PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? - help please

sssyco
31-10-2007, 09:28 AM
hey looking at buying a 1999 VTi-L accord. The guy said the car has been in a rear ender crash (smashed the front of the accord). I noticed the 2 "ridges" on the bonnet dont quite line up perfectly with the bumper, as in the ridges coming off the bonnet seem to overhang the bumper a little bit. Is this normal? He said the bumper has been replaced so i thought maybe its the wrong model bumper. any ideas?

Thanks

sugz
31-10-2007, 10:19 AM
it has been in a front end accident so yeah, its pretty normal
how bad is it?
pics

sssyco
31-10-2007, 10:23 AM
It has been repaired, it looks fine, just the 2 ridges that run down the bonnet and come out to 2 points at the front of the bonnet dont quite line up with the shape of the front bumper, they overhang a bit, and I havnt looked at any other accords so I wasnt sure if it was designed like that or not?

Xplodin
01-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm always iffy about cars that have been repaired or what not. I'd prolly get it checked out by a panel beater just to be on the safe side. :D

sssyco
01-11-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah thanks guys, i have recently checked out another accord and noticed the previous one has not been repaired back to the original state. I have decided to wait to find something else. Thanks for the input

Xplodin
01-11-2007, 12:23 PM
No problems :D

SiReal
04-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Decide on what transmission u want. Auto or Manual. If Auto, ensure all servicing (or at least most) has been done using genuine Honda Automatic Transmission Fluid. Our Accord auto boxes, i4 and V6 are known for being problematic, with V6s being the main offenders.

Take your time, our cars are plentiful, many with low Ks as well.