PDA

View Full Version : Civic (eg6) brake guru Question?!

Sexc86
29-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey guys

Recently got myself a Complete Front and Rear Eg6 Brake Setup, to replace my standard Eg Gli brakes.

Now unfortunately the rear discs only 1 of the brakes came with a bolt to hold in the brake line to the caliper. Looks outs of place as it has an allen key head :S..... is this correct?.. also doesnt seem to have a hold through the middle of the bolt ...

anyway i remove the bolts from the front calipers of my old brakes, which seem to fit perfectly? will these be a problem to use?

This is of grate concern to me as brakes a very important especially when your driving a 5year pride and joy...

Thanks very much in advance

Regards Lyle

http://i24.tinypic.com/jkyj29.jpg

bennjamin
29-10-2007, 08:42 PM
OH i get what you mean lol. the bottom one holes the line to the caliper - and there should be 1 washer with it as well. See how the upper section is flat ? thats to hold the actual nipple to the side of teh caliper and allow fluid flow

ECU-MAN
30-10-2007, 08:03 AM
wow

dont use the top bolt anymore, find a bolt like the bottom one. this will affect performance for sure ( if it even worked )

im sure you can get one from Honda parts.

JasonGilholme
30-10-2007, 08:14 AM
you might be able to use the old ones if they fit. there should be 2 washers as well. one for either side of brake line.

I know this cause i pulled my rear brakes apart last night.

I'm sure you'd be able to grab those bolts for cheap/nothing at a wreckers in brissie :thumbsup:

Let me know if you need a hand man. :thumsbup:

kyle
30-10-2007, 11:42 AM
um differnt thread sizes?

bennjamin
30-10-2007, 12:12 PM
um differnt thread sizes?

that much is obvious.
what has happened - is the wrecker has put in any old bolt to hold the line to the caliper. The proper bolt is the one shown below ( notice the flat edge to allow fluid flow while held to the caliper)

Sexc86
30-10-2007, 07:49 PM
sorry guys.. my misstake... got in touch with the seller... thebob, and was my misstake as i purchased these a few months ago i forgot he put a bolt in just as a bung to stop leaking while i was transporting it home in my car.... :)

i do have 2 other bolts here off my old setup, no washers though :( are they unique honda washers or a standard to some size?

ps... cheers jase may deffinately hit you up ;)

teh_mechanic
30-10-2007, 09:32 PM
you just need to get 2 copper washers of the right size,they aren't honda specific.
It's important that the washers are copper so the bolt actually 'squishes' them down to provide a good seal on each side,its called a banjo fitting.