PDA

View Full Version : KPRO Tuning.

XP02ED
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey guys.. ill be getting a kpro into my car tomorrow..

The ECU is tuned to a dc5R with minor mods.. well less than what i have..
I think.. its tuned to an exhaust system with an intake..

I currently have a full exhaust system, gruppem, and jdm IM..

Just wondering what options i should do..

A - Try tune it myself via XP with the current Mods.
B - Leave it and get it tuned later on ( can be months )

*** BEFORE YOU FLAME TO GET IT TUNED PROPERLY ***
1. I am broke...
2. i will get it tuned by DD once i have cash

Zdster
01-11-2007, 05:32 PM
IMO (and I am no tuner), save until you can afford the tune, then install and tune at the same time (this will save you money and you wont risk destroying anything).

[RSX 03]
01-11-2007, 06:06 PM
IMO (and I am no tuner), save until you can afford the tune, then install and tune at the same time (this will save you money and you wont risk destroying anything).

x2 :thumbsup:

XP02ED
01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
im doing a swap with neostar his kpro for my ECU + cash

so i cant install anytime.. need to install NOW :D

Dr.k20z1
01-11-2007, 10:33 PM
lol man.. just do what u thinks best, though wat i think is just try tuning it urself.. cos man i know how u feel! NO MO MO MONNEYY haha.. so just dont give the car a bashing till ur get it properly tuned i guess?

or u cud give it to me for free? HAHAHAHA and ill give u my stock ecu HAHAHAH

jks ;P

mikul_ha
02-11-2007, 08:51 AM
u have pm

Waggy
02-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Contact James @ Hondata Australia. Best tuner this country has to offer. He'll do you a good deal too.

aaronng
02-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Contact James @ Hondata Australia. Best tuner this country has to offer. He'll do you a good deal too.

There is no Hondata Australia. James is a tuner that uses Hondata. He is NOT a representative of Hondata Australia.

XP02ED
02-11-2007, 09:33 AM
yes.. i will contact either tuners.. well i got it installed this morning..

just need to fix the immobililser setting for it.. keeps blinking :S

i will need to run another Kpro to the the ECU i just got to communicate to each other?

jdmTYPE R
02-11-2007, 09:44 AM
the immobiliser key will always stay on if u put a kpro in

XP02ED
02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
thats alright, but it blinks :D which is annoying!

Sexc86
02-11-2007, 10:38 AM
i dont understand man...

"
James aka Hondatech Australia is the distributor for Hondata in Australia. He has various workshops around Australia who are dealers and sellers of Hondata via Hondatech distribution, such as Toda AU, RevZone, Corydon Racing, APC etc read more here "

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=857

also why is James name under "Dealers" on www.hondata.com

Mattski_VTIR
02-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Since u need to run the ECU i would upload a "base" map to the KPRO that can be found with the Kmanager software from Hondata. U dont know what the tune is like on the ECU at present, so i wouldn't risk it! From memory theres a base k20a2 map on there that should do the trick tell u can get it tuned!

ginganggooly
02-11-2007, 11:01 AM
i dont understand man...

"
James aka Hondatech Australia is the distributor for Hondata in Australia. He has various workshops around Australia who are dealers and sellers of Hondata via Hondatech distribution, such as Toda AU, RevZone, Corydon Racing, APC etc read more here "

also why is James name under "Dealers" on www.hondata.com (http://www.hondata.com)

I don't see where the difficulty in grasping this concept comes from :confused:
It's your run of the mill vendor-distributor relationship.

There is no business entity of Hondata Australia operating in Australia. All that exists is a trading name; "Hondata" registered to James.

XP02ED
02-11-2007, 11:46 AM
hmm i took my car for a run.. vtec engages at 5 now :S

dyljoy
02-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Man, so u think the new ecu become worse than ur OEM one? u should buy mine man, haha, but too late lor

mugsee
02-11-2007, 12:35 PM
the immobiliser key will always stay on if u put a kpro in

Not correct - if you bring your ecu and keys over to Honda, they'll mate up the ECU to the immobiliser code in the key and then you can enable the immobiliser in the ECU and the blinking will go away.

Tune the car yourself. You'll find its surprisingly easy.

Have you read up on how to tune it? If so, whats scaring you away from doing it yourself?

XP02ED
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
yeh ive been told to bring to DD or toda.. or honda and they can fix this up.. it aint priority yet so ill get that done wen i can..

regarding tuning.. yeh i think i can manage.. ill have a read through honda-tech and see what i need. :d if you got tips! that would be awesome :D

dyljoy
02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Not correct - if you bring your ecu and keys over to Honda, they'll mate up the ECU to the immobiliser code in the key and then you can enable the immobiliser in the ECU and the blinking will go away.

Tune the car yourself. You'll find its surprisingly easy.

Have you read up on how to tune it? If so, whats scaring you away from doing it yourself?

is it free of charge to fix the problem from Honda guys?

Waggy
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
There is no Hondata Australia. James is a tuner that uses Hondata. He is NOT a representative of Hondata Australia.

I think you have James confused with someone else. James is actually a listed dealer of Hondata - and therefore is a "rep" of Hondata.

The sole official Hondata dealer for Australia = Hondata Australia (to me anyway).

TeMp
02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
is it free of charge to fix the problem from Honda guys?

Of coarse not...

Zdster
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I think you have James confused with someone else. James is actually a listed dealer of Hondata - and therefore is a "rep" of Hondata.

The sole official Hondata dealer for Australia = Hondata Australia (to me anyway).

Read the second post in this thread:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77801&highlight=hondata+australia

ginganggooly
02-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Sweet, so Ateco Automotive can now call themselves Ferrari Australia.

TODA AU
02-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey guys.. ill be getting a kpro into my car tomorrow..

Just wondering what options i should do..

You answered your own question.

2. i will get it tuned by DD once i have cash
Somebody close this thread before any more nonsense advice is given.

XP02ED
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
alright.. well i guess when i have the money i will get it tuned.. either by toda or DD.. depending whos available and the costs :S!

aaronng
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Dealer /= Representative

Just like Officeworks is a dealer of 3M products, it doesn't make them a member of the 3M organisation.

Waggy
02-11-2007, 10:52 PM
lol, okay man.

mugsee
05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
yeh ive been told to bring to DD or toda.. or honda and they can fix this up.. it aint priority yet so ill get that done wen i can..

regarding tuning.. yeh i think i can manage.. ill have a read through honda-tech and see what i need. :d if you got tips! that would be awesome :D

Honda will charge about $100 to reprogram each key to the new ECU, but you can disable the blinking by pulling out the immobiliser module from under the steering rack.

This is a good read and start for understanding how to tune your own kpro:
http://www.pencomputing.com/rsx/The_Hondata_KPro103.htm

The only good tip (and the only tip that you'll probably need) that I can suggest is clubrsx + search. Thats all you need to get started towards your own awesome tune. Feel free to ask specific questions after you've done a bit of reading and I'm sure some of the people who've done their own tuning will help answer whenever they can.

Of course, if your not confident doing the tune yourself, DD or Toda are always there.

Benson
05-11-2007, 09:39 AM
You can use the K-pro now with no problem unless the last person who tune it did a bad job.

AS for tuners to get it re-tune, look around this forum and have a look at their achievement from the tune they got respectively. Our cars are a good example.

Im trying not to be biased but so far there is only one best tuner and that is DD. Contact Bel Garage to make a booking and you'll be set.

mr_vtec
05-11-2007, 06:03 PM
i vouch what BENSON said..

mikoZ
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
DD is good, and he will give the more advices, even when u dun wanna tune the kpro there...
think u better wait for ur high cam then tune the kpro together

m0nty ITR
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Somebody close this thread before any more nonsense advice is given.

People in glass houses.... :thumbdwn:

Zdster
07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Im trying not to be biased but so far there is only one best tuner and that is DD. Contact Bel Garage to make a booking and you'll be set.

Not a subjective call at all :zip:.

m0nty ITR
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Not a subjective call at all :zip:.

The first part is right. There can only be one best tuner.

mikul_ha
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
just got an email from hondatech

i know some ppl will be interested ... i certainly am! :)

Hondata End of Year Special Prices.

To celebrate a fantastic year for the distribution of Hondata products across Australia , via the Hondatech Australia Dealer network and the numerous records broken / races won from cars powered by Hondata technology, we are running a special price promotion on all Hondata products. Order now from your local dealer before this fantastic offer ends

Hondata s100 = $220

Hondata s200 = $330

Hondata s300 = $660

Hondata k100 = $660

Hondata kpro = $990

For a list of local Australian dealers in your area please visit here

For more special prices please visit Hondatech Australia or see your local Dealer.

http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=3072#post3072

XP02ED
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
yes yes.. ive decided, with the current tune on it.. with vtec hitting at about 5.25 - 5.5 im happy with it.. and i will get it tuned prolly next year.. im gna order some cams and get the JDM IM installed :S

all i can say is money money money... i emailed DD, lets see what he says :D

XP02ED
07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
i got a noob questions, does the stock dc5R ECU have USB attached to it?

Mattski_VTIR
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
No the standard ECU does not have a user Input port (so no USB) The USB port is added with the Kpro Board :thumbsup:

mugsee
09-11-2007, 07:57 AM
yes yes.. ive decided, with the current tune on it.. with vtec hitting at about 5.25 - 5.5 im happy with it.. and i will get it tuned prolly next year.. im gna order some cams and get the JDM IM installed :S

Different mods = different tunes.

I wouldn't advise running somebody elses tune without knowing what your doing and how your engine is responding. Just make sure you know what a pingiing engine sounds like before you start driving it hard and learn to back off quickly if it does.

XP02ED
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
yeh i know how a pinging engine sounds.. and pretty sure minds fine.. although i got the cash to get it tuned assuming it aint more than 600?

soo im waiting for DD to email me back or clear his inbox :S

hopefully i hit the 140kw atw mark @ bels dynos

Mattski_VTIR
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
yeh i know how a pinging engine sounds.. and pretty sure minds fine.. although i got the cash to get it tuned assuming it aint more than 600?

Dont be to worried about the Final Dyno Figure, its the gain through OUT the rev range that makes the biggest difference :thumbsup: A number is a number, MPH tells the real story :p

XP02ED
09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Ye thats true! ahha i was on 120kwatw before the IM and krpo so hopefully the 20kw atw kicks in :D

but yeh i just got my exhaust system fixed..

my headers and cat had a problem which i got it fixed.. thats why i didnt go WSID..

Mattski_VTIR
09-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Ye thats true! ahha i was on 120kwatw before the IM and krpo so hopefully the 20kw atw kicks in :D

my headers and cat had a problem which i got it fixed.. thats why i didnt go WSID..

Hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup: I was very happy with my Tune and results, car feels alot more torquey and responsive!

mugsee
12-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Awesome. Good luck with the results!

I think the lowering of vtec + higher rev limit makes it such an awesome mod for the DC5.

Chi
12-11-2007, 07:47 AM

Add another 10kws for the spoon strut bar lol

Nice figures so far.

XP02ED
12-11-2007, 11:01 AM
AHHAHA! yes! pmed u about coils mugsee :P

and chi! yeh it actually did! bwahahah it helped @ *city :D

ill give bels garage a call along the week to get a booking in the next month

barefootbonzai
12-11-2007, 11:34 AM

ill give bels garage a call along the week to get a booking in the next month

Dave doesn't have access to internet these days, so calling bels will get you sorted. That goes for any sydney people who want tuning by Dave, it's just simple phone call away to Bels Garage for a booking.

Matt above hit 140kw+ on his stock motored Type S tuned by DD ;)

mikoZ
12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
just go to bel and talk with brain. he will list u into the schedule . thatz the simple way to go ....