PDA

View Full Version : Jazz vs other new small cars

kimbi
11-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey guys.. my 96 civic vtir was recently killed (lol) so im looking to get a brand new car in the next month.

The EK4 had 118kw power standard, so im going to be hard pressed to find something like that i really like that is affordable :(

I just wanted to get some realistic info and opinions on how the Jazz (vti or vtis) compares with other new small cars.

Im not considering a corolla, hyundai, barina, daewoo or anything else like that. Besides the jazz i only really like the Renault Clio (Privledge 1.6L man) or perhaps the Mazda3 but its way to pricey for anythig but the base..

Any suggestions/feedback about your Jazz??? Ive been quoted a Vti @ $22,800 drive away with a rear spoiler/front 'sports' grille, alloys in black and $24K drive away for the renault. (thats only email quotes without any real bargining ect..) havent really looked at any other new cars.. honestly i miss the EK4!!!

dc
11-08-2004, 06:49 PM
is that $22800 for the cvt or manual?

i reckon jazz is the most practical small car out there. Hell,its more practical than even a bigger sedan.

FIT
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
what car did ur vtir got killed with?

GO THE JAZZ!

Kit
11-08-2004, 11:08 PM
that 22800 drive away looks like a very good price.

we will be taking delivery of our VTi-S next week or so, it should have landed in Sydney by now.

We nearly made the salesman cry, but eventually we got a VTi-S Automatic with tint, floor mats and slimline weather shields for a straight swap on the trade in (a value of $25,000)

Kit
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
By the way, i would pic the jazz over the clio anyday!
i would shy away from any cars from the smaller european car manufacturers... too many problems!

RedEu
12-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Any suggestions/feedback about your Jazz??? Ive been quoted a Vti @ $22,800 drive away with a rear spoiler/front 'sports' grille, alloys in black and $24K drive away for the renault. (thats only email quotes without any real bargining ect..) havent really looked at any other new cars.. honestly i miss the EK4!!!

new clio should be out next year, renault finish is a bit disappointing, & its cramp inside, a friend of mine has a clio sport, its pretty quick i must admit. i believe you can get a vti-s manual for that price that you mentioned... :wink:

kimbi
12-08-2004, 09:17 AM
yeah i would probably be getting a manual.. though i like the idea of the cvt 7speed thingy.

I guess i like the clio cause its looks less like a shoe than the jazz, and its a little more stylish.. but i think i am leaning towards the jazz now.. bah i dont know!! :?:

Jus-10
12-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Don't worry about the shoe thing.....just dump it and it looks much better. My roof-line is now lower than a current model pulsar sedan.

The Clio will be slow too...go the Jazz for sure!

wyl03
12-08-2004, 01:27 PM
that's true. don't think u'll find any small hatch with 81kw.

wyl03
12-08-2004, 03:36 PM
btw kimbi,i think u've been quoted a price for the Jazz CLASSIC. honda oz added a few bits (rear spoiler, 15-inch rims, front sports grill) and kept the price. good value for money i reckon.
honda could be trying to dispose of stock of current gen Jazz before the facelifted Jazz arrive later this year.

kimbi
12-08-2004, 04:37 PM
nope that was the price for a black VTi (with that stuff thrown in) and the VTis is 2K more got it in writing.. hehe

the Clio 1.6L has 80kW, so only 1kW less than the jazz.. and it doesnt look like a shoe!! he he he

nah i am begining to love the jazz, but its something a little kitchy about it.. like a beetle or something? i dunno.. guess thats why im asking yall

Jus-10
12-08-2004, 05:01 PM
It looks phat dumped on stockies......trust me!

but I know what you mean about the whole "kitchy" thing....I like it. Others don't.

I would try and hold out until the update comes out in October if you can....

kimbi
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
id be able to hold out till oct.. i just dont think i would be able to afford a new model like that? im assuming with the updates it will be pricier?

and whats with the vtec! the guy at honda said 'its always working, its not like your vtir civic where you can feel it kick in' *dammit!! i wanted to get a kick back into my seat from a lil jazz!!!*

wyl03
12-08-2004, 05:29 PM
i doubt honda can increase the pricing on the facelift jazz. the small car class is the most competitive class and they cannot afford to price the jazz too high. they've got the pricing *just* right now, that's why it's selling so well.

any price increase will surely cannibalise sales from Civics too <- after all ,not a lot more expensive than the Jazz.

then again .. Honda does make some strange decisions .. just look at the current facelift Civic hatch. Absolute shocker.

RedEu
12-08-2004, 10:24 PM
funnie no one mentioned the mazda2..:)

Jus-10
13-08-2004, 08:16 AM
As usual, the Honda salesperson you spoke spoke to knows sweet f*ck all. Only i-VTEC is "always working". The L15A in the Jazz has the old-skool SOHC VTEC setup. That said, don't expect a kick like your EK4. The DOHC VTEC is a completely different animal.

Price for the update will most likely be the same as current rrp. That said, you will probably be able to score a decent deal on the left over stock of the current model if you are looking to save a few $.

gelo
13-08-2004, 11:54 AM
what about the corolla sportivo?

kimbi
13-08-2004, 01:43 PM
sorry despite the fact my brothers best mate works for toyota and can assure me a decent deal on anything.. i would touch a corolla with a 50ft pole. Me no likey.

And the mazda2 is cute but its not my style, the 3 is nice in the sedan but like i said, if i want power options and ect its too expensive!

A civic hatch is like 30K so indeed alot more than a jazz!!!!

luzinit
13-08-2004, 02:06 PM
imo if u want something like ur ek4, corolla sportivo is probably the closest thing on the market atm.. mazda sp23 is a bit too pricey. whats wrong with toyota? i'd prefer toyota as a manufacturer over mitsubishi n nissan for the cheaper cars

kimbi
13-08-2004, 02:58 PM
basically if i cant have an EK4 i dont want something 'like it' so thats why im swinging towards a small 4-door, thats less powerful and more comfortable.

I miss my old car!!! and i agree.. i wouldnt get a mitsubishi either, thats why my other front runner is the renault clio.. if only the fiesta wasnt a ford!! muwahahaha

i guess i just like hondas :P

gelo
13-08-2004, 03:04 PM
get another ek4
did u get insurance payout?
there should be enough to buy anotehr one

kimbi
13-08-2004, 03:12 PM
i bought my car very very cheap.. i got my insurance payout which was alot more that what i paid.. BUT my insurance per year is 2.5K on that thing and you lose your entire premium when its a write off.

Its left me a little pissed off so i dont want to A) have ro repurchase a car that will undoubtely not be as good a deal as what i got (not to mention its going to cost a fortune to mod from scratch again :() B)i wouldnt mind being one of the lucky few who dont pay more than 1500 for insurance.. which is what the jazz/clio are..

and i cant find an EK4 out there.

RedEu
13-08-2004, 10:37 PM
basically if i cant have an EK4 i dont want something 'like it' so thats why im swinging towards a small 4-door, thats less powerful and more comfortable.

I miss my old car!!! and i agree.. i wouldnt get a mitsubishi either, thats why my other front runner is the renault clio.. if only the fiesta wasnt a ford!! muwahahaha

i guess i just like hondas :P

actually i personally thought the peugeot 206 is not a bad car, inside is spacier than the clio, but a bit old probably, what about the C2? it looks not bad.... in black only though :) , other colors not really, & its around 80kw, but if resale is your issue then probably only leaves jazz ..:) cos i suspect the french wont hold up...

Kit
14-08-2004, 12:56 AM
actually i personally thought the peugeot 206 is not a bad car, inside is spacier than the clio, but a bit old probably, what about the C2? it looks not bad.... in black only though :) , other colors not really, & its around 80kw, but if resale is your issue then probably only leaves jazz ..:) cos i suspect the french wont hold up...

there are a lot of problems with the 206's, even the 307's actually.
I haven't heard much about the Citreon, they look great, but from previous citreon experience, i would stay away from them too.

Sp00n
14-08-2004, 10:17 AM
all small cars look like shoes these days...
but the jazz is a better looking shoe.. (if u know what i mean)

technically and practically, its a better car than my VT commodore (any car is better than a VT commy for that matter)

and honda build, quality and resale values will see it a cut above anything else.. (plus the added little bonus of vtec (which u cant feel kick in - but it's there))

ok, hondas might have pricey parts n all but it's a lot cheaper than ur euro small cars and plus, u dont have to downshift to overtake on a highway in a jazz (well i dont anyway) whereas the bigger (eg 2.0L) euros do...

thats my 5 cents worth...

^^v
14-08-2004, 01:34 PM
wut bout the echo sportivo?
1.5l ...100kw

seen dis HOT panda one dumped on 17's.... fooken hot mangz!

gelo
14-08-2004, 03:53 PM
no no
only 80kw for the echo sportivo

^^v
14-08-2004, 05:16 PM
no no
only 80kw for the echo sportivo

oh is it??
damnz... my bad...
always thought it wuz 100... :P

kimbi
16-08-2004, 11:05 AM
well the peugots and vw polos ect are only like 50kW (or there abouts) and theyre far mosr expensive with less features, so i wouldnt consider either of those.. and the citroen C3 is a pull apart car.. litterally parts can be pulled off by accident! (saw a review on 5th Gear if any of you know that show on foxtel)

I went to check out the jazz again on the weekend and they arent very flexiable with the prices (mofos) my mom wants me to get an auto so she can drive it.. and well.. ive always done what my parents tell me (grr.. i wish i was a norty kid!!) Auto vtis is 26.5, or vti *with that classic pack* 25.1 (which i honestly think is ridiculous).. manual vits is 24, vti *with classic pack* is 22.8

freaking hell! i hate car dealers.. :P whats the best way for me to get it as cheap as possible.. my daddio and i tried but werent so succesful, and the dealer called me this morning and left a voicemail message about the car (i was prepared to buy on sun for the right price..but didnt cause it wasnt good enough) any suggestions? cause if i dont get this cheap im defecting to renault!!!

Kit
16-08-2004, 12:09 PM
I reckon the Jazz's are better with the CVT gearbox anyway :)

Jus-10
16-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Just shop around with dealers. I found a fair difference in drive away rrp prices from dealer to dealer....around $700 difference actually.

wyl03
16-08-2004, 12:55 PM
well the peugots and vw polos ect are only like 50kW (or there abouts) and theyre far mosr expensive with less features, so i wouldnt consider either of those.. and the citroen C3 is a pull apart car.. litterally parts can be pulled off by accident! (saw a review on 5th Gear if any of you know that show on foxtel)

I went to check out the jazz again on the weekend and they arent very flexiable with the prices (mofos) my mom wants me to get an auto so she can drive it.. and well.. ive always done what my parents tell me (grr.. i wish i was a norty kid!!) Auto vtis is 26.5, or vti *with that classic pack* 25.1 (which i honestly think is ridiculous).. manual vits is 24, vti *with classic pack* is 22.8....

yup. the polo is about 55kw. it has a nice solid German build but at 55, it will be wheezing on the freeway before long. it's just so-so on features/accessories and rather heavy too.

the mazda2 is nice & sporty.

but both cars above have fuel consumption a good 20% more than the Jazz i reckon (if that's a big deal to you).

the manual vti price is about the same that i paid for my jazz. mind you, mine was not the classic pack, so i don't have the rear spoiler & rims. :(

kimbi
16-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Just shop around with dealers. I found a fair difference in drive away rrp prices from dealer to dealer....around $700 difference actually.

i have shopped around and this is the cheapest i have found.. other dealers are charging 1K for that classic pack :( so far ive been to warrick farm honda (the one near the little harbour bridge thing as the entry), rick damelian and also trivett in parramatta.

im very serious about buying this before the weekend, so ill just have to try harder :confused:

wyl03
16-08-2004, 03:26 PM
i have shopped around and this is the cheapest i have found.. other dealers are charging 1K for that classic pack :( so far ive been to warrick farm honda (the one near the little harbour bridge thing as the entry), rick damelian and also trivett in parramatta.

im very serious about buying this before the weekend, so ill just have to try harder :confused:

i got my car from Hornsby Honda. check with them. talk to either peter chan or Les .. Les makes the final decisions but he's usually busy.

i would avoid honda eastwood .. they wouldn't even let me test-drive their car. wtf.. ? :rolleyes:

kimbi
16-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Ill prob give them a call tomorrow morning and lay the smack down. Cause i want this car right now - not asking for any freebies like "$250" mats or tinting.. *maybe one of those honda racing teddies :P* just a bit more of a saving.. i mean the one im after is on the floor now so i should be looking at a better discount.

But if thats just not possible and im asking too much, then ill look for something i can afford *wipes tear from eye*

Kit
16-08-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm going to pick up our Jazz this saturday at Rick Damelian.

Do you want me to give the salesman your number?

like I said earlier, we got a straight swap for our car for a VTi-S auto with tint, mats, and weathershields. And our car trade in value was 25,000

Jus-10
17-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Slick Rick will tend to look after you if you are trading in....that is where I got my Jazz/traded in the BM. That said, their rrp prices were the most expensive out of the dealers I looked at, but the extra $7k they offered me for the trade was too good to refuse.

I found Hornsby the cheapest for rrp.

Good luck in your hunt kimbi

kimbi
17-08-2004, 03:14 PM
rick damelian is where im dealing with now (dunno if i mentioned it lol) but it was all good fun until i felt kinda pressured today.. like i told him unfortunately i dont have 25 for the vti auto then he said 'we can hook you up for finance at competitive rates' ect ect.. i felt like pointing out the obvious that no matter what the rate is i still cant afford that price

but yeh.. it sux now cause before i thought the jazz was a shoe. and now i really want one *cries* hehehe and to think i can get a sportivo corolla drive away for like 26K lol

Kit
17-08-2004, 03:33 PM
really? is the sportivo 26K drive away?! i'd get the sportivo over a jazz for that price!

Kit
17-08-2004, 03:34 PM
P.s. speak to Michael at Rick Damelian.
Tell him Chris that just bought the white VTi-S jazz told you to ask for him, and say you are looking to buy NOW. See what he says and what he can do.

kimbi
17-08-2004, 03:43 PM
really? is the sportivo 26K drive away?! i'd get the sportivo over a jazz for that price!

noo thats the price my brothers mate can give me when it gets to the time of the month their dealership needs to meet a quota :P

and ive been dealing with darren at rick damelian, and hes been great so far, but i dont think im going to get any cheaper!! :(

Kit
17-08-2004, 04:06 PM
noo thats the price my brothers mate can give me when it gets to the time of the month their dealership needs to meet a quota :P

and ive been dealing with darren at rick damelian, and hes been great so far, but i dont think im going to get any cheaper!! :(

but the problem is, a VTi Auto with nothing on it for $25,000 isn't exactly a good price

if you're gonna do it, at least make him throw in tinting, the honda car mats, weather shields, centre console etc etc.

you can get them lower if you bend their arm :)

kimbi
17-08-2004, 04:14 PM
well 25 is the vti auto with the classic stuff.. but i mean its the one on the floor and despite him saying 'its only been there a week' its BS.. my daddio and i tried and i guess i dont want to try and argue with the guy *sigh* i am to cool for that :cool: [lol i just wanted to use that little smiley]

Denchy
17-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Dont wanna be a turn coat but the Bitso shiti (mitsubishi) Colt Turbo will be a decent ride IF it gets out here.... ugly but fast

I say again still love my honda :D

wyl03
17-08-2004, 04:36 PM
don't think mitsu oz has plans to bring in the colt turbo YET. their immediate target is to get sales volume for the std Colt. has hte pricing being finalised? heard it's not going to be cheap.

u might get the sportivo cheap .. but remember, most toyota dealers will charge for a/c, ABS, passenger airbag, etc ..

kimbi
18-08-2004, 11:42 AM
the abs/air con and all the rest you mentioned are standard on the sportivo anyways.. but its just the fact i hate them! just trying to work out what i can afford for my money.. and dammit the jazz is c00t!

muli
18-08-2004, 05:10 PM
don't think mitsu oz has plans to bring in the colt turbo YET. their immediate target is to get sales volume for the std Colt. has hte pricing being finalised? heard it's not going to be cheap.

i remember there being something up there in qld in the courier mail paper about the new colt, i think the top of the range was around $18,900 but it was below $19,000rrp but that excludes delivery charges and all the other crap

Sp00n
18-08-2004, 10:13 PM
have u tried trivett classic in parra?
i got a decent sorta deal from them..
ask for dennis.. he looked after me

kimbi
19-08-2004, 09:17 AM
have u tried trivett classic in parra?
i got a decent sorta deal from them..
ask for dennis.. he looked after me

yeah ive pretty much been everywhere.. ive got to call back Collins at Rockdale this morning, but i blame the fact im a girl.. people dont take me seriously enough! :p

Denchy
19-08-2004, 09:30 AM
i remember there being something up there in qld in the courier mail paper about the new colt, i think the top of the range was around $18,900 but it was below $19,000rrp but that excludes delivery charges and all the other crap

Apparently there is going to be a turbo Hyundai Ascent too.... hope its not a flop like the turbo corolla 37K for that POS ha!

muli
19-08-2004, 04:25 PM
yep i remember seeing that in the paper, it was somewhere around 120kw

|N|
19-08-2004, 10:00 PM
but still .. i reckon the EK4 would kill it easy ....

slowcrx
20-08-2004, 01:32 AM
That Accent thing - hello 1999 Eggshell (oops Excel) turbo done for the Motorshow with Sick Division! I think it's just another rumour running around the place...

muli
20-08-2004, 07:52 AM
there actually was a article in the courier mails motoring section regarding this ascent turbo, had all proper pictures, wasnt ur normal ascent had a complete looking car with small shopping trolley handle bars and all and wasnt a sick division car if ur refering to the metallic purple that had the ferrari style shit pattern surrounds and was featured in all the ricey 4cyl mags

kimbi
20-08-2004, 08:36 AM
i know a girl who works for hyundai and she got a yellow turbo accent.. its always up and down the great western hway in western sydney.. its a real shitter. Honestly if you slap a turbo on anything it will give it a lil ore power, but we're still talking about a hyundai factory car.. i think the EK4 would kill it too *cries*

wish me luck! the guys at rick damelian wont stop bugging me to buy the jazz.. and im going to rockdale honda on sunday! heres hoping by next friday i own my own lil jazz!!! wooopwooop

wyl03
20-08-2004, 10:03 AM
wish me luck! the guys at rick damelian wont stop bugging me to buy the jazz.. and im going to rockdale honda on sunday! heres hoping by next friday i own my own lil jazz!!! wooopwooop

just tell rick's guys that the ink would have dried on the dotted line if they can meet your price!!!

Is Rockdale's price better? Are you trading in your car?

wyl03
20-08-2004, 10:56 AM
sporty colt:

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/carcontent/feature/parisshow/2004ColtCZT01.JPG

kimbi
20-08-2004, 02:40 PM
just tell rick's guys that the ink would have dried on the dotted line if they can meet your price!!!

Is Rockdale's price better? Are you trading in your car?

hehe i cant trade in.. my EK4 was written off!! :( *cries* lol.. I think ill get a better price at rockdale, im willing to try at least.

slowcrx
22-08-2004, 04:31 PM
The Rockdale place should be good, it was the most competitive out of all dealers when I shopped for a Jazz but not by much like $100 and a bit more extra's thrown in. Rick had a whole heaps of GLi slightly used manual's for $17k last year around this time and most of them would have got less than 500km on it.

Geoffy
08-09-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm getting a Jazz VTi-S manual, Vivid Blue with Sports Grille, Tints, Alarm, Floor Matts, 1 Years Rego and Full tank of fuel for $24,500 is that good???

Jus-10
08-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Sounds pretty decent if that is a drive away price

Geoffy
08-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah it's drive away

hingy
15-04-2005, 12:30 AM
hi guys and gals...I just bought my cute 05 Jazz VTI Vibe a week ago..and will be putting 17" roh rims on it..
do u think its wise to drop it??
my guy friends are telling me not to, cos its not good for my brand new shocks n stuff..
wot do u think??

TypeG
15-04-2005, 12:43 AM
yr frd is true
but u put a 17' on anyway which will damage yr power steeling system anyway

JA22
15-04-2005, 12:56 AM
hi guys and gals...I just bought my cute 05 Jazz VTI Vibe a week ago..and will be putting 17" roh rims on it..
do u think its wise to drop it??
my guy friends are telling me not to, cos its not good for my brand new shocks n stuff..
wot do u think??

hey hingy

welcome to the club and congratulations on your purchase! i too am a very new member here and i jus collected my jazz vti few days ago.

why don't you make an introduce yourself under the community section as well?

i also heard it is not advisable to put on 17", so i am now looking at 16"

hingy
15-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Shit No wAy??
so you guys think its not a good idea to put 17' on then??

do u think it would still look alright if i dont drop it?

hingy
15-04-2005, 01:24 AM
LOL....where's the community section??
heahea

ahcash
15-04-2005, 08:15 AM
LOL....where's the community section??
heahea

Hingy, welcome.. It's called the "Introduction" section here.. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

People find that 17" is a little bit heavy and you will probably find that the car performance might suffer a bit...

15" (wider) and 16" are what people go for city driving...

Dreams
15-04-2005, 08:37 AM
20's is fine.. shuld be no problem .. hehe *jk,
16 prolly as far as u can go anway, the legal thing is that you only allow to go up by 2inches from ur standard size rim, and no larger diameter as the std.
ur std size is:14"