PDA

View Full Version : Wheel question for Euro 2003 luxory

johnprocter
26-10-2007, 04:09 PM
If i want to put wheels which are 18*8.0 on the euro would they fit properly? I hear everyone recommend 7.5.. what problems would i get if i put on ones which are 8.0? thanks

sameol3
26-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Yep they will fit..as i have them on my euro...but becarefull of the offsets as anything below +45 will cause the wheel to stick out of the guards and not flush when u look at it from the back of the car.... :D

johnprocter
26-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Can you explain what offsets are sorry lol i have no idea.. and what i would have to tell the people at the place i get them to make sure its the right stuff

sameol3
26-10-2007, 04:49 PM
best way to understand it is have u seen deep dish wheels? they are generally lower offsets.... so offsets means the width of the wheel and where where wheel centre connects to the hub... wider deep dish rims generally sit in more hence having deepdish...

quote from some site ("offset" is simply the relationship between
the middle of the wheel width and the mating surface between wheel hub
and axle hub.)

generally the the stock euro wheel is +55 so what u are looking for is a rim between +45 to +55. any less like mine will result in the wheel looking like its not flush with the guards... mine is +43 and it sticks out abit...but i can live with it...

hope that helps...there are some threads in this forum explaining it but i cant be bothered searching for the link...:p

johnprocter
26-10-2007, 04:54 PM
haha thats cool thanks i just want to know what to tell the wheel place i go to so they dont **** it up can anyone else help?

sameol3
26-10-2007, 05:01 PM
well just make sure the rims u are planning to get are between the offsets stated (+45 to 55) and it should be fine ;). as long as u know that ull be safe from some dodgy rim places that try to sell u anything without knowing the correct offset for the euro as some members have experienced.

goodluck n drive safe...:honda:

aaronng
26-10-2007, 05:58 PM
And make sure you get hub-centric rings as well as. They are plastic/aluminium rings that go around the center hub so that the rim cavity fits snugly.

johnprocter
26-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I was just told that the offset for the wheels are 37.. so i guess i cant get them?

tony1234
27-10-2007, 08:58 AM
I was just told that the offset for the wheels are 37.. so i guess i cant get them?
In a word.NO.