PDA

View Full Version : Which tyres?

nick_sixx
29-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey i know there is a thread on this (how to choose the best tyre) but i couldnt remember where to find it so i thought id post a new one. i want to get a set of new tyres in the near future, i want something as close to semi slicks as i can get, but for a daily driver (i dont want semi's as they'll wear out in like 3 months). any opinions? i want to spend around $600 - $1000 on them so any advive would be much appreciated. cheers

edit: to fit 15x7.5's

Spunkymonkey
29-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Search is your friend

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409&page=76&highlight=tyre+recommendation

e240
29-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey i know there is a thread on this (how to choose the best tyre) but i couldnt remember where to find it so i thought id post a new one. i want to get a set of new tyres in the near future, i want something as close to semi slicks as i can get, but for a daily driver (i dont want semi's as they'll wear out in like 3 months). any opinions? i want to spend around $600 - $1000 on them so any advive would be much appreciated. cheers

edit: to fit 15x7.5's

Something close to a semi...I've heard good things about the Federal 595RS.
Maybe you can trial it and post a review here?

nick_sixx
30-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Something close to a semi...I've heard good things about the Federal 595RS.
Maybe you can trial it and post a review here?

just from looking at the website i can see that that tyre would be pretty good...but it says its a semi, and i want my tyres to last at least 20 000kms. the tyres i have at the moment are pretty good - dunlop fm901's, but theyre getting pretty low on the old traction, so any more advice would be good?

e240
30-10-2007, 07:16 AM
just from looking at the website i can see that that tyre would be pretty good...but it says its a semi, and i want my tyres to last at least 20 000kms. the tyres i have at the moment are pretty good - dunlop fm901's, but theyre getting pretty low on the old traction, so any more advice would be good?

Yeah, they've classified it as a semi slick because it looks like one, but I'm pretty sure its not an R Compound.

nick_sixx
30-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, they've classified it as a semi slick because it looks like one, but I'm pretty sure its not an R Compound.

ok ill try and find somewhere that has them. ill be sure to write a review on them if i get them!

SeverAMV
31-10-2007, 01:54 PM
maxxis ma-v1 are a street radial tyre that should fit. grip is pretty good, i'd say close to adrenalins, and they should last a decent while. but for cornering response, adrenalins are a little better.