PDA

View Full Version : running doughy

jasonb
27-10-2007, 07:11 PM
hi guys i need some help ,ive got a 98 crv and the last week shes been down on power ,its not missing or anything theres a slight tappit rattle but its been there for over 50,000 ks ,it feels like im towing another car its so bad ,its regularly serviced , any thoughts appreciated ,,,thanx guys

traumatized
27-10-2007, 09:02 PM
could be a few things that may cause this some of which may be

- bad batch of fuel you filled up with
- the hotter weather (not sure if you live in sydney)
- when was the last time you got it serviced?
- check air filter as it may need replacing or a clean
- tyre pressure is down

these are just some things that may cause your car to run a little sluggish.

jasonb
27-10-2007, 09:13 PM
could be fuel ,but i get mine free ,,,work purk but allways from mobil
i live up near tamworth its been hot here ,but it was good last year
serviced about 3000ks ago
put a new k&n filter on about 2 weeks ago
tyres new 2 days ago
might take out the air filter and go for a run ,ive got a pod filter i could try

thanx man

aaronng
27-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Is it an auto or manual? Change the ATF if it is auto.
Also, change the fuel filter and spark plugs if required. Check the dizzy cap for corossion.

jasonb
27-10-2007, 11:21 PM
hi its a manual
i thought about the plugs and fuel filter as they were changed about 40,000 ks ago ,will check all them tomorrow ,,,thanx

aaronng
27-10-2007, 11:46 PM
hi its a manual
i thought about the plugs and fuel filter as they were changed about 40,000 ks ago ,will check all them tomorrow ,,,thanx

Were the plugs copper ($4 each) or platinum ones ($10 each)? If they were copper ones, then it's time to change as they last about 20,000km.

jasonb
29-10-2007, 05:05 PM
hi guys ,i checked the dizzy cap and she was a little corrodded so i fixed that ,then i checked the plugs they are burning perfect but the gap was about 2 to 2.5 mm when there supposed to be 1.1 so ill see how she goes when the missus take it to town tommorrow ,,,,thanx again guys

aaronng
29-10-2007, 05:19 PM
hi guys ,i checked the dizzy cap and she was a little corrodded so i fixed that ,then i checked the plugs they are burning perfect but the gap was about 2 to 2.5 mm when there supposed to be 1.1 so ill see how she goes when the missus take it to town tommorrow ,,,,thanx again guys

Were they platinum or copper? If they are copper, just change them and get the correct 1.1mm gap. If they are platinum ones, regap them.