PDA

View Full Version : BC QF's on Jazz - Scraping Noise

Poeter
27-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey guys

Just got my qf's installed with Potenza RE001 195/50/15. Love the looks of it but not sure what you guys might think. However, criticism and constructive comments are welcome

http://picasaweb.google.com/peterwong86/BuddyClubsQFS15x7

Has anyone ever been buggered with the tyres' wall scrapping the edge of the wheel arch of the rear?? I noticed there are some marks on my tyres' sidewall.

I'm still using the stock suspension at the moment. It just so happens when go past some bumpy road a bit faster, I hear scrapping noises.

I think it's probably due to the increase in tyre width. If this happens with stock suspension, I can't imagine when i lower it. Do you think I may need a camber kit?

Cheers,

Peter

STTICH
28-10-2007, 08:41 AM
are the offsets somthing like +35 for the QF's ?

first of all, there are no camber kit available for the rear of the jazz. so that option is out.

judging from the rear view pic u posted, u might not actually have too much problems wth the guards. if u observe closely, u might find that most of the scraping are caused by the 'metal screw part' thats holding the rear bumper.

if its only a slight scrape, u can try file abit of the metal bracket away. tat may or may not help depending on the extent of scraping u're experiencing. there's one other option but thats for the extreme, u can ask a workshop to grind off the bracket, and relocate the screws that holds / secure the bumper.

if u do see some tyre marks on the lip of the guard, u may choose to get the guards rolled at rear. but most of the time, it doesnt help all that much (for a jazz) because half of the wheel arch of the rear is part of the bumper.

Dreams
28-10-2007, 09:01 AM
yeah what lilo said ^^^.

if you do going to roll it, dont roll it completely, slightly roll the top part of the lip just to avoid wraping on the metal, jazz is delicate. and do what stticth said with filling down the bumper to body connection