PDA

View Full Version : Problem!

DNT-CRY
02-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey there,

As prob some ppl know i got a 93 EG yellow. Lately my car has been losing poser and my idle is always on 2 i did a recent service on it but i do it every 5000ks but the things when im driving either on a street road or highway im starting to lose power and when i get to a stop my idle goes to 2 or 1.5 on netural the mechanic actually did something when he serviced it but this was a different mechanic casue the other guy was out of town. Plus im seeing exhaust leak.

Can some point me to a right direction or a very good honda mechanic that knows what his doing.

btw the mechanic that i took it to wasnt a honda mechanic just a regular mechanic.

Thnx guys.

Chuckz
02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
hanny's?

SeverAMV
03-11-2007, 08:36 AM
is the exhaust leak just a crack in the system? or is it leaking from engine bay? if its a 1.5 dual carb, may be the fuel you're using, or may be something contaminating the fuel. try to run out the fuel a little or wear in the service if any new parts were fitted. the other option is spray some wd40 on the springs around the outside of the carbs. mine gets stuck at 1500rpm if i back off the throttle too fast.

ACTI0NMAN-1
03-11-2007, 08:46 AM
could be anything mate. we cant diagnose it without seeing it.
Could be your throttle cable too tight, ECU issue, TPS, FPR, Engine temp sensor, Throttle adjustment screw or any of a whole range of things..

blk_shadow
03-11-2007, 08:51 AM
could be anything mate. we cant diagnose it without seeing it.
Could be your throttle cable too tight, ECU issue, TPS, FPR, Engine temp sensor, Throttle adjustment screw or any of a whole range of things..

that's right, best is to get it diagnosed properly by a proper mechanic.

DNT-CRY
05-11-2007, 01:12 PM
k so hannys? i heard his very good would any1 know much would it be for a major service like i want everything clean?

thnx guys

blahZ
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
an arm and a leg?
hahahaa

NSPYRE
05-11-2007, 01:33 PM
wat do u mean 'clean'?

major service = timing belt, crank and cam seals, water pump. other options with major service is regular service - oil, oil filter, sparkies. more things that can be included are fuel filter, brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush, clutch fluid flush, radiator flush

major service = $800 - $900
everything listed = approx $1,600

keep in mind, there are more things that can be done too

DNT-CRY
05-11-2007, 04:54 PM
i want everything done

NSPYRE
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
well, then i hope u hav some very deep pockets

blahZ
06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
an arm and a leg?
hahahaa

well, then i hope u hav some very deep pockets

don wry he'll pay with his arms and legs
watever you do DONT CRY;)

Limbo
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Hanny's is pretty affordable. They do a good job for a decent price. They will also give you a quote and tell you what is wrong and answer your questions before they fix it. They are a great bunch, and i've taken my car there for all the major stuff.