PDA

View Full Version : civic cxi mods = bad?

AutoNoob
28-10-2007, 01:28 AM
i hear that modding a non vtec engine would be a waste of money?

can someone verify this so i dont waste money buying turbos and whatnot??

also,

what can i install on my gearbox so i can rev the living crap out of the car? like wat mods give u better acceleration?

scyt7e
28-10-2007, 02:32 AM
go get a engine swap :thumbsup:

aowwllan
28-10-2007, 03:14 AM
bolt on turbo kit sounds good =D run a t28

spacepants_fb
28-10-2007, 08:34 AM
i hear that modding a non vtec engine would be a waste of money?

can someone verify this so i dont waste money buying turbos and whatnot??

also,

what can i install on my gearbox so i can rev the living crap out of the car? like wat mods give u better acceleration?

It all comes down to how much power you want to have at your disposal. Realistically, modding a cxi will never get you the same power as a bseries or a kseries engine (unless you go down the forced induction route). However you can make it a more "fun" drive by doing suspension mods on your cxi. You just need to ask yourself how much power you want your car to have at the end of the day and make your decision based on that.

As to what mods you can do to your current d16 engine to give you better acceleration - headers, hi flow cat, intake and exhaust will all make your car breathe better. But like I said before, ask yourself how much power it is that you really want before you purchase any of these things.

steve88
28-10-2007, 11:39 AM
you can always do a mini me make ur engine vtec. im gonna do it, sure you can say waste of $600 but too get a b16 installed by someone is $4500. whats cheaper? (btw i cant turbo, on Ps). i just want vtec for the fact of having vtec :) some mods need no question, id love to hear that scream on an EK1!