PDA

View Full Version : GREDDY TURBO KIT 92-95 CIVIC 11550021A Emission Legal??

Lukezen27
30-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey Guys

Dose this mean my cars would pass emission testing to make it legal or not?

I can't quite understand if it's yes or no lol

The guy engineering my kit said he would pass the emission test if I had proof the GReddy kits can pass them in the US…
Took me a while to find these links but here they are :thumbsup:

Link
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/aftermktdevice.php

PDF of my model kit 11550021A
http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/eo/D-397-6.pdf

Thanks Guys

LukeZen

destrukshn
30-10-2007, 07:39 PM
i was talking to my engineerer, he said, a car would have to go to the rta/epa and get a emissions test if it did not come out factory turbocharged, he said it's all in the tune of the vechile.
also, wouldn't the US and NSW emissions testing be different?

Lukezen27
30-10-2007, 07:42 PM
i was talking to my engineerer, he said, a car would have to go to the rta/epa and get a emissions test if it did not come out factory turbocharged, he said it's all in the tune of the vechile.

Not in Cali

They have some of the toughest emissions laws in the US and are better then Australia..

From what I've read anyway.

aimre
31-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Not in Cali

They have some of the toughest emissions laws in the US and are better then Australia..

From what I've read anyway.

your right, prove to the engineer it passes in cali, youve proved its passed here. Make sure u leave that sticker covering those dials i showedyou. If u ever need to change em, you kjnow how

Lukezen27
31-10-2007, 10:55 AM
your right, prove to the engineer it passes in cali, youve proved its passed here. Make sure u leave that sticker covering those dials i showedyou. If u ever need to change em, you kjnow how

Sure thing aimre :thumbsup:

One problem solved thus far :p

grumpy rooster
31-10-2007, 12:35 PM

I think you'll find this is correct. The engineer may pass it, but what will the guy issuing the Blue Slip say? The tune is the key factor. Your car cannot produce the same emissions as in the US as it will be using different fuel for a start and will more than likely have different ECU programming. And if you've got an aftermarket computer or Hondata everything goes out the window and you will DEFINITELY have to get an EPA test done.

Lukezen27
31-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I think you'll find this is correct. The engineer may pass it, but what will the guy issuing the Blue Slip say? The tune is the key factor. Your car cannot produce the same emissions as in the US as it will be using different fuel for a start and will more than likely have different ECU programming. And if you've got an aftermarket computer or Hondata everything goes out the window and you will DEFINITELY have to get an EPA test done.

stock GReddy kit with e-Mang as in the on the PDF

grumpy rooster
31-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I doubt that will have much creed in Australia. I would give it a go and see what happens but I wouldn't be betting my house on it.

Good luck :)

Lukezen27
31-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I doubt that will have much creed in Australia. I would give it a go and see what happens but I wouldn't be betting my house on it.

Good luck :)

Yeah it does

As stated in the above relpy..

Cali EPA laws are better than ours hace the reason the guy will pass it if I can get proof

grumpy rooster
31-10-2007, 01:53 PM
If you know it will pass what is the purpose of this thread? I'm confused.....:confused:

Lukezen27
31-10-2007, 02:37 PM
If you know it will pass what is the purpose of this thread? I'm confused.....:confused:

the the purpose was to ask if the above PDF means it passed or not?

I don't understand clearnly what its saying

Limbo
31-10-2007, 02:56 PM
i bet you they will still make you take an emissions test. The EPA are a pain, also if you get pulled over the cops will just send you down.

Spoke with a guy with an s15 who got a letter from police to get EPA tested cos his exhaust appeared to be loud. They don't even have to pull you over now!

Lukezen27
31-10-2007, 03:25 PM
i bet you they will still make you take an emissions test. The EPA are a pain, also if you get pulled over the cops will just send you down.

Spoke with a guy with an s15 who got a letter from police to get EPA tested cos his exhaust appeared to be loud. They don't even have to pull you over now!

Man that sucks

Anyone got the Botany Bay EPA testing address and phone?

aimre
31-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Weq passed on stock greddy at the EPA. Got tested for free