PDA

View Full Version : When buying new rims, what you'd do with your stock ones?

JaCe
01-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Just wondering if many people kept them. I figure the stock 15" alloys aren't worth much for my Civic 06 so might as well keep 'em...

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether reverting to stock 15s when trading in my Civic will make a difference as opposed to aftermarket 17s?

bennjamin
01-11-2007, 08:39 PM
if anything , you will get a higher price for the stock rims n tyres than any aftermarket rims. So keep em.

Zdster
01-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Stick them in the garage and cover them with a tarp :thumbsup:.

JaCe
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
On the other hand, do you guys reckon my aftermarket (Mugen) wing, (replica) grille, K&N filter and sound system will go against me when it comes trade-in time? I'm not seeking to make a profit; but just wondering if that by leaving it in, will I get a lower trade in price?

The cost/effort of taking the equipment out and reselling it isn't worth my hassle- but I don't want to make a loss just by leaving it in there. Might as well take it out and sell it for $50 or something to that effect.

GIPONU
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM
if u follow this rule u'll get ur answer.lols
"Every modification will bring down the value of your car"

in saying that, u will make more money if u sell each modification individually, thats why most people tend to take apart their car, make it stock as possible before selling their car.

Kiki
01-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Keep them as spares u never know how many nails u could hit in a week

and u could sell them if u need money, but id store them away

markCivicVti
02-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Yeah I was planning on staying on the stock steelies until I wear out the tyres. More because I didn't want to waste tyres. But getting a body kit and staying on steelies would look pretty bad... wish i could sell them easily.

Shimian
02-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I was planning on using my stock 16" alloys as seats for home. Just clean it up nicely, polish, shine etc. Then get a low square table (something like a coffee table) then put each wheel on each side flat with a cushion on top. Itll be a good little chillout area for playing poker or having a drink with mates

DUST
02-11-2007, 09:03 AM
LOL you are not serious Shimian, you will get hemeroids from that idea.

Kiz_EG6
02-11-2007, 02:25 PM
KEEP EVERYTHING!!

The best advice i ever got.

You never know what the cops will make unroadworthy next...

I hear they are trying to ban fibre glass bodykits, so where will that leave all the ppl who sold their stock bumpers?!?

_FeRiO_
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
if ur ever plan on tracking ur car, keep the stockies and put some semi's on.

Shimian
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL you are not serious Shimian, you will get hemeroids from that idea.

ill buy some nice cushions :D. Im not expecting to sit on it and watch a movie. Its just a chillout place where u can sit for a drink (a shot), or just sit and chat etc. I mean, what else am i gonna do with them? If i trade them in, ill probably get like $100 for the lot. So i might as well keep them.

JaCe
03-11-2007, 12:35 PM
You'd have to really clean them up for it to work- but I can kinda imagine it. Although it'd be a pretty big (and low) table IMO. Maybe it's good for cards when sitting on the carpet.