PDA

View Full Version : Cd compartment Led light

crinchi
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
im not sure if anyone has done this... but i was searching around and i found someone in the uk putting an led inside the cd compartment.

this is the link: http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=71&mforum=sp4rks

was wondering wat led would he have used, Voltage/current

J-TODA
03-11-2007, 12:41 AM
y not jst purchase those mini neons...approx 7cm long...and yer plug and play

xiang
03-11-2007, 01:01 AM
mmm good idea, but i think you'd be able to see abit of light shining through the gaps id reckon..

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 09:53 AM
use any 2-3v 5mm LED with a 470-560ohm resistor in series with one of the legs... will suit car use just fine! increase ohms to drop light output.

its a pretty easy install, i was thinking of doing it at one stage, but the only thing i keep in there is my sunglasses - and i never need to get them out at night (funny that) lol

mmm good idea, but i think you'd be able to see abit of light shining through the gaps id reckon..

if your worried about that just install a micro switch on the opening mechanism, that way LED/neon would turn off when door shut, on when door opened... problem solved :p

xiang
03-11-2007, 05:18 PM
micro switch, then install a microwave and refrigerator, you know maybe and oven too.
hahah
Just use them lights on the celing that'll do.

why dont you keep ure sunnies in the sunnies compartment up top?
or was there a change in the my07?

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 05:21 PM
micro switch, then install a microwave and refrigerator, you know maybe and oven too.
hahah
Just use them lights on the celing that'll do.

why dont you keep ure sunnies in the sunnies compartment up top?
or was there a change in the my07?

microswitch - its what theyre called lol would take two secs to install, hot glue gun and a bit of soldering...

my pradas dont fit in the sunny holder :( thats where i keep my oakleys lol :p

xiang
03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
oh.. ohh!! im not good with solder, i tend to get distracted and make a solder balls.

drftr
03-11-2007, 07:40 PM
was thinking of doing it at one stage, but the only thing i keep in there is my sunglasses - and i never need to get them out at night (funny that) lol
problem solved :p

Doesnt the euro have a sunglasses compartment overhead? next to the lights?

EUR003act
03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Doesnt the euro have a sunglasses compartment overhead? next to the lights?

haha yeah i just said that before - for those of you who missed it:

my pradas do not fit in the overhead compartment...

EuroDude
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
oh.. ohh!! im not good with solder, i tend to get distracted and make a solder balls.

ROFL

u need to buy a decent soldering iron. the cheap ones are hard to use.

LXRY
05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
hehe......nice to see someone using their head. my compartment full too the top with my cd's lol

tron07
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Use 3v LEDs, 4 of them makes 12V and wire it to the ciggy lighter or tap the light source at the coin tray. Waiting to go get my solder iron and will do a light for the 2 footwells, coin tray and somewhere (havent decided which location yet...) probably inside the armrest.

crinchi
09-11-2007, 02:15 AM
gets some diy pics for us tron heheeheh.. want to see how it works out. Been havn exams and havnt been bothered to actualli do this yet

alnug
07-12-2007, 05:22 AM
hi I'm the guy from UK that did the mod.

The resistor i used was about 400ohm and no you can't see any light shining through when closed :-)...if you have anymore questions just ask..

acclude17
31-10-2010, 08:49 PM
crinchi
clear ur inbox tried to pm u bout the xcarlink or give me a call asap

lefty
02-11-2010, 02:03 AM
im not sure if anyone has done this... but i was searching around and i found someone in the uk putting an led inside the cd compartment.

this is the link: http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=71&mforum=sp4rks

was wondering wat led would he have used, Voltage/current

Can't see link?
is it members only?