PDA

View Full Version : quality issues

dc
10-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Does anyone have any creaking noises coming from the front when going over bumps etc? Its like its coming from either the dash or windscreen. Its not even a wk old ffs!

And has anyone noticed a whistling/whining sound proportionate to speed at 80kph+/-10?

Any other quality issues i should be ready for? :p

Kit
10-08-2004, 09:47 PM
hmm dont tell me that! we are getting our jazz next week!

if the car is creaking over speed humps, it could be the sway bar bushes just needing some oil.

no idea about the whisting noise tho, could be the antenna?

dc
10-08-2004, 10:00 PM
ok mate.....ill tell u the rest of my jazz pet hates later.

its not so much a creak....more like the tapping sound of the dash or wonky windscreen. Ive read somethin abt this b4 but cant re where!...it was an issue for the honda city apparently (the sedan ver of jazz).

Kit
10-08-2004, 10:53 PM
well you better tell me what other problems you are having now, so I can make sure mine doesnt have em when i pick it up

TypeG
10-08-2004, 11:38 PM
lol
new car usually wont have any noise since the car is not yet warming up
but so far i dun have any noise....

muli
11-08-2004, 06:00 AM
i get a rattling noise around 3000rpm or always at around 100 or 110kph. Mine windows does make some cracky noises occasionally.

Jus-10
11-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I don't get the whistling, but I do have a creaking that has developed on the passenger side when going over speed humps. That started at about 2,000km.

From my understanding it is relatively common for Hondas to have some creaking like that.....well it's not uncommon anyway.

Sp00n
14-08-2004, 10:19 AM
my car's done 10000Ks now..
but i dont have any issues like that...
or else i'm turning the stereo on too loud and i'm not noticing them...

FIT
14-08-2004, 09:52 PM
i am now over 40,023kms and havent notice any sound besides going to a stuffed up roads and most of the sound is made by strong wind

petrovski
15-08-2004, 01:53 PM
my car is old now compared to you guys lol 48000km! :roll:

the only issues i have with my car are all small niggly ones! nothing major except one thing but that came from a crash so nothing i could do.

basically its small ratlles here and there but i think ive caused a few from pulling panels out and putting them back in.

sometimes every now and again if im sitting at lights i get a rough idle but nothing major that lasts for more than a second.

nothing is majorly worn or run out. i cant really think of any big problems only all little small things that are negligible.

except now i think about it when my car was two months old the distributor (not sure something like it- the part that tells which spark plug to fire) died and was running on 2 cylinders. Honda said i was given a faulty one and nothing warranty couldnt fix up :)

Pete :)

Andys
21-08-2004, 03:40 PM
To get rid of the creaking noise, I wedged a small piece of folded up paper between the windscreen and the dashboard, at the very bottom left of the front windscreen.

Hope that helps,

- Andrew

slowcrx
22-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Andys' solution works but it's ugly. I had to do something similar to my EK...

What you could do is go to a body repair supply shop and buy some of those sticky tape sorta thing with a foam backing?

08ESE
29-05-2005, 09:33 AM
the only issues ive had, were

1. piss poor quality carpet....... Honda replaced under warranty

2. a whining / humming sound at around 70 to 80 kmh, but i have heard that most jazz's do it, its just driveline noise u hear coz the cars are so quiet aparently.

ive flogged mine, and crashed it once...... still no creaks groans or rattles

:)

*edit.... see later in post for more issues

terris08
29-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Did Honda replaced your floor mat set? That's great!! But what happened to it, you've got a hole on it or something?
I want mine replaced as well...... the design is shit. They should make the area directly under the pedals more durable, since it's been worn out pretty badly now.

Judge
29-05-2005, 10:56 AM
i have had mine for 2 weeks and have that rattle/tapping noise from the front left hand of the dash. i might go get some adhesive foam tape and start wedging it between the plastics

gd1_nz
29-05-2005, 12:00 PM
i hav some rattling noises comin from the right part of the dash just above the right air conditioning vent??...anyone got this issue apart from me?

terris08
29-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I also have rattling coming from somewhere under the glove box whenever I accelerate/put on brakes....
I ask Honda to have a look for me when I had my service and they said they have tightened the trims around. It got rid of the rattling for about a week until it came back again.

08ESE
29-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Did Honda replaced your floor mat set? That's great!! But what happened to it, you've got a hole on it or something?
I want mine replaced as well...... the design is shit. They should make the area directly under the pedals more durable, since it's been worn out pretty badly now.

Honda replaced my actual carpet, that the floor mats ( the nipples on the back ) ruined.

still have the same mats, will cut the nipples off.

muli
30-05-2005, 11:13 AM
2. a whining / humming sound at around 70 to 80 kmh, but i have heard that most jazz's do it, its just driveline noise u hear coz the cars are so quiet aparently.

:)

could just be the intake i noticed mine got louder after i tried the pod in my car at those speeds, anywhere from 2700rpm to 4000rpm you hear whistle noise all the time

keric_02
30-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Does anyone have any creaking noises coming from the front when going over bumps etc? Its like its coming from either the dash or windscreen. Its not even a wk old ffs!

And has anyone noticed a whistling/whining sound proportionate to speed at 80kph+/-10?

has the jazz been lowered? for some reason after lowering results in more creeks.

ACE888
30-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Honda replaced my actual carpet, that the floor mats ( the nipples on the back ) ruined.

still have the same mats, will cut the nipples off.

That's Excellent Stuff.... which Honda dealer did you go to? I would like to get my carpets done as the Honda matts is causing rapid damage to the floor carpets!

MRFIT
31-05-2005, 11:19 PM
i get a rattling noise around 3000rpm or always at around 100 or 110kph. Mine windows does make some cracky noises occasionally.

I think the rattling noise is from where the gear stick is..... if u put ur hand on it when you are crusing at 100km/h, it will stop...... I remember quite a few jazz owners here have this problem...... has anyone brought this up when they service their cars??

I am due for service next month, I will definitly bring this up...... cos the noise (viberation) is damn annoying.....

Dreams
31-05-2005, 11:31 PM
i dont have any rattles, even if i take it off road.. jk :D

EuroDude
13-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Issues my 4,500km loan car jazz gli has~

*Drivers window rattles frequently especially when its a bit open
*Seats are bulgy with no shoulder support
*CVT tranny knocks when you slow down to a stop. The whole car jumps a bit.
*The pedals are too close to you, and the steering wheel is too far away, resulting in an awkward driving position.
*The accelerater is too sensitive, causing your foot to get fatigued because you have to hold your foot up constantly.
*Stock tyres are "drifty" around corners. needs bigger rims with stiffer tyre walls.
*Rear visibility is a concern.
*Drivers mirror is zoomed, found it very distracting when merging right.

fundies
14-12-2006, 07:09 AM

Mine is a 2006 vti cvt and does exactly those two things as well! Has done 13,000kms now. Is still overall a very good small car barring these two niggles, but I cant get near claimed 6.1 fuel economy.

anjingbalap
14-12-2006, 07:41 AM
lol.. that wat u get when u bought a jazz after july 2005.... :) coz of thai made...

the 1st -2nd version of honda jazz (2003-2004) is a perfect car...better quality.. even the engine is superb.. (honda claim it 81kw but acctually 89kw on stock parts)

Jazzle
14-12-2006, 09:58 AM
yeah the 2nd version (2005) was a perfect to me,, quieter than 1st version, and bloody good fuel economy...maybe cause of the change of the airbox..

but i thought the engine is exactly the same in the thai made one?? i think fuel economy should be as good.

J4ZZITUP
17-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeh I also have a 2005 model (2nd batch - July) and everything is fine! I havent had any problems with it so far..went on a HWY drive of up to 130km =/ and the engine handled the speed quite well actually..no rattling noise or anything.

I really liked the 06 Jazz cuz of the LED lights and the side mirror indicator lights, but didnt end up getting it cuz I knew the quality would have been sacrificed since it was made in Thailand!

08ESE
19-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, mines got 50 thou on it now, and im not impressed. Gearbox is noisy and whines, central locking stuffed up, cant get a key in the drivers door as the locking mechanism is RS, and the aircond compresser shit itself. ( $2300 for a new one!! ) and this is a JAP made jazz. oh and had the carpet replaced once due to the design fault in the floor near the pedals wearing a hole in it ( along with dodgy factory mats ).

Next car will be a hyundai, at least when it dies, it cost me lots less in the first place.

08ESE
25-11-2009, 07:28 AM
update

mines now got 115000 on her

nothings gone wrong since the last post above ( touch wood! )

i have changed the disc pads on the front which lasted 110+ thousand kays!! new rear shockies ( old ones werent THAT bad ) and new rear wheel bearings, which cost a $#@^ing mint!

still returning 5.5L to 6.5L economy and ultra relliable

gearbox is getting noisy AGAIN. wont rebuild it again, will just put another one in.

08ESE
25-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeh I also have a 2005 model (2nd batch - July) and everything is fine! I havent had any problems with it so far..went on a HWY drive of up to 130km =/ and the engine handled the speed quite well actually..no rattling noise or anything.

I really liked the 06 Jazz cuz of the LED lights and the side mirror indicator lights, but didnt end up getting it cuz I knew the quality would have been sacrificed since it was made in Thailand!

a mates got a thai jazz and has had NO issues in 100000 kms, unlike my jap jazz.

Type-R
25-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine is an Oct 03 Jap made VTI-S and had the following issues happen over the last 6 years.

-CVT Gearbox replaced under warranty (74k)
-Both wheel Barings replaced under warranty(40k)
-Carpet replaced under warranty (35k)
-Exhaust gas valve (EGV) replaced under warranty (74k)
-Driver & passenger’s bailey channel rubbers replaced (to stop high speed wind whistling noises)

Other annoying faults:
-Creaking noise on accelerating and breaking from passenger side (i believe others have had this issue)
-When turning into a tight car park, doing full lock will cause the revs to drop a bit sometimes (don’t know why this happens)
-AC expansion valve goes whooopp when compressor cuts in occasionally.
-On a hot start the car requires a few more cranks to start (only one turn of the key) compared with a cold start which is much quicker.

The company i work at has an 06 Thai made Gli CVT and hasn’t had ANY of the issues my Jap made one has had. Mine has also had every service done @ Honda since it was new and has now done 82,000 kms.

62rocket
26-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Mines a Jap Made 2004 VTIS, I have had the rear wheel bearings being replaced under warranty at 40,000 kms and both clutch and break pedal rubbers replaced under good will warranty at 4 years of age (both had worth out to the metal on the right side). The air conditioner compressor makes a louder than normal noise when it cuts in though. The car has 147,000 kms on it and still drives like new. I got 5.54 litres to the 100 km recently. I am still really happy with my Jazz.

4thGenExi
26-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Good list - will make sure I get my bearings checked next service (40k)

~Sp33~
04-12-2009, 01:27 AM
-When turning into a tight car park, doing full lock will cause the revs to drop a bit sometimes (don’t know why this happens)

The extra load that the power steering puts on the engine causes the engine to bog slightly. This has happened in every car i've ever driven.

TimsGE8
23-12-2009, 06:56 PM

My 09 has a noise from the drivers side window frame not sealing on the weather seal. the whole frame needs to be slightly bent as hinge adjustment would not fix the issue

Kenshin3180
26-12-2009, 10:59 AM
-AC expansion valve goes whooopp when compressor cuts in occasionally.

My Jazz does the same thing, until yesterday when the compressor died completely.

TimsGE8
26-12-2009, 11:27 AM
i asume you have the old generation?
i like my new one way more, better interior, more room, new engine, nicer body style etc,

but thats just my bias as i have a ge8!