PDA

View Full Version : 07 Civic Vti-L Head Unit

dmarc
25-10-2007, 07:14 PM
hey guys, just a quick question, sorry if it sounds abit noobish :o
how does the audio unit read MP3's in a CD?

for example, if i organize my music in album folders instead of having all of the songs in the main folder, would i be able to change between folders? and also if i want to just listen to all of my songs on shuffle, would i be able to do that?

any help is appreciated, :D

dmarc

Shimian
25-10-2007, 07:21 PM
For it to listen to mp3, you need to burn it as data file.

You can organize the songs in folders. To skip folders, you hold down the next button. To skip songs within a folder, just press once.

In regards to songs playing in random order, im not too sure. Never looked into it. Maybe it cannot. Someone else might be able to help u out here.

Joele
25-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Turning the left dial (not the volume) is easier way to skip between folders :)

Diesmile
25-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Turning the left dial (not the volume) is easier way to skip between folders :)

yeap, very easy to do :)

shame some of my best mp3 songs are decoded at layer 2 which doens't play by the unit.

JaCe
25-10-2007, 10:25 PM
^ I think you mean 'encoded'? *shrugs*

Anyhow, on Civic 06+ headunits, press and hold the left jog dial in the centre until it beeps, then you can select play mode (e.g. repeat, random, repeat folder, random folder, etc...) for both mp3 mode and normal CD mode.

For changing folders, rotate the left jog dial, or if you have steering wheel controls, hold down the next/previous track buttons and it'll skip folders.

jc.

dmarc
25-10-2007, 11:42 PM
thanks for the quick replies everyone, the reason why i'm asking is because i'm picking up my Civic tomorrow, and i need something to listen to while i cruise around in it :D

hopefully nothing will go wrong, and i reckon i'll be more of an active member around here :p

denot
26-10-2007, 11:05 AM
thanks for the quick replies everyone, the reason why i'm asking is because i'm picking up my Civic tomorrow, and i need something to listen to while i cruise around in it :D

hopefully nothing will go wrong, and i reckon i'll be more of an active member around here :p

mate, when you pick your civic up dont listen to any mp3... try to listen to any rattles (or weird sound) first, so you can bring it straight back to the dealaer if (touch wood) you find any... :p

Joele
26-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I would also check the paint work carefully.. though so far that seems to have been just me with that problem LOL

JaCe
26-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeh make sure you listen carefully for anything wrong. Although that being said, listening to music for the first drive is fine.. just give yourself ample time to get acquainted and learn the habits of the Civic. There are some significant issues with the A pillar (i.e. the one directly in front of you) which impede your view to see cars diagonal from you.. esp coming from the right in roundabouts. The side mirrors are really good if you angle them properly.

Remember don't thrash it yet :)

Joele
26-10-2007, 02:14 PM
There are some significant issues with the A pillar (i.e. the one directly in front of you) which impede your view to see cars diagonal from you..

LOL, yeah I almost took out some pedestrians the day I got it, well scared them and myself anyway.. used to it now, just needed that one scare.. :p

denot
26-10-2007, 02:15 PM
LOL, yeah I almost took out some pedestrians the day I got it, well scared them and myself anyway.. used to it now, just needed that one scare.. :p

i almost took out 3 times!!!! T-T

JaCe
26-10-2007, 05:39 PM
You'll also find the brakes fade really easily, and that having a few people in the car really really hinders braking performance of the Civic. I'm actually considering the Mugen brakes if I can find proof that they substantially improve braking performance.

andyhui01
26-10-2007, 07:59 PM
^my bigbrakekit is planned after Coilovers, the brakes on the civic is quite poor, about 5 mins of full on twisties and I can feel my brake performance getting really bad.
btw Jace, tbh... I don't see the point of getting Mugen brakes, they are way too overpriced, there are some US brands that are up there such as Rotora, or others like Willwood... or if you're budget is limited, espec, VTTR, D2 or K-sport are pretty good as well.

And that A-piller is annoying... but I got used to it, just have to move your head around when doing corners, but problem is I find myself doing it in other cars as well... lol

And after 1 year of driving my civic, I seriously had no idea about holding the track button to go betwen folders and holding the sound button!!!

JaCe
26-10-2007, 08:18 PM
lol audio was #1 priority for me since i spend alot of time sitting in traffic on my way to work... so i discovered this stuff quickly :)

as for the A pillar... i'm used to it too, but that once in a while.. sometimes you nearly forget about it!

finally for brakes, i agree they are a bit pricey. i just need to weigh up my options cos i'm still saving up for the evo X and don't wanna waste too much $$ on a car which i'm gonna trade in.

dmarc
26-10-2007, 11:19 PM
i just came back from a whole day of cruising around in the Civic. Well not the whole day, but almost the whole day lol. all i can say is wow, i'm loving it, although the A pillar is annoying, and im still getting adjusted to it, i should be fine in a couple more drives :D

and yeh, i tried listening to weird sounds around the car and I didn't hear anything, either i'm deaf or the car is fine, hopefully the car is fine loL

Shimian
27-10-2007, 08:40 AM
lol audio was #1 priority for me since i spend alot of time sitting in traffic on my way to work... so i discovered this stuff quickly :)

as for the A pillar... i'm used to it too, but that once in a while.. sometimes you nearly forget about it!

finally for brakes, i agree they are a bit pricey. i just need to weigh up my options cos i'm still saving up for the evo X and don't wanna waste too much $$ on a car which i'm gonna trade in.

you leave the brotherhood if u get an evo X :p

cracker
27-10-2007, 07:01 PM

no you cant...your one of us......ONE OF US!!!!

denot
29-10-2007, 09:19 AM
you leave the brotherhood if u get an evo X :p

Listen to Shimian JaCe!!!!

Btw, out of topic... is Evo X comes in AT transmission? :eek:

hormone
08-11-2007, 07:33 AM
how do you burn mps in folders. i can organise them in folders through itunes but cant burn, unless i am doing something wrong??
any advice??

JaCe
08-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Took me ages to experiment with iTunes to burn in folders... what you gotta do is somehow get it to SORT by Album (or Artist) in the main view of the playlist, and then when you burn the CD, make sure it's set to Data Disc or MP3 mode (I can't remember which; but I think both works?)... then when it burns, it'll burn using folders.

As for the Evo X... If I get it, I'll get the SST which is a DSG-style transmission (i.e. it's a manual with automatic feature). Realistically the only things which stopped me from buying a sports car originally are the fact that I'm on Provisional License (no forced induction or v8s) and that I spend 99% of my time in the CBD as I work there (hence a manual would be a pain in the butt).

denot
08-11-2007, 10:28 AM
As for the Evo X... If I get it, I'll get the SST which is a DSG-style transmission (i.e. it's a manual with automatic feature). Realistically the only things which stopped me from buying a sports car originally are the fact that I'm on Provisional License (no forced induction or v8s) and that I spend 99% of my time in the CBD as I work there (hence a manual would be a pain in the butt).

yeah the SST sounds nice, but wont it feel like drifing a "semi-auto"? :p

anyway, u got to have 2 cars then Jace! :p

JaCe
08-11-2007, 12:08 PM
yeah the SST sounds nice, but wont it feel like drifing a "semi-auto"? :p

anyway, u got to have 2 cars then Jace! :p

lol performance of a manual + daily-driver-automatic = perfect for my lifestyle. i know enthusiasts will say "it's not a real manual", but i'm not really fussed about that. i'm quite interested in the way it has something similar to subaru's SI-drive where the settings of the car change easily with a single switch, and the paddleshift (or initial-d-style shift) is good enough for me.

denot
08-11-2007, 12:10 PM
lol performance of a manual + daily-driver-automatic = perfect for my lifestyle. i know enthusiasts will say "it's not a real manual", but i'm not really fussed about that. i'm quite interested in the way it has something similar to subaru's SI-drive where the settings of the car change easily with a single switch, and the paddleshift (or initial-d-style shift) is good enough for me.

now u kno why i buy the auto sports :p. me want performance, she wants auto :p

JaCe
08-11-2007, 12:17 PM
now u kno why i buy the auto sports :p. me want performance, she wants auto :p

I think in the modern world, there's nothing wrong with buying an auto. Unless you have enough money to have a second "weekend car" (or the patience to live with a manual in daily driving), most people will find that they need something they can sit in, and just relax when they drive into/out of work each day.

denot
08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah for me, I will pass this one on to my soon to be bride later when I got more cash to buy the X :p (i think I might concentrate on the wedding 1st, for now :p)