PDA

View Full Version : integra Xsi(92) VS Vti-R(94)

taybelZ
10-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Just wondering quickly, would the xsi beat the vti-r in terms of straight line performance (0 - 100). My cuz has a XSi and he told me it creams the second generation integra vti-Rs. Can someone shed some light onto this comment.

Also i'm right in saying the Xsi in the JDM integras right? (the orginal typeRs)

Thanks for the replys.

First post be gentle please.
:)

FR33K
10-08-2004, 05:31 PM
yeah the XSi is the Jap model g2 teg... it has a b16a (same engine found in a 92-97 crx and civic vti-rs)... 118kw i believe..
i find it hard to believe that it would beat a vtir teg
but i could be wrong
maybe in 0-100 but that does really show that the car is fast...
1/4 mile would be a different story

EDIT: dont u mean 3rd generation integra vtirs ???

FANATK
11-08-2004, 11:12 AM
those tegs have the B16A1, not sure whats the diff with the aus spec ones power wise but i know the aus spec is a B16A2...

the definite difference is weight, the g2's are lighter and depending on mods and power possibly beating an aus g3 vtir is not out of the question, but not creaming them i dont think! also depending on the driver of the vtir...

i learnt on my B16A del sol a good shift is one where the revs hit vtec straight after a change, u may need to double clutch... :)

FR33K
11-08-2004, 06:21 PM
yeh i was thinkin bout his at work today and i think the jap spec b16's in the xsi actually have 125kw..

Teggy-Vtir
11-08-2004, 07:24 PM
ive beaten an integra xsi with my 94 teg vtir on a roll

b16a_integra
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
ive got an xsi i know for sure theyre preyy close, depending on many factors.
but it all begins from the start because first and second have the same gear ratio i believe.

davey
11-08-2004, 10:01 PM
its a possibility that it could beat a g3 vtir, but i dont think so because the g3 has more torque so it should get it off the start and i dont think the g2 would come back after that. altho if it does it wont 'cream' it

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 01:40 PM
hey FR33K - if you dont know - then dont say!

joneblaze
12-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Cmon Tinker, enlighten us...is a stock XSi faster than a DC2VTiR? :)
I'm thinking no...but I've got no idea how much the G2 XSi's weigh....and sort of figures does the JDM XSi B16A put out?

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Cmon Tinker, enlighten us...is a stock XSi faster than a DC2VTiR? :)
I'm thinking no...but I've got no idea how much the G2 XSi's weigh....and sort of figures does the JDM XSi B16A put out?

sorry mate, just sick of the mis-information that is thrown about on this forum...

here is a link to the Xsi specs:

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/integra/9it-ka-904a/3dxsi_sy.html

it shows 160ps and about 1100kg for base Xsi

NB 160ps = ~118kW

also NB there is NO SUCH THING as a B16A1 it is a 'B16A'

here is a link ot the JDM VtiR (called the Si VTEC)

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/integra/94it3-ka-305/vtc_sy.html

it shows 180ps and 1120kg for base VtiR

NB 180ps = ~127kW

--

i would have thought this question was a no brainer - a 1.6 vtec vs a 1.8 vtec

hmmmm, let me think for a second - the 1.8 litre would win???

--

if you cant read Japanese use this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
ive got an xsi i know for sure theyre preyy close, depending on many factors.
but it all begins from the start because first and second have the same gear ratio i believe.

Si VTEC/Vtir
1st - 3.230
2nd - 1.900
3rd - 1.360
4th - 1.034
5th - 0.787
FD 4.4

Xsi
1st - 3.250
2nd - 2.052
3rd - 1.416
4th - 1.103
5th - 0.906
FD 4.400

nup - sorry, nothing the same about those gear ratios.... except the Final Drive

FR33K
12-08-2004, 03:59 PM
B16Ax byla v průběhu let posunuta směrem vzhůru a tak se verze určená pro japonský trh mohla pochlubit výkonem 125kW při 7800 ot/min

haha can any1 translate this ?!?!?
i see b16A... japonsky.. and 125 kw

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 04:05 PM
B16Ax byla v průběhu let posunuta směrem vzhůru a tak se verze určená pro japonský trh mohla pochlubit výkonem 125kW při 7800 ot/min

haha can any1 translate this ?!?!?
i see b16A... japonsky.. and 125 kw

is that what makes you think that there is a factory b16a that puts out 125kW???

man, that is really really sad...

FR33K
12-08-2004, 04:08 PM
get over it idiot
i have seen it somewhere before
but i did a 2 second search on google and thats all i found

and i didnt say IT IS

I SAID I THINK

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 04:09 PM
hey FR33K - if you dont know - then dont say...

simple stuff ;)

FR33K
12-08-2004, 04:13 PM
thanks einstein

joneblaze
12-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Please keep this on topic or the thread will be locked. You may take personal arguments to PM.

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 04:32 PM
BTW - it is quite funny... despite what he has posted being incorrect, some of the parts of what FR33K is babbling about is slightly correct and except for the fact that he doesnt really know what he is talking about, he has made an interesting point...

let 'einstein' explain:

the 89 - 92 Xsi's came out with OBD0 B16A's putting out 118kW

the very late 92 Xsi's came out with the OBD1 B16A's that put out 125kW

but very very few of these ever came out, similar to the OBD1 EF civics...

FR33K
12-08-2004, 04:45 PM
there u go idiot
wow why the sudden change of mind
thats interesting
i was right after all

MAYBE if YOU dont know wat ur talkin about then DONT POST.. like u said.. SIMPLE
think u know everything huh...
BTW.. NoTHIN i have said has been incorrect.. maybe u should read your posts

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM
yeh i was thinkin bout his at work today and i think the jap spec b16's in the xsi actually have 125kw..

so you think this statement is true and correct?

it is not.

FR33K
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
haha
its not incorrect...
more correct then your statement..
u said they dont exist !!

and like u said
"just sick of the mis-information that is thrown about on this forum..."

no further comments

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
haha
its not incorrect...
more correct then your statement..
u said they dont exist !!

if you can show us where i said they "dont exist" i will proven wrong - but that will be pretty hard, cause nowhere in this thread (or anywhere else) did i say that...

FR33K
12-08-2004, 05:12 PM
is that what makes you think that there is a factory b16a that puts out 125kW???

u didnt directly say it.. but that explains it..
and also when u said i dont know wat im talkin about
and when u put up the specs of the integra xsi u didnt mention the 125kw

anyway your wrong
stop wasting ur time

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 05:24 PM
the REASON i did not mention the 125kW version is because they are so un-common that 90% of the Xsi's were 118kW versions...

but hey - you said you thought that they all were 125kW, so who is the one who doesn't know what they are talking about?

also notice how HONDA doesn't mention the 125kW version on their website, give you a clue about reality doesn't it?

FR33K
12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
haha ur a funny guy
dont worry u can lose some pride
no need to be ashamed that u dont know EVERYTHING

tinkerbell
12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
LOL!

FR33K
12-08-2004, 05:33 PM
yes thats right LOL..
maybe i should go thru all the rest of your posts and correct them too

majic777
12-08-2004, 05:41 PM
hey tinker... i know you know a hell of a lot about hondas, more than most ppl in this forum (including me), but why do you have to fight tooth and nail to prove that you know more than everybody else? can't you just stick to the intelligent posts (which a lot of yours are) and stop carrying on with the arguing? seems like you just argue for the sake of arguing sometimes... theres more important things to do instead of gettin stirred up on internet forums...

anyways peace :wink:

*ps* to keep it on topic, xsi's would win solely because they are cooler cars :lol:

skoota
12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm cool. Haha. :lol:

madgrk
12-08-2004, 07:25 PM
the REASON i did not mention the 125kW version is because they are so un-common that 90% of the Xsi's were 118kW versions...

but hey - you said you thought that they all were 125kW, so who is the one who doesn't know what they are talking about?

also notice how HONDA doesn't mention the 125kW version on their website, give you a clue about reality doesn't it?

He has a point. The majority of XSi's on the road (In Australia) are 118kw and are not 125kw as the 92 model was. Remember the DA6/DA9 stopped production in 93, so there wasnt really much of a chance to make lots.

Getting back to topic, an XSi won't exactly kick a VTiR's ass, but it will certainly be up there. Theyre getting on in age though, so this also plays a role with performance..

-theo

Redteg
12-08-2004, 08:01 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~akarayiannis/g2love.JPG

Listen to you two! Embrace in the G2 love.

The G2 would win cause its more masculine than a G3.

Maybe this link can assist the discussion? Has the G2 as having a 10kg lighter kerb weight over the G3:

http://www.gaura.com/icv/integra/specs_e.html

http://b16a.honda-perf.org/prelim.html
has two B16A's, one being 88-91 with 160hp (ps?), the other being from the facelifted 92-93 and having 170hp (ps?).

and this link has a funky table:

http://asian_e.tripod.com/Honda_Engine_Specs.htm

Discuss...

SMEAGLE
15-08-2004, 01:46 PM
ahh to cut things short i shall resolve all your problems and answer all the questions you guys have when it comes to a Xsi Vs a Teg vtir

alrite.... ready?
i have all my money on the Xsi unless your Xsi is a nugget
my mate has one
i reckon they will chop integra's so i guess for every1 who has a teg vtir then bring it on.
Just look for a white one in Sydney and try to race then you will know.
Unless you are scared or being beaten by a 1.6L
well its as simple as that. Xsi's goes hard.

joneblaze
15-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Hehe...haven't seen that white XSi for awhile now... last time was in Homebush I think..day I got my new clutch in. :)
So any new mods to that particular XSi? Or is it stock?

ginganggooly
15-08-2004, 09:49 PM
ahh to cut things short i shall resolve all your problems and answer all the questions you guys have when it comes to a Xsi Vs a Teg vtir

alrite.... ready?
i have all my money on the Xsi unless your Xsi is a nugget
my mate has one
i reckon they will chop integra's so i guess for every1 who has a teg vtir then bring it on.
Just look for a white one in Sydney and try to race then you will know.
Unless you are scared or being beaten by a 1.6L
well its as simple as that. Xsi's goes hard.

xsi... pffft
*i* reckon that a vti-r would shit on an xsi -from a great height- in a standing start run.
two vti-r's up for the challenge here. ;)

stocky
16-08-2004, 12:54 AM
u dont mean a certain white one right?

He already got munched :D *cough* boo get *cough*

SMEAGLE
16-08-2004, 02:08 PM
xsi... pffft
*i* reckon that a vti-r would shit on an xsi -from a great height- in a standing start run.
two vti-r's up for the challenge here. ;)

ohh up for a challenge hey? Well I dont think my mate will waste his time on u guy's. Seriously to be honest, I havent seen your cars but I can sense they are slow as shit already. The Xsi will abosolutely munch and tear integras into pieces.
Ill tell you one thing, when your car does 12sec, then you can private message me and ill call my friend out. Sorry to let you know but we only race Gtr's now. Cause they put up a bit of a fight not like your cars, but of course, the Xsi always comes out to be first. Unless your car is a Type R pulling out 200kw+ at the wheels then we TOTALLY accept your challenge.
But hey me and my mates always up for a fun challenge if you want to see his tail lights..... either that,, are u willing to race for pink slips? because bro, when you offer a challenge; to us it means the big league. None of that "yeh ill buy u a tank of petrol if you win".
So just letting you know once again,, if you want to race then look for a White Xsi and to broaden it down for you, this particular Xsi is from the Liverpool- Canturbury area. Sorry I cant give any specifics but yeh anywayz. See u on the road. *Vroom *Vroom

Ps: The Xsi is dead stock, oh just a muffler tip. A MAGICAL ONE!

Da1nONLY
16-08-2004, 04:14 PM
XSi eh? =)
a white one around bankstown?
hmmz...
ive raced my friends white XSi in my DC2r on the run about 60Km/h and all i can say that it was a real easy beat!...raced him 10 out of 10 times and he lost =P.

XSi aint that great.
but seriously, the G3 VTiR will beat the XSi anyday =P.

Aznboi
16-08-2004, 06:41 PM
well to me i don't think its all dat, because i have already beaten a XSi with my civic Si, if you guys don't believe me, then u can ask Da1nONLY and Teggy VtiR.

plus.. he tank was empty and plus i had an extra person includidng full tank and sub etc.

dip0ygr
16-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Obviously, there was something wrong with the XSi (or driver) that you ran Da1nONLY and Aznboi. If a civic SI could beat it, it was prolly farked.

but honestly, i reckon an XSi would kill a VTI-R anyday of the week. I've seen this particular white one kill more than 1 different VTI-R on many different occasions.

maybe we need a night on the street to settle this hey?

and you can stay home Aznboi, you'd just be a waste of petrol.
Aznboi: "i beat him, i beat him. I SWEAR I DID BRO! ask mohammed and mustafa. wwwaaaa HET oooH LAaa ..!!"
sound familiar?? hhhmmz.....

Aznboi
16-08-2004, 07:25 PM
hahahaha.. nothing is a waste of petrol.. dat nite when i ran the Xsi, people where watching.. so.. too bad.. he got smash.. i mean.. my car isn't all dat.. but its fast enough to beat the XSi.. a win is a win.. plus his car was moded as well

Xsi is shit alright, VtiR will eat that shit.. it has been proven.. so.. don't say n e more.. hahahaha.. next time i'll take a video clip.. and post it up for ya guy to see.

plus, i guess u haven't seen how a Si go

dip0ygr
16-08-2004, 07:28 PM
hahahahaha hmmz..
ummz... yeh..
LOLZ
"I SWEAR BRO, I SWEAR!!"

redliner
16-08-2004, 09:11 PM
LOL alot of stir in this topic
my friend has a white xsi ran Da1nONLY (Type R) lost 10 times, ran Teggy VtiR (Teg Vtir) lost, ran Aznboi (civic Si) lost ran RedLineR (prelude Type S) won,so im a crappy driver i admit it ... lol.. cant complain coz my car is in bad shape.. well we're all friends here.. esp wen i know these guys well, n i saw them all ran coz im always watchin from behind doin catch ups :D
but my friend Xsi is fast... well i fink i know who u guys talkin about the jap spec Xsi... i'll call all you guys to com out for a ran n settle it.... no point argueing about wat u guys didnt see.. its just a pointless arguement and one other thing u cant say Xsi eats all VtiR teg or wat eva... coz their diff drivers and diff mod on the car... this aint no initial D... peace up... this aint no life n death situation... run for fun but not for life.. :eek:

ginganggooly
16-08-2004, 09:51 PM
ohh up for a challenge hey? Well I dont think my mate will waste his time on u guy's. Seriously to be honest, I havent seen your cars but I can sense they are slow as shit already. The Xsi will abosolutely munch and tear integras into pieces.
Ill tell you one thing, when your car does 12sec, then you can private message me and ill call my friend out. Sorry to let you know but we only race Gtr's now. Cause they put up a bit of a fight not like your cars, but of course, the Xsi always comes out to be first. Unless your car is a Type R pulling out 200kw+ at the wheels then we TOTALLY accept your challenge.
But hey me and my mates always up for a fun challenge if you want to see his tail lights..... either that,, are u willing to race for pink slips? because bro, when you offer a challenge; to us it means the big league. None of that "yeh ill buy u a tank of petrol if you win".
So just letting you know once again,, if you want to race then look for a White Xsi and to broaden it down for you, this particular Xsi is from the Liverpool- Canturbury area. Sorry I cant give any specifics but yeh anywayz. See u on the road. *Vroom *Vroom

Ps: The Xsi is dead stock, oh just a muffler tip. A MAGICAL ONE!

bahahaha
the power of dreams.

stocky
16-08-2004, 11:13 PM
fark, ur a dickhead
i beat u si civic driver, type r had me, but fark i had no 3rd
however, ask ur buddy in the vtir g3 how we went