PDA

View Full Version : CTR valve springs enough?

VT1-R
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi guys..

I have got CTR cams and cam gears.. mechanics recommend me using Ctr valve springs which i am gonna order soon.

But some other mechanics said jus get JUN valve springs.. saying things like stable rpm etc.. and also power gain at high rpm. though there might be power gain, it will be marginal right? maybe 2hp at most????

As JUN valve springs cost at least $150 more.. i would like every1's opinion about which valve spring to get

thanks ppl..

aaronng
01-11-2007, 02:54 PM
What will your RPM limit be? What RPM will you usually drive your car at? Will you do trackdays?

CTR springs are good for a 9000rpm redline and constant revving to about 8000-8500rpm. If you go for too stiff a spring, you can cause accelerated wear to the valve seats. How much stiffer are the JUN ones? What RPM are they rated for? If your car is a daily driver and will see up to 5000rpm in your daily driving plus numerous squirts to 8500rpm, then CTR springs are enough. If you plan to track your car and keep it revving above 6000rpm for extended durations constantly, then you can consider the JUN springs.

SLOWEGG
01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Get springs that the manufacturer recommends to use with their cams.

VT1-R
01-11-2007, 03:52 PM
yup.. thanks guys.. i onli use for daily driving and occasionally dragging with myself.. yeah i wont raise rev limit above 9000rpm.. i dun noe bout the spec of JUN valve springs.. but i will go with the CTR ones as it suits my purpose and will still be stable at high rpm(8000+) haha.. thanks ppl..

aaronng
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
yup.. thanks guys.. i onli use for daily driving and occasionally dragging with myself.. yeah i wont raise rev limit above 9000rpm..

CTR springs will be fine then. That extra money can go into something else, like a tyre fund. :)

VT1-R
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
hahah thanks aaron.. i use the $$$ for a gd tune.. lol..