PDA

View Full Version : does the CXi have a fuel light?

_Daniel
10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi, just wondering if my Civic (2000 EK CXi) has a fuel light?

I"ve been driving a fair bit lately and the fuel needle sits on the red part of the dash but the fuel light just doesn't come on.

can someone confirm if this model civic has/hasn't got a fuel light?

Muckafutha
10-08-2004, 12:29 AM
yes they do
its at the top right corner

Perry
10-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Yes it should light up yellow coz i got the same model as well, right at the end of the right corner

ingram
18-10-2004, 09:41 PM
yes they do but u shouldnt drive around with hardly any fuel because u will pick up shit off the bottom of the tank and the injectors will get blocked up

bennjamin
18-10-2004, 09:54 PM
yes they do but u shouldnt drive around with hardly any fuel because u will pick up shit off the bottom of the tank and the injectors will get blocked up

The point of the fuel filter,is to filter such "shit".

imashy14u
19-10-2004, 05:27 PM
the light won't come on until the needle is below the red line. Basically, until you have virtually nothing left in your tank

onabuzz
21-10-2004, 12:53 AM
asif i got a 97 cxi, and iv run the tank to bare minimum and the light still hasnt come on!!!, way below the red bit... myabe its jus broken?!?

tekling
21-10-2004, 01:59 AM
how many k's left till when the fuel light comes on??

|N|
21-10-2004, 03:09 AM
my fuel light wont come on to... does anyone knows wats wrong and how to fix?

SiR JDM
21-10-2004, 08:49 AM
When the fuel light comes on, you still have about 7/8 litres (from what ive been told)..
Enough to get you to a servo but I agree with ingram, although ben is right the fuel filter does *filter* the shit at the bottom of your tank, its best to play it safe...
not that i ever do tho -_-

bennjamin
21-10-2004, 12:20 PM
my fuel light is a funny one...

comes on just alittle abov the red line...then suddenly goes out.
From experience - I know i have atleast 50-70 mroe kms to go - as the light goes on and off and on again randomly ( and the actual gauge goes alittle up and down randomly too) THEN it finalyl goes on constant - and then i rush to the nearest servo ehhe.

egSi
21-10-2004, 12:46 PM
my eg5 si has 6L left after fule lights comes on.

ive done 60km after light was on and still made it to servo, pretty frickin empty tho, runnin on fumes i think :)

00' coupe
22-10-2004, 01:26 AM
yeh it does hav a fuel light... it flashes on n off wen ur gettin near empty probably bout 7litres... den wen u get really low, lik less den 5 it stays on for awhile at a time... also its d way ur drivin. if ur in traffic or hammerin, d light will flash on n off cos at dat rate u wil run out of petrol soon. ul find dat once u start cruzin it d light wil turn off...
dats from experience cos i had a 2000 cxi...

hope dat helpz

imashy14u
22-10-2004, 09:25 AM
the reason that the fuel light fades on and off is because of the fuel pickup sensor position within the fuel tank. If for example the sensor is on the left side of the tank, then when you corner right the light will go off because the sensor is picking up the fuel, but when cornering left the sensor will go on because all the fuel is in the right side of the tank and the sensor can't pick it up. This also explains why the needle goes up and down (what bennjamin said).

if the light is constantly on, regardless which way you're turning, then you have no feul in the tank for the sensor to pick up and you better get to a servo asap ;)

onabuzz
25-10-2004, 05:24 PM
iv never ever seen my one turn on, and im pretty sure iv takin it close to drip dry!