PDA

View Full Version : modify headlights dc2

AzKik-R
27-10-2007, 07:11 PM
I want to know if anyone knows how i could re-wire the headlights on the dc2 so that the car only uses the outside lights for high and low beams, instead of the current setup where the inside lights are low beams, and the outside lights are the low beams. I've thought up the coolest mod for the car
The bulbs are just normal ones, with 3 prongs on the end, one of these is for the low beam positive, one for the high beam positive, and one for the neg/earth.
How would I wire up the outside lights to do both high and low beams?

traumatized
27-10-2007, 08:42 PM
i'm not entirely sure but wouldn't snipping the wires from the driving lights and the high beam lights and then switching them to the other light work?

just remember if you do it to solder and and tape the connections up so you don't short anything with exposed wires.

AzKik-R
27-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Was hoping someone made a device with tidy plugs etc etc.
are there any legal issues about having only the outer set of lights and removing the inner set?

traumatized
27-10-2007, 08:57 PM
i don't think there are any legal issues, as long as you do adjust the lights after you have made the swap as the high beam lights are generally point up.

guess if you wanted to do it neat and tidy you could also buy some male and female sockets and plugs from jaycar and then solder the snipped wires to that, so you can easily swap them around again if you don't like how it turned out.

tRipitaka
27-10-2007, 08:57 PM
you might not be able to see as much ?

AzKik-R
27-10-2007, 09:27 PM
When I got my car I got one of those top fuel carbon power intake thingys I decided the best thing I could do, would be to remove the inner light (saw the light bulb case thingy in half and silicone gell the bulb case to be sealed up again) and then fabricate some type of funnel from where the light bulb used to sit and box that over the pod filter instant cold air supply........
well, air as cold as I can get in Alice Springs

mrwillz
27-10-2007, 10:39 PM
sounds like a cool idea.