PDA

View Full Version : Honda iPod Adapter for MY07 Euro

sonnic
02-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Got notification from Honda today of :honda: iPod adapter kit for MY07 Euro...$399 plus fitting. Looks like a straightforward install tho'.
The iPod connecter is in the glovebox and the whole unit looks the same as the Civic Adapter.
It's compatible with SatNav Euros as well.:thumbsup:

EuroDude
02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
$399 "plus fitting" :eek:

You can get an IceLink Plus for about $150, or $400 installed.
http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/Content_Common/pr-car-kits-for-ipods-and-mp3-players-dension_car-kits-for-ipod-MP3-ice-link-plus.seo

aaronng
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I installed mine in under 30 minutes, DIY. lol

king9
03-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Does the track info come up on the sat nav????

Euro76
03-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Got notification from Honda today of :honda: iPod adapter kit for MY07 Euro...$399 plus fitting. Looks like a straightforward install tho'.
The iPod connecter is in the glovebox and the whole unit looks the same as the Civic Adapter.
It's compatible with SatNav Euros as well.:thumbsup:

That's a ripoff I might say :eek:
I can still accept that price if it includes installation.
So is that a genuine Honda accessories? Can the iPod be controlled via the steering wheel audio control buttons?

EuroDude
03-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Same. Remove a few covers, plug it in, mount the ipod holder. Too easy lol

$399 is a rip-off, just like all other honda accessories unfortunately. Lucky there are much cheaper aftermarket alternatives for virtually all honda accessories ;)

civicVI
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
That's a ripoff I might say :eek:
I can still accept that price if it includes installation.
So is that a genuine Honda accessories? Can the iPod be controlled via the steering wheel audio control buttons?

mine installed 2 years ago by John Blair Honda $400 include everything:)

coyote
03-11-2007, 05:17 PM
This thread may be of help to you...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37927
Also, check here for iPod cradles for the Euro - no holes required - http://www.kioskcommunications.com.au/kiosk/ProductBrowse.asp?tid=2&cid=23&mid=151

sonnic
03-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen, or fitted, this unit...just got the information on availability. The steering wheel controls work the iPod. Not sure about the display on the SatNav...maybe ring Customer Service and ask?
No, it's not cheap but it is genuine and warranteed with the car if installed by Honda.
The install does, however, look pretty straightforward and very similar to the other aftermarket adapters available out there.
And hey, I'm just letting you all know it's available, so don't shoot the messenger, OK?

EUR003act
04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
I haven't seen, or fitted, this unit...just got the information on availability. The steering wheel controls work the iPod. Not sure about the display on the SatNav...maybe ring Customer Service and ask?
No, it's not cheap but it is genuine and warranteed with the car if installed by Honda.
The install does, however, look pretty straightforward and very similar to the other aftermarket adapters available out there.
And hey, I'm just letting you all know it's available, so don't shoot the messenger, OK?

haha thanks buddy, good info there - dont be so scared, everyone here is nice :p

anexiole
18-07-2008, 07:06 AM

hello there
Where did you buy your ice link ? :)