PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem?

lazzyme
25-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I own a Honda Civic EG 1995 Gli, my car dies sometimes when i drive over pot holes. Well i think it dies because there might be a loose wire somewhere about in the fuse box located about under the steering wheel, cant seem to find out which one.

Why do i think its my fuse box? reason is because when i got home, my car was on and i was moving around the wires located at the fuse box, cause i had a feeling it was the fuse box and car just died while slapping it around (doesnt sound like a smart thing to do, but i was desperate to find out what was the problem, hahaha) and when i tried to turn it on again it wouldnt turn on and the SRS and the ENGINE LIGHT did not appear as it always does until i started slapping the wires around once again, then the car would start cause the SRS and ENGINE LIGHT came back showing on the dash.

The story started when i was driving home from work and i went over a pot hole and all this light started blinking on the dash and beeping noise and from there my engine power was slowing down and i couldnt accelerate, from this point i knew the car is dieing. As i pulled over to the kerb, i couldnt start the car and when i put it into P [automatic transmission by the way] it was locked and i couldnt put it into neutral but my headlights and cd player was working, the thing is the car wont start and engine light didnt appear, i check the bonnet nothing was wrong, till i kicked something around the fuse box area then car started, lucky me! thats when i had a feeling it might be the fuse box.

Anyways!, does it sound like a loose wire in the fuse box? would be really appreciated if someone can tell me whats wrong and could you also tell me wheres the BEST car electrician place for me to go to get this checked out and fix this problem, would be REALLY REALLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME READING MY PROBLEMS.

destrukshn
25-10-2007, 10:52 PM
check your battery terminal.
and also the cable that goes from the battery to the fuse box.

ECU-MAN
26-10-2007, 09:00 AM
check the wiring from any aftermarket alarm

also could be the ignition switch.

make all connectors going to the fuse box are firmly connected, mainly the one that goes to the ignition switch from the fues box.

lazzyme
27-10-2007, 12:31 AM
apparently today i had someone check the car and my fuse box was very messy unfortunately as the sound system was removed the cable was left back. the person said it maybe the speaker wires / amp and sub wire that hasnt been remove is the most likely the cause, he told me to get a professional car electricians to remove those unwanted wires and clean the messy tangled wires located at the fuse box up. could anyone tell me where i could find a reasonable price to get it done around sydney area or bankstown / liverpool area's.

Thanks for the reply