PDA

View Full Version : b18c7 into ek4, wiring and other misc questions

vinnY
27-10-2007, 01:00 AM
now as far as i know, the mechanics of removing the motor seem pretty straight forward, remove drive shafts, drain all fluids(engine oil, gearbox, clutch, power steering, radiator fluid), disconnect all wiring, secure engine with hoist and remove all 5 mounts(rear, gearbox, passenger and two torque mounts)

now my question is, when i disconnect the wiring hardness from my stock b16 engine(i assume that most are located on the shock towers? haven't had a good look behind the engine yet) i assume most of the wiring harness is still stuck on the engine. do i pull out the engine then disconnect all the harness off the motor or do it do it while its still in the car?
i obviously can't reuse the itr motor's wiring harness even if it does come with it since its a 2 piece design apparently while my ek's is 1 piece. when re-using it is it a direct plug and play with the b18c7 motor or will modifications be needed?

am i right to assume that my car is indeed a obd2a(pre-facelift ek) and if i do get a b18c7 from 99-01 itr it'll be odb2b(i intend on using the stock itr ecu first). are all obd2 ecu connectors the same or will i have to either modify own harness to accept the b18c7 ecu?

now with air con, i know it should be degassed by a pro, but what if i want to keep air con? can i just unbolt the compressor from the motor and support it in the bay while i remove the motor?

had a little list of things to change on the transplant motor;
all belts
water pump
rocker cover gasket
spark plugs
sump gasket
anything else i should add to the list?
should i also be looking at changing the clutch and flywheel while motor is out? while on the topic of gearboxes, will my stock b16 driveshafts plug and play into the b18c7 motor or will i need b18c7 driveshafts?

now i'd search but nothing matches my scenario of odb2 to odb2(tried honda-tech but apparently everyone buys non-vtec civics to take on the conversion)

any input and hi-jacks welcome if you have questions of your own
i'll be adding questions of my own as they come to mind so i can just consolidate everything here and help out people who need to know about the same topic too :)