PDA

View Full Version : Head unit..

nick_sixx
30-10-2007, 02:36 PM
hey guys is it just me or is the standard head unit in an eg civic a lot bigger than an aftermarket one? im wondering which ones will fit? any feedback would be great. cheers

jay_vtec
30-10-2007, 05:00 PM
any would fit...to be honest i havnt seen a stock eg head unit bcuz mine never came with one wen it was imported.....however any will fit the face will only be a little bit bigger but the back of the headunit should remail the same...i have a brand new panasonic head unit in mine..one that changes colours n shit really nice can buy them for about 250 bucks now from jb hifi...but any will fit im 99.9% sure lol

NightKids
30-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Not true any will fit, you will need a single din aftermarket unit, if you want a double din you have to get a seperate EG Civic console

Red_EG4
30-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I just fitted my Alpine head unit in. It isn't too much smaller than the stock unit but it does sit a bit deeper into the dash. I reckon it looks pretty nice though, can take some pics if u want.

Limo
30-10-2007, 10:49 PM
yeh if its a single din headunit, they all should fit, since they're suppose to be universal etc cos of the DIN size. the aftermarket ones usually are slightly smaller, but should come with brackets so you can take them out/in easier and will have a spacer around the unit which will hide any lil gaps.

nick_sixx
31-10-2007, 03:53 PM
yeah cause the standard one in my civic is like 50% "taller" than the ones you buy from like carsound etc. ill look into it more

jay_vtec
31-10-2007, 04:05 PM
wen i meant any would fit i meant only single din CLEARLY lol

and yes they do sit a little bit deeper in but its looks nicer like that...if i can make a recommendation fi your not to sure..take it to a audio installer

aimre
31-10-2007, 06:00 PM
And single dint will fit.

It will look like this

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/false_faceplate/alpine.jpg