PDA

View Full Version : non type Rs with type R stickers..

freestylerfalcon
01-11-2007, 01:17 AM
i reckon thats preeeeeeettty damn lame but ive seen it a fair few times..

wat do u guys reckon?
issit ok or gay?

Kiz_EG6
01-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Gay, totally gay, no exceptions... from a genuine R driver...

xtercii
01-11-2007, 07:36 AM
I think it's ok, it makes the car look better why not?

Kiz_EG6
01-11-2007, 07:37 AM
I think it's ok, it makes the car look better why not?

Coz it's NOT a type R, don't pretend, just leave it how it is... I've seen preludes and accords with these badges, it looks stoopid to anyone who knows their stuff!

rikstar
01-11-2007, 07:46 AM
hehe. I’m guilty of having the famous red honda badges on my car, but no stickers saying it’s a Type R. I did it for the colour contrast, red badge on black car looks hot!

[RSX 03]
01-11-2007, 07:49 AM
i reckon it's gangda, gives the car a few extra HP

tseesinngwailo
01-11-2007, 07:50 AM
No different to Honda releasing the "Type S"........ and yes, i have an "Integra Type R" badge on my DA, which i feel is deserved by B16A conversion, adjustable suspension, Type R brakes, booster, master cylineder and Recaro's, OF COURSE IT'S NOT A TYPE R, but I like it, if people are offended or feel it makes their own car less valuable, thats just insecure, when I do get some money up I will buy a genuine Type R, but for now, if someone doesn't like my badge, it's their problem.

I shall now put on my anti-flaming glasses :)

MSHONDA
01-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I just put the Red badges on my DC5. Looks soooooooo much better! but I have to say the "Type R badge" is a no no!!!!!!!!

G-Stick
01-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Coz it's NOT a type R, don't pretend, just leave it how it is... I've seen preludes and accords with these badges, it looks stoopid to anyone who knows their stuff!

but isnt ur car a eg5? why do u call it a eg6?

xtercii
01-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Just go for it, it's a cheap way of boost car's image.

bennjamin
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
if i had a type R of anything id try to REDUCE its image as much as possible....
1. I dont want to associate to FAKE Type R's lol
2. I dont want toe attention from thieves
3.I want to be like any other car but stock n pokey :)

dsp26
01-11-2007, 09:02 AM
^^^agreed.. espesh with the pwoer to weight ratio thing in Melb.. I would have thought you'd take them off and put GSi stickers instead :p

Someone should just start a ricer revolution and get SpecR and GTR badges for hondas.. lOl!!

but it is funny seeing mismatched brand stickers.. their worse... i've seen Mugen on Nissans.. TRD on a Mitsu and a Mazda....

DUST
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Getting a "Type R" sticker on your non type R is try hard and ricey.

Putting on a red H or A badge is ok, makes the car look better. Just like how some peeps put on a blue/yellow or black H badge, its all just for looks, not a try hard version of a type R.

m0nk3y
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
no way would i put typeR stickers on my dc5lux

red badging....maybe, but i look the stock look of the black badges. nice and simple which is what i like

blahZ
01-11-2007, 10:54 AM
i reckon its fully sick BRO!!

Yasakani
01-11-2007, 11:11 AM
No different to Honda releasing the "Type S"........

What you mean by that? Quite different to me. :confused:

I've seen a 7thGen GLi have Type R stickers, along with a shopping list as well.
And also a late 80's Camry with Type R on its mudflaps and a fart canon.
Both looked pretty lame.

iijjee
01-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Not a true fan of this either, even tho my EG is faster than an EK Type R! That's not the point tho, I know! Plenty of people do it. I saw a dodgy GT badge on an ED Falcon yesterday. How many GTST Skylines have you seen with a GTR badge???

Now for the truth. My EG has a Type R badge one the back (from an EK9!). I didn't put it there... and if I remove it I'm going to leave a blank hole in my lower tailgate. It doesn't look bad, it's small and it really doesn't bother me enough to spend the time figuring how to replace it with something 'official' and 'real'.

My 2cents...

BlitZ
01-11-2007, 11:19 AM
fark that..

get a GTiR sticker... one grade about vtir

turbo convert
01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
No and No!!!!!!:thumbdwn:

Kiz_EG6
01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
but isnt ur car a eg5? why do u call it a eg6?

Yoy got me, but if i said EG5, then ppl would assume it was less than it is, it is no longer an EG5, as it has all the gems from an EG6 converted over, if someone puts in the hard effort of converting a DC2 to an R, including, engine, seats, kit, carbon fibre trim etc, then they can badge it as what they want!
On another note, i would not dream of putting SiR badges on it, because A/M ones always look cheap and crappy anyway!!

Truth is, no one is fooled when some ricer puts type R stickers on an EG Breeze or a prelude and you can pick a GSI DC2 a mile off 9 times out of 10, regardless of the badging!!

94dc2tegz
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I've seen a boxy old bomb of a peugeot or something with a typeR sticker. It was *pause.... pause.... mega LOL!*

Anyways, I've got a VTiR void of any badging or wing (no holes either) which i think is good cuz ppl will with think lesser of me until I suprisingly zoom away =)
Although I must admit I do need the "H" badges cuz atm it looks kinda whack. Some might say "hey everyone knows it's a honda" but hey it's like a person without a nose. Everyone still knows its human right?

Anyways, thats my random rant.

PS Daytime tv sucks mega balls.

dsp26
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
What you mean by that? Quite different to me. :confused:

I've seen a 7thGen GLi have Type R stickers, along with a shopping list as well.
And also a late 80's Camry with Type R on its mudflaps and a fart canon.
Both looked pretty lame.

yes lol. that is in the pics that made you lol thread. quite sad.. and embarassing

DUST
01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
People always ask me what kinda of car mine is because i have the red Acura badge. :D

xntrik
01-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Just laugh it off.

kraiye
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
go buy an itr and smack sum CXi badges on it
adds kw y0!

NSPYRE
01-11-2007, 02:35 PM
did it ever cross any of ur minds that maybe the mis-matched badging or excessive badging/decals was just for kicks? a sort of personal joke perhaps?

aaronng
01-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I would put a GSi badge on my Type R if I had one...

Kiz_EG6
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, i was thinking of putting some breeze stickers on my EG5 (with B16A and SiR interior, since i'm not aloud to call it an EG6 anymore!!) just for kicks, so ppl think it's a 1.3L carby and you wreck them when you take off!!

coakman
01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Personally, I think it's insulting to real Type R owners.

A law should be passed to have the badges removed (by force if necessary) and have them replaced with Ferrari badges... :p

JDM.Power
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
non gtr owners with GTR badges get on my nerves also.

thats why you get people saying i beat a gtr in my integra type r

Kiki
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I beat that gtr in my ITR:p

I agree with ^^ as it allows so many BullSh*t stories, allowing big heads

mrwillz
01-11-2007, 04:12 PM
alex u haf a type r sticker
i fort it was vtir ...

sretocz
01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Doesn't get on my nerves, I just don't think it should be done no matter how many mods or whatever you do to it and even if it beats type R cars it still it still does not make it a type r.

dsp26
01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
did it ever cross any of ur minds that maybe the mis-matched badging or excessive badging/decals was just for kicks? a sort of personal joke perhaps?

thats probably an even more twisted mentality... i mean why would you for "kicks"? Like its fair to say a car is like your pride and joy.... n besides no-one would ever think you'd do that for kicks... they'll still think of you as a loser coz your trying to be 'fully sick'

Those 'funny' images where people rice up their cars with cardboard cutout bodykits is for kicks coz its obviously ridiculous coz of the extremity... decals is just... meh... even fart sounding cannons don't fall in the same boat (debatable lol)

oh oh and M3 badges on 318s AND hsv badges and bodykit and clear tail lights on old VNs... and they call stock jap cars rice haha

NightKids
01-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Speaking of VTi-R's trying to be Type R's, nothing tops this guy with his custom plates....

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/470/vtirmm1.jpg

markCivicVti
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Speaking of VTi-R's trying to be Type R's, nothing tops this guy with his custom plates....

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/470/vtirmm1.jpg

Can you imagine the worth of those plates? He probably had a dc2r before but decided to keep his plates. What DC2R fanboy wouldn't want those plates eh?

Nikki
01-11-2007, 07:21 PM
uber gay

NightKids
01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
He had a DC2R and upgraded to VTi-R? Just doesn't make sense!

Killa From Manila
01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
i saw a lancer the other day with an evo badge on 1 side, and type r on the other

blahZ
01-11-2007, 08:34 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/470/vtirmm1.jpg[/QUOTE]

NightKids
01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I agree let's bring it back!

Kiki
01-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Hahaha Mr Willz

alex u haf a type r sticker
i fort it was vtir ...

freestylerfalcon
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
hehe naaah.. so no to fake type Rs..!

mku01
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
wat about type r's without type r sticker??

DUST
02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
wat about type r's without type r sticker??

Say no to try hard Type Rs that wanna be VTIR or GSI!

xntrik
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Im gonna stick a GSI sticker on my car.

94dc2tegz
02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
GSiR model

blahZ
02-11-2007, 01:24 PM

cos youre a hard kient

DUST
02-11-2007, 01:28 PM

Take of that wakabe on your avatar you ricer!

clem
02-11-2007, 01:32 PM
hahaha~ anyone remember watching the 2F2F prelude where they show'ed how he got his 'GTR'?

The guy buys a normal R34 and wins drag races etc and does his car up and then chucks a GTR badge on the front :)

Shraka
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh man, I hate fakers. I feel so cheated when I see them. I see a Type R, GT-R or Lancer Evolution and go "hey cool." then I get closer or take another look and I'm like "waaait a minute! That's just a GSI / GTS-T / Lancer GL!" And then I'm all "grr."

I don't see the point in putting "Type R" stickers on your moded VTi-R / GSI either. It's still not a Type R. The red H badge means something too. It's just wank if you aren't driving a type R. It's like wearing a gold shirt in the Tour De France, even though you haven't won the right to do so. Perhaps If you've modded your DC2 GSI or Civic GL up to Type R spec or higher (and I'm talking about the whole package, seats, suspension, brakes, rims, tyres as well as engine) then putting the Red badge on is fair enough, but the Type R stickers aren't, because it's still not a Type R.

As for cars wearing other companies stickers, there's a Toyota Corolla (AE101 model) that parks near work that has a whole shopping list, bling rim HUBCAPS, stock ride height and a wank exhaust, with a big "Rallyart" sticker on the front windscreen. Heh heh.

hahaha~ anyone remember watching the 2F2F prelude where they show'ed how he got his 'GTR'?

The guy buys a normal R34 and wins drag races etc and does his car up and then chucks a GTR badge on the front :)

I'm pretty sure it was always a GT-R. If I remember correctly (and it has been a while) it had the flared rear guards of a GT-R.

xntrik
02-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Take of that wakabe on your avatar you ricer!

lololol

its extra horsepower!

AzKik-R
02-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I would put a GSi badge on my Type R if I had one...

somebody post aaronng a gsi badge?

DUST
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
You mean sticker!

AzKik-R
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
wouldn't it be like people buying those spoon engine covers? the yellow ones? ya?
where would you draw the line?
I'm sure if you own a type r and you see another car drive past that isn't even vtec but its got r stickers on it, and someone smokes that car, they walk round saying the beat a type r .... etc etc.
but at the end of the day if its your car sticker it up, put on a body kit, put on the mugen stickers, or the spoon stickers
hmmm, howmany people have mugen stickers with no mugen parts.. who knows if you have mugen parts? who cares?

Fo55il
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
i dun think this discussion will end lol

personally i dun agree that if you have parts from a different car you can put those stickers on.

but whatever makes u happy.

AzKik-R
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
lol, i'm just board at work.....

FN2TypeR
03-11-2007, 06:02 PM
It's even worse when they leave the stock badge on and place a Type R sticker next to it.

CXI TYPE R
GLI TYPE R
VTI-R TYPE R (be warned, two R's means its twice as fast)

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
would putting the euro-R badge on a standard euro be wanky?

considering we never got the euro-R here... i see no problem with it, it makes it sexy!

its just like buying a stock commodore and putting a GTS bodykit on it... yeah its not a GTS... but maybe you like the look of the GTS and didnt need the power (or have to momey) to get one?!

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
wouldn't it be like people buying those spoon engine covers? the yellow ones? ya?
where would you draw the line?
I'm sure if you own a type r and you see another car drive past that isn't even vtec but its got r stickers on it, and someone smokes that car, they walk round saying the beat a type r .... etc etc.
but at the end of the day if its your car sticker it up, put on a body kit, put on the mugen stickers, or the spoon stickers
hmmm, howmany people have mugen stickers with no mugen parts.. who knows if you have mugen parts? who cares?

you don't need to have mugen parts to have mugen stickers... the sticker shows you have pride in what you drive... its not saying "my car is a mugen bred race car" its saying "i like mugen"

94dc2tegz
03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
screw R's for power
adding "speed holes" is the way! it'll b like OMFG Strap yO sell in and FEEEEL the G'S!

All u need is a pickaxe and a open mind and the world is ur oyster!

AzKik-R
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
you don't need to have mugen parts to have mugen stickers... the sticker shows you have pride in what you drive... its not saying "my car is a mugen bred race car" its saying "i like mugen"

doesn't that make it interesting, so i drive a crx - non vtec. annnnnd i stick on some rally art stickers, because i like mitsi? or i stick on type r stickers because i like type r?

I think i'm open to the idea of stickering up your car, if it makes your car look better, or if you like your car to be unique, or you like it to stand out, and to personalise it, make it your own, then go for it. you paid for it(or are still paying for it, why not put on stickers or de-badge or re-badge)

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I beat that gtr in my ITR:p

I agree with ^^ as it allows so many BullSh*t stories, allowing big heads

if your not racing on the streets - and racing on drag strips, then you'd know whether it was a real GTR or just a gts

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 06:28 PM
doesn't that make it interesting, so i drive a crx - non vtec. annnnnd i stick on some rally art stickers, because i like mitsi? or i stick on type r stickers because i like type r?

I think i'm open to the idea of stickering up your car, if it makes your car look better, or if you like your car to be unique, or you like it to stand out, and to personalise it, make it your own, then go for it. you paid for it(or are still paying for it, why not put on stickers or de-badge or re-badge)

i dont agree with crossing brands... i mean if someone loves mitsubishi, why would they be driving a honda? lol i used to have a pulsar, had a nismo sticker on it, i now have a honda, have a mugen sticker on it (yes i have genuine mugen parts under the hood)... i agree with you that if someone wants to make their car look better, then sticker away, but you gotta make sense of it... putting a big sticker that says "turbo inside" on a n/a car would be stupid

AzKik-R
03-11-2007, 06:52 PM
absolutely crossing brands is not the most intelligent move, nor is putting on gt badges on a n/a......... but it happens
someone should collect pics of nissans with vtec badges or something

Couper_Trooper
03-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Personally, I think it's insulting to real Type R owners.

A law should be passed to have the badges removed (by force if necessary) and have them replaced with Ferrari badges... :p

rofl.... hahaha:D

Kiki
03-11-2007, 07:23 PM
if your not racing on the streets - and racing on drag strips, then you'd know whether it was a real GTR or just a gts

was joking

sodaz
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Mismatch stickers are the best. I've seen a VTEC badge on a Merc and a TRD sticker on a Civic. I reckon if you want to rice your car at least pick the right stickers/badges to put on.

nvmee
03-11-2007, 07:50 PM
HAhahahha this thread is funny, near my place there is a celica that has spoon stickers lol . one of a kind.

Barge Ass
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I've seen some funny ones, like a camry with a huge wing and type r stickers with a mandatory fart cannon. It was REAL beat up too. Taiwan had soo many wannabe EVO lancers.

JaCe
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
In response to original Q; I think Type R is a no-no... but red honda badge is ok.

but it is funny seeing mismatched brand stickers.. their worse... i've seen Mugen on Nissans.. TRD on a Mitsu and a Mazda....

I didn't realise there were others out there.... the best I've seen is a Honda WRX.

nvmee
03-11-2007, 08:32 PM
if i was rich, for a wank factor id have a riced up car with something monsterous under the hood. hahhaha.

FN2TypeR
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I've seen some funny ones, like a camry with a huge wing and type r stickers with a mandatory fart cannon. It was REAL beat up too. Taiwan had soo many wannabe EVO lancers.

Sydney has got to be the worst for evo wannabes. I can't stand lancers with clear tail lights, exhaust and big ralliart windscreen sticker.

JaCe
03-11-2007, 08:37 PM

agreed with that too. should be tasteful but it's upto the owner to decide.

Couper_Trooper
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
agreed with that too. should be tasteful but it's upto the owner to decide.

tru.. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

if u like stickering up ur car & it n makes u happy.. go for it..
do wat u like...

but just keep in mind... u might think ur cool..
but hundreds out there will think ur a riced up tool.. lol

AzKik-R
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
but just keep in mind... u might think ur cool..
but hundreds out there will think ur a riced up tool.. lol

wa wa wooo wa
you better put a patience on that, someone's gonna turn that into a bumper sticker!!!!!
and then it'll go on little ricer cars, and then there'll be a forum about how this sticker was on a ricer....... and thus the vicious circle continues

AzKik-R
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Sydney has got to be the worst for evo wannabes. I can't stand lancers with clear tail lights, exhaust and big ralliart windscreen sticker.

for all those that wanna race against evo wanna be's
did you know, if it doesn't have a rear window wiper, then its not a turbo!!!
i seen one car with an evo 5 wing, but it didn't have the flared arches, soooo, i knew it wasn't an evo, however next time you pull up behind a lancer with an evo body kit, if its not got a rear wiper, then smoke it!!!

kyobibi
03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
next time you pull up behind a lancer with an evo body kit, if its not got a rear wiper, then smoke it!!!

tsk tsk!

Yasakani
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
for all those that wanna race against evo wanna be's
did you know, if it doesn't have a rear window wiper, then its not a turbo!!!
i seen one car with an evo 5 wing, but it didn't have the flared arches, soooo, i knew it wasn't an evo, however next time you pull up behind a lancer with an evo body kit, if its not got a rear wiper, then smoke it!!!

How about the Lancer GSR's? Do they all have wipers?

DreadAngel
04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Just put FPV on your Honda...

STi on your Lance VRX lol

steve88
04-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i think he means, when you pull up next to a evo on a 1/4 mile race track then smoke it ;)

diffuzn
05-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I guess you can look at it a few ways,

IMO type r badges on non type r's are pretty lame, as a badge doesn't mean ur a fan of something moreso a statement of what your car is!

However if you have stickers because you are a fan, i suppose thats ok. stickers give you extra hp baby! personally however i don't put perfomance stickers on my dc2 simply because i'm not much of a HEY LOOK AT MY RICED CAR!

then again just because i have a deceptacon sticker on my mirror doesn't mean my car will transform and blow your gtr up if you try race me

xntrik
05-11-2007, 12:44 AM
DECEPTACON MAXIMIZE.

i think performance stickers without the parts = fail.
but standard badges, hey whatever.

feel good all you want.
but it could just make you look like a fag to others.

Nepolian
05-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Hi guys! I have seen this Ford Laser getting around a few times out west and it has a huge "RALLIART" sticker on the back of it. Even the wife points it out and she knows very little about cars.

In Japan stickers on stock cars is very common. Went to school with a few Japanese guys and been overa couple of times. Its so funny, completely stock cars with stickers all over it. No shit quote from my Jap mate....it called "sticker tune".

Shraka
05-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I think this whole stickers on the car to show what you're a fan of is a load of rubbish. It's to showcase what's inside.

I think it's perfectly okay to kit your car in a certain way. Chuck a Type R kit on a VTiR. That's fine. But leave the badges off. It's not a Type R, so don't pretend it is. Ultimately you can say what you like, but putting stickers on your car that misrepresents what's inside it is pretending to be something you're not.

You can think what you like about fakers. I think they're lame.

string
05-11-2007, 02:05 PM
You can swap all the suspension/engines/interior into a Vti-R but it'll never be a Type-R. Lighter, stiffer, better. People putting fake stickers on doesn't affect me in the slightest - if they want to waste money pointlessly, too bad for them.

Reynaldo7
05-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Badges are ok as they arn't really saying it's a Type R, it's the stickers I wouldn't put on it.

Unless I had a Type R engine inside the car, or it was a Type R Conversion.

Fo55il
05-11-2007, 02:20 PM
hmmmm .

so putting on a type r kit is okay but type r sticker is stupid?

NightKids
05-11-2007, 02:39 PM
That's correct.

Kiz_EG6
05-11-2007, 02:47 PM
This shit cracks me up, on ya to anyone bagging ppl out for this shit on this thread, the rest of you, stop trying to defend ur actions, get a beer in one hand and the heat gun in the other this weekend and start peeling...

How many stickers do you want, how long before ppl are putting "bundy bitch" or "warby pub" on the back of their civics... where do you draw the line between a B&S ute and a B&S civic...

I mean you all must look at those stupid F**ing wannabe truck utes with the dragging mud flaps and the exhaust coming out through chimneys and all those f***ing stickers... i mean everyone on here laughs at that shit right?!? well that's how i feel about stupid "mugen" window stickers on stock ls integras and old preludes with type R badges, which never came out as a type r anyway, i laugh at these ppl just the same.
I mean yeah yeah... each to his own all that shit, do what you want with your "pride" and "joy" but i guarantee people are laughing at you every time you drive past!!

The only reason you are really putting those stickers or badges on ur car is so that you can pretend to other ppl that you have something you don't, i mean shit, i work for Autobarn and we sell more veilside stickers than i ever have seen veilside bodykits, what a joke!
No one is fooled, no one thinks you have a spoon kit engine in ur EF civic or a mugen supercharger kit in ur jazz...i-i mean "fit", with it's nice farting note pumped from the two 6" cannons sticking on some ridiculous angle out the back, anyone who knows anything is just plain laughing at you!!

Oh yeah, then there's the "powered by honda" across the windscreen too... news flash, it has a honda badge, of course it's powered by honda retard... no one thinks that you have a datsun motor in there don't worry!

If you really feel the need to put stickers on ur car to compensate for the missing kilowatts, why not just something like "pioneer" or whatever brand subs you have kicking in the back... anyway guess everyone gets my point :honda:

nvmee
05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
olllolllollololol

Fo55il
05-11-2007, 02:54 PM
lol - so honda shouldnt even put honda emblems on their cars?
"everyone knows that its a honda" yeah?

shuldnt be so vulgar saying things like that.

should respect other peoples opinions.

somone could be laughin at u cause u got a honda or a eg6 or a dc2r. dun think that is gonna offend u? i think it is. Im offended wen ppl say my car is weak or wateva, im still proud of driving it. n Im sure u r 2.

let people do wateva they want, u should tell your opinion not call ppl "stupid fu$#ing wannabes" n so forth.

Kiz_EG6
05-11-2007, 02:58 PM
lol - so honda shouldnt even put honda emblems on their cars?
"everyone knows that its a honda" yeah?

shuldnt be so vulgar saying things like that.

should respect other peoples opinions.

somone could be laughin at u cause u got a honda or a eg6 or a dc2r. dun think that is gonna offend u? i think it is. Im offended wen ppl say my car is weak or wateva, im still proud of driving it. n Im sure u r 2.

let people do wateva they want, u should tell your opinion not call ppl "stupid fu$#ing wannabes" n so forth.

Mate i am merely letting you know what my opinion on these kind of things is, i'm happy that ur proud of pinky, and i don't really care what you think of my cars... as for honda not putting badges on their cars, you do not make any sense, my point is they already did so you don't have to!

Fo55il
05-11-2007, 03:03 PM
ofcourse im proud of my car - dats y i built it like dat.

anywyas - wat im sayin is dat dun be so harsh, next thign u kno d person wid d huge emo stickers on his car went n killed himself cause someone on oh bagged him.

opinions r different but i felt that u were preety much dissin people straight up.

Kiz_EG6
05-11-2007, 03:14 PM
ofcourse im proud of my car - dats y i built it like dat.

anywyas - wat im sayin is dat dun be so harsh, next thign u kno d person wid d huge emo stickers on his car went n killed himself cause someone on oh bagged him.

opinions r different but i felt that u were preety much dissin people straight up.

Don't mean to be any more harsh man, but if that's what tips someone over the edge, then they need more help than a honda chat site can provide...

I am not dissin as such but just voicing my opinion on this sort of thing, IT LOOKS TERRIBLE!!

Shraka
05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
hmmmm .

so putting on a type r kit is okay but type r sticker is stupid?

Indeed.

Both of those actions are making a statement. And this is how I see those statements:

A Type R kit is saying: "I think they Type R looks hot, but I couldn't afford one / don't want something that fast / replaced everything inside it anyway and buying a VTiR/GSI was the better option for me."

A Type R sticker (or even the red H badge imho) is saying "I want people to think this IS a Type R... And I'm a massive wanker."

Same with Mugen stickers on the side of your car when you only have a Mugen oil and radiator cap. Let's face it, people do it because they want others to jump to the wrong conclusions - that you have some/a lot of Mugen performance parts under the hood and in the suspension.

Personally I don't see why you'd put a Type R sticker on your non Type R at all, but it's especially lame on stock cars. If you've modded it and made it faster than a Type R, why not put the stickers from the brands that made it fast on there? Honda didn't make it faster, Spoon, or Mugen, or Koni, or MoTec, or Don's tuning down the road did.

Personally if I had a modded VTiR, I'd strip the VTiR sticker off, and just let people guess what it was.

Kiz_EG6
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Indeed.

Both of those actions are making a statement. And this is how I see those statements:

A Type R kit is saying: "I think they Type R looks hot, but I couldn't afford one / don't want something that fast / replaced everything inside it anyway and buying a VTiR/GSI was the better option for me."

A Type R sticker (or even the red H badge imho) is saying "I want people to think this IS a Type R... And I'm a massive wanker."

Same with Mugen stickers on the side of your car when you only have a Mugen oil and radiator cap. Let's face it, people do it because they want others to jump to the wrong conclusions - that you have some/a lot of Mugen performance parts under the hood and in the suspension.

Personally I don't see why you'd put a Type R sticker on your non Type R at all, but it's especially lame on stock cars. If you've modded it and made it faster than a Type R, why not put the stickers from the brands that made it fast on there? Honda didn't make it faster, Spoon, or Mugen, or Koni, or MoTec, or Don's tuning down the road did.

Personally if I had a modded VTiR, I'd strip the VTiR sticker off, and just let people guess what it was.

Here Here

xntrik
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
i saw a corolla today with mass performance stickers

sounded quiet as a whistle stock tho.

AsH_
05-11-2007, 11:00 PM
i saw a corolla today with mass performance stickers

sounded quiet as a whistle stock tho.

quadruple loop exhaust system...

DUST
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
what do you guys think of about having a "JDM AS F@CK" sticker on a japanese car, but isn't completely JDM? eg. my AUDM DC2...

Shraka
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
what do you guys think of about having a "JDM AS F@CK" sticker on a japanese car, but isn't completely JDM? eg. my AUDM DC2...

Weren't DC2s fully imported anyway? They would have just been de-tuned and had some safety junk added / played with here.

DUST
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
So you mean all honda are made in japan correct?

Shraka
06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
So you mean all honda are made in japan correct?

I imagine they assemble some of them in other countries. I know that half the previous model Toyota Corollas were assembled in South Africa (and the build quality was noticeably worse even brand new). And the new Civic Type R is a European model, which isn't even sold in Japan as far as I understand, so I don't imagine it would be built in Japan.

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
How about the Lancer GSR's? Do they all have wipers?

yes, gsr's have wipers gsr's hmmmm thats the 4g93t.

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
anyone who knows anything is just plain laughing at you!!

quite obviously not everybody fits into this category. hence the reason people do it. I think your just farked off cause you have a dc2r, and all the rest are just impersonating your type r.
The reality of it all is that i think your just lacking the ability to see from another persons perspective ya?
not every 18 year old can afford a type r, but i'm pretty sure they can all afford a non v-tec, good on them for stickering up their car, if it helps them get noticed, if they advertise honda... i dont really see a problem with it.
maybe they're stealing some of your lime light? dont tell me you're jealous?

DUST
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
I reckon all DC2R owners are big headed and looks down on the rest of us just because we don't have a real one.

Fo55il
06-11-2007, 06:20 PM
lol - y shouldnt they lol

they saved money / got loans to get their cars N they r better than ours. so they should think theyre cars r better than ours. wouldnt u?

dun u think your car is better than a breeze civic?

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 06:21 PM
oh c'mon, dont be a hater!!! i got a dc2r

Fo55il
06-11-2007, 06:28 PM
well then :

I reckon all DC2R owners are big headed and looks down on the rest of us just because we don't have a real one.

theres no "some" dc2r owners its all

string
06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
quite obviously not everybody fits into this category. hence the reason people do it.
What kind of backwards logic is this? Has there been anyone in this thread so far that's said "I love the look of a GSi with a Type-R stick on it, HAWT!!!1"? Didn't think so.

I say if it performs better than a Type-R and has something 'special' about it, then i'm all for the sticker, provided it's got the stock kit to match. All the enthusiasts I know feel similarly. But clearly if you're a ricer, you're going to love seeing blinged up fart boxes with shopping lists all over.

Then again, I just plain don't get the whole rice thing. I mod my car for me, not to get validation from others.

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 06:33 PM
What kind of backwards logic is this? Has there been anyone in this thread so far that's said "I love the look of a GSi with a Type-R stick on it, HAWT!!!1"? Didn't think so.

I say if it performs better than a Type-R and has something 'special' about it, then i'm all for the sticker, provided it's got the stock kit to match. All the enthusiasts I know feel similarly. But clearly if you're a ricer, you're going to love seeing blinged up fart boxes with shopping lists all over.

ther person who thinks it looks cool would be .... the owner?

and i'm saying unless you own someone elses car, then your right to decide what they do with it has run out...yes? no?
then that leaves you without a leg to stand on to state that someone is a wanker, just because they have this sticker, or that sticker.

Civic_Nich
06-11-2007, 06:33 PM

thats just like saying you can have type r stickers and just go yeh well I like type r's I have pride in honda type r's hahah. the whole thing is just up to the individual if you have doubts about putting it on. well then dont.

Fo55il
06-11-2007, 06:36 PM
obviously everyone has their own preference, some like stickers some dont. This topic is going around in circles.

anyways as far as it goes about sayin "performs better than a type r" how are u gonna kno? ure still gon laugh it rnt u?

theres no pleasing everyone. people who like stickers are going to be hated on from people who dun like stickers.

so lets just laugh inside n not point fingers.

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
obviously everyone has their own preference, some like stickers some dont. This topic is going around in circles.

anyways as far as it goes about sayin "performs better than a type r" how are u gonna kno? ure still gon laugh it rnt u?

theres no pleasing everyone. people who like stickers are going to be hated on from people who dun like stickers.

so lets just laugh inside n not point fingers.

keen on this option
dont be a sore looser, dont be a sore winner. just be happy

string
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
AzKik-R you said it yourself, they "gets noticed". Thus you are justifying the sticker as a means of validation from others, thus they DO care about the opinions of the people seeing it. I just gave my opinion, what exactally is your argument? I have every right to think they are a wanker - someone who cares more about what other people think of their car than what it really is. Someone who drives an illusion of another car. Wanker works, but it's a bit strong. Plain idiot fits fine.

If a GSi has better performance than a Type-R, has the type-r kit and sticker, then I won't laugh. You can gauge basic cornering by the way the body behaves around corners. If they give it some stick you can tell if it's vtec by the sound. If it has some decent 15's/16's with good rubber, the owner more than likely cares about performance and i'll definately give them a wave when we split.

If it's got big rims (even worse if they are crome), cheap tyres, slammed on it's guts, or bad body kits, then i'll laugh my arse off at the waste of money. Sure the owner may think it looks good, but all the time they spend driving it it looks stock. They are only doing it for the attention of other idiots like them (idiots in my opinion remember), which I don't see the point in personally, but I can understand how some people could.

I'm sure that those people laugh at people spending thousands of dollars on performance parts; but when it comes to 'attempting' to justify the costs, I think i'd win the debate - simply because performance is fun.

I can see that in some social circles that makes you 'cool', but i'm not in one of those circles. Am I missing out - I guess i'll never know, but my money is on no.

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
One of my cars is a gt, has a nice td05 and a front mount intercooler, i've stripped off the gt badges, and replaced them with a genuine mx badge..... means i'm a wanker???? or i dont need the race attention? or i like smoking un-suspecting cars??? there are a few reasons why i have the mx badges.
I had 15's on the car, because i couldn't afford 17's, this puts me in your good books...apparently, interesting questions, do the lower profile tires corner better then the high profile tire's? or do you need to get really expensive tires with solid walls to corner better?
I dont want a cd player, or anything other then the stock option, because well, i'm strictly into cars performance, and dont want a cd player? no actually, i couldn't afford the cd player, so had to put that on hold for a while.
i have air conditioning in my car i should get it removed to make my car 'better'? fark no
sooo, because your preferance is strictly towards performance, that is like one of the subsets of being a car enthusiast. which doesn't solely discriminate towards the 'performance factor' but more over to the whole package, the shape, the performance, the accessories (ie ice, air con).
I think people could modify any part they choose to modify, for different reasons they may not go for performance mods, maybe it voids their insurance? they definitly wont loose insurance because there's a type-r sticker on the back of the car.
one of my friends drives a gtr tuned and modified by Bee-R does flat 11's on pump gas and street tires, but its tuned for circuit racing, now, he doesn't have any performance stickers on his car... therefore he is a wanker under your clause stating that he is 'driving the illusion of another car' its still a rb26dett, but its far from a gtr.

or on the other hand, you could change your statement to ... in my opinion someone who upgrages their badges someone who plays with themselves.....(hmmm, that'd be me when the mrs is out of town hahahaha).

the circle in which it makes you cool...... is with the ladies.

i think its all about having pride in your ride

NightKids
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey Fo55il, I saw your car on Chapel Street last night when I went clubbin' at Love Machine.

It stands out heaps, I personally don't like it but I give you credit for doing something different... cheers mate!

EUR003act
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
my red "H" DC5R badge and euroR badges look absoluetly f*rken sexy on my euro! just because we never got the euroR in aus shouldnt mean i cant have it on mine... its a sexy option that i think looks good, it my car, i like it, everyone else get stuffed

Fo55il
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
lol hmm for sum reason dat made sense,

do ppl realise they r bein hypocryts?

then sleepers shouldnt exist !!!

if its a shit box - have stock standard stickers but if u gota rb26dett in your car then u have the right to put 12389712837 stickers on your car cause it handles good at corners n can do flat 9,s lol

dun have double standards pls...

n as i said b4 dun be harsh n give vulgar comments, its un civilised.

just cause u dun like stickers or rycers, dun mean they Dikh**s or F*ck nuts or wateva, they mihgt be thinkin d same about u.

EUR003act
06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
n as i said b4 dun be harsh n give vulgar comments, its un civilised.

just cause u dun like stickers or rycers, dun mean they Dikh**s or F*ck nuts or wateva, they mihgt be thinkin d same about u.

i second that

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
my red "H" DC5R badge and euroR badges look absoluetly f*rken sexy on my euro! just because we never got the euroR in aus shouldnt mean i cant have it on mine... its a sexy option that i think looks good, it my car, i like it, everyone else get stuffed

apparently this makes you a wanker...:wave: but i think you're right. there's something bout those red badges, they look good!!!
i think i you like your ride, ya should take pride in it.

hmmm, hope this doesn't read wrong... red-badge = good

Fo55il
06-11-2007, 10:09 PM
exactly, its looks hott n d owner thinks so, so its all good. its no ones business and if u think it is your business just keep it to yourself or your "cool group"

AzKik-R
06-11-2007, 10:28 PM
anyways, i've finished work for the night, been a fantastic debate, thank you fo55il & string and others, its been very enlightening!!! have a good night all

string
06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
ROFL AzKik-R you're a joke. I can think whoever I want is a wanker, that's the beauty of opinion. You can spout whatever garbage you want about cd players (sorry I couldn't understand what the hell you are on about) and gtr's but in the end, my opinion stands: people who rice up their cars are idiots.

And for the record, red badges can look great. They are subtle and as long as they are genuine (or a ****ing good fake) then they can do good things. They aren't making a lucritive statement such as bullshit like cromies and stickers. No need to falsely extrapolate my points to try to make one of your own (which I am still yet to read). Clearly when I say "driving an illusion", I mean exactally "driving something advertised only slightly but still a little bit, but definately not exactally what it is" :rollseyesheavily: . Nice one!

You can have pride in your car without resorting to tacky bullshit. I'm glad I don't drive a riced up POS, i'm loving avoiding attention from idiots like yourself!

And regarding the 'ladies', sorry, but i'm more interested in ladies that are older than 16 and don't hang out at maccas on a friday night - but if classless skanks are your bag, all the power to you!

xntrik
07-11-2007, 12:10 AM
woo rice debate.

diffuzn
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
string lets say some one has a stock say... 94 gsi and then put a bodykit on it - no stickers no type R bullshit just a kit no chromes! maybe just some subtle 16"s. In your opinion are they a wanker if its their choice not to increase their engine power or handling of their car?

subliminal
07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
People have been doing stupid shit like putting other badges on their cars for years. Take a look at all the V8 Commodore drivers with Chevrolet badges on them, they figure they have a Chev engine they deserve a Chev badge. It'd be like me putting a Nissan badge on my old VL Commodore (which I have also seen...). But we are talking about Honda's here not crappy Holden's :p

I totally agree that its stupid to put a type R badge on anything that doesn't come with it stock, ie not a type R :p As far as I'm concerned badges shouldn't be changed at all, with the exception of different colours to match the colour/theme of the car, like going from silver Honda badges to gold ones...

Just my two cents on the whole situation. Don't be a poser.

claymore
07-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Turned into a ego match and who likes what. Will never be able to agree on each others opinion. CLOSED