PDA

View Full Version : Specker Install S2000 Door

pintorulz
01-11-2007, 08:36 AM
hey guys

wat size did you guys install and did you run new wiring or did u hook it up to the existing wire??
I am thinking of installng 6.5 inche spilts
where would you mount the splits??
Where did u mount the Amp??
i am thinking maybe under the seat...
any suggestions

integrity
01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
theres a few threads on this man take a look around previous threads.

D4rk4n63l
01-11-2007, 12:21 PM
best to run a new wires.. not that hard to do, and under the seat is no good unless it a very slim amp...

CRXONE
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm about to do exactly the same thing. 6.5" splits in the doors.
I'd recommend keeping the stock wiring, it'll be fine i bet you wouldnt notice a difference in sound quality, half of the sound goes out the window anyway.lol

I too have no idea where to mount the tweeters :confused::confused::confused:

pintorulz
01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Mr CRXONE
let me know how u go mate
wat headunit r u using

CRXONE
01-11-2007, 01:51 PM
At the moment I have just stock S2K head unit but will see how my $350 cadence 6.5" splits sound off it. They sounded amazing in my CRX with a JVC head unit.

Then I will most likely choose a head unit from Strathfield that has an adjustable touch screen display screen. And run a few amps one for the splits and one for 2x12" subs i have in my room.lol

DC5TYPER
01-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I've installed JBL 6inch Splits into the front doors. I've also applied sound deadening around the speaker location for better woofer response and less rattles in the door.

I've also mounted the tweeter inside the door right next to the woofer and cross-over. Everything fits perfectly. The reason why I did this is because I didn't want to modify the OEM doors and flush mount the tweeter into it.

Sound is still good but not as direct as it can be. But then again I don't like too much treble that a lot of tweeters put out. I like it smooth so dampening the effect of the tweeter suits my opinion of good sound.

krbz
01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
hey guys

wat size did you guys install and did you run new wiring or did u hook it up to the existing wire??
I am thinking of installng 6.5 inche spilts
where would you mount the splits??
Where did u mount the Amp??
i am thinking maybe under the seat...
any suggestions

6.5inch, i ran new wiring (existing one is VERY thin)
i taped the splits onto the dash, because i didn't want to drill any holes
the amp was mounted in the space saver

s2ki and search is your friend

you will also most likely need to get some spacers for the speakers

vtek
02-11-2007, 07:36 AM
The best way to mount the speakers is to get ap1 V2 or Ap2 tweeter covers. You do have to cut holes but at least it would look stock. The only thing is the covers are $90 each..

pintorulz
02-11-2007, 07:45 AM
When you run your own wires..how do you do that?
like where do i run it from through the door. I had this problem in my integra and had to drill a whole into the door to get the wires through..

DNTBLO_S2k
02-11-2007, 07:49 AM
i got 6.5 inch splits in the doors running the standard wiring but to a amp, mounted the tweeters in the door it looks good on the left hand side door as the top bit curves out and the tweeters fit flush with the door trim, gona trim my interior soon so it will look all good. it sound relly clear was thinking about rear speakers somewere behing the headrest not shure yet and got a 15inch sub in the boot.

vtek
02-11-2007, 07:50 AM
why dont you keep the old wires if thats the case? if your doing it yourself its a headache hiding the wires. The original wires are fine.

DNTBLO_S2k
02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
hey pintorulz if you need help give me a pm ill be happy to help out mate

pintorulz
02-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow thanks guys
i will give you a pm as soon as i have everything ready to install...