PDA

View Full Version : 12v wire to my amp, help gromet location

hongster
28-10-2007, 02:28 AM
g'day all yes ived searched and searched but i cant find anything

im hooking up my amp and sub to my
:honda:tourer....(bought it last week.:cool:)

ive got everything hooked up:D
all i need is to wire my 12v cable from my amp to my battery but im getting stuck....:confused:......... the grommet under the aircon tubing on the passenger side of the engine bay is the place ive chosen but when i push the cable thru it dosent protude into the cabin.......... theres this big plastic fan thing in the way ..... how else to i get it thru???
do i got to dissassemble stuff??

all other possibilties are no good......... please help me wire my amp in...

(rear speakers tapped into hi-level inputs, auto remote so sweet (hi-lvl input sensor) and earth wire bolted to chasis) i tried putting the wire thru the eng bay first but it was too hard so i just continued to hook everything else up and ask the question here.............

EuroDude
28-10-2007, 03:31 AM
hmm I simply pushed the power cable through and it entered into the cabin just below the glove box.

You need to lift out the carpet to get to the cable. Perhaps the cable went upwards instead? When you push the cable through, try directing it downwards.

hongster
28-10-2007, 06:00 AM
yeah i wish i had x-ray spec's to see where the hell its going...??
might try removing some bits .... did you usethe same hole imtakin about?

anyone???????????????????? ideas??????????????// help???????????????????????

EUR003act
28-10-2007, 01:32 PM
i think i know the whole your talking about... i used the whole in the engine bay where there is already two conduct cables going into the firewall.... it comes out behind the heating/aircon fan... it was an absolute bitch to get the cable out as you have to try find it above everything else...

aaronng
28-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Tie a piece of stiff wire bent at 90 degrees to your amp power cable so that when you push it through the grommet you can angle it downwards.

EuroDude
28-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I think your cable may have gone upwards. Remove the cable and insert it again, this time downwards. You should be able to grab it just above the carpet behind the black air fan assembly, towards the center console.

The hole I used is located in the center of the passenger side firewall, I had to puncture the rubber grommet and push the cable along side the existing tubes.

Plant you head on the passenger floor and look up, shine a torch up the back, it should be there somewhere.

EuroAccord13
29-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I tied the end of the cable to a cable tie and then fitted the cable tie through as it's harder, angle the end of the cable tie down and fit it through, then fit your hand up behind the squarish box behind the glove box (Don't forget to remove carpet, just bend it out) and feel for the cable tie...

Pumped
29-10-2007, 02:10 PM
its pretty easy to get through there, i got 0 gauge through so you shouldnt have to much trouble ffinding room, just reach around, or use a coat hanger and push it through

tron07
30-10-2007, 08:39 AM
whoa.... 0 guage... that thick.

Hongster what guage cable you are using?

hongster
30-10-2007, 11:26 PM
thanks to all, i had another go when the misses got back, but still its the black box that ill might have to remove.........im using 4gauge might go 8 now
but all my last cars(5) ive had no drama's even my misses beetle wasn't as hard and you could hardly see the firewall with all the vw junk in the way
oh well might take it in to a shop if i cant get it the next couple of times...

Dy_
31-10-2007, 12:36 AM
i used a coat hanger tied to the wire.