PDA

View Full Version : FN2R dirty rims

FN2TypeR
03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
My two rear rims always end up much dirtier than my front two. Like really dirty when compared to the fronts.

Why?? Brake dust? It's 3 months old I would presume brakes would be quite settled by now?

Any other FN2 owners experience the same? Or anyone else for that matter?

I had an 06 Accord last year and never had this issue.

SPEEDCORE
03-11-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77016

[RSX 03]
03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Meguiars wheel cleaner, Non acid.

This helps reduce brake dust, from sticking onto your rims

sitta
03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
the rear brake compound are softer than the front one, thus more brake dust. After cleaning my wheel i spray armorall wheel protectant this reduce the amount of brake dust that stick to the wheel. But they do still stick there, you cant avoid them

aaronng
03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I clean it off using diluted liquid laundry detergent in a spray bottle and a soft tyre brush. Rinse off, let it dry and then apply a wax to your rims so that it will be easier to clean off next time.

mrwillz
03-11-2007, 11:06 PM
imo wen washing the car, its a lil extra work to giv it a lil cleaning
not that hard mate.

looks better neway, makes up for the gunmetal color they should have on oem wheel

Topendwarrior
04-11-2007, 10:55 PM
brake pads & hand brake are all possible causes, it could also be the effect of the new flat floor panels design altering the underbody airflow resulting in cleaner front rims.

FN2TypeR
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
brake pads & hand brake are all possible causes, it could also be the effect of the new flat floor panels design altering the underbody airflow resulting in cleaner front rims.

Very good point. My front rims are ridiculously clean considering it's been last washed about a month ago and the amount of rain we've been getting here in Sydney over the past month. The rear rims are disgusting to look at right now, it's almost black.

dancivicR
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
yeah i have the same problem my front rims are very clean and my rear rims are as dirty as prostitute

bryan yuen
05-11-2007, 07:50 PM
hi,

the reason to why the rear wheel is dirtier then the front one is because the type R is equiped with EBD( electronic brakeforce distribution). it is normal for that to happen. this also happenes to the accord EURO. these cars will tend to wear out the rear brakes quicker then the front. which is designed to do so.

FN2TypeR
05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
hi,

the reason to why the rear wheel is dirtier then the front one is because the type R is equiped with EBD( electronic brakeforce distribution). it is normal for that to happen. this also happenes to the accord EURO. these cars will tend to wear out the rear brakes quicker then the front. which is designed to do so.

What does EBD do?

Why is it designed to wear the rear brakes quicker than the front? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks.

sitta
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM
turn off vsa and less brake dust at the back

FN2TypeR
05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
turn off vsa and less brake dust at the back

Do you drive around with VSA off permanently? What's it like? Any different?

sitta
05-11-2007, 10:04 PM
well, no difference if you drive carefully, if you start flicking the steering wheel at 50km/hr + than the car is harder to control

akina
05-11-2007, 11:39 PM
hi,

They are talking about the dirtiness from brake dust not the wear on the brake pad.
Anyway, I have an Accord Euro and my front rims get dirty faster than my rear rims.

sitta
06-11-2007, 09:43 AM
They are talking about the dirtiness from brake dust not the wear on the brake pad.
Anyway, I have an Accord Euro and my front rims get dirty faster than my rear rims.

isnt brake dust from the wear of the brake pad?

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 06:10 PM
What does EBD do?

Why is it designed to wear the rear brakes quicker than the front? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Thanks.

well EBD is designed so that when you apply the brakes, the amount of brake force is electronically distributed to each wheels maximising the effctiveness.
its just due to how the car loads up and unloads underbraking conditions. the advantage is you get more balance out of the car underbraking......i dont see any disadvantage at this stage... maybe just dirtier rear wheels i guess...

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 06:19 PM

well brake dust do come from brake pads when they are used through out it lifetime.
the more wear on the brake pads leads to more brake dust you get.

although the Euro's front wheel is dirtier then the rear.(opposite to the FN2)
im pretty sure that the rear pads gets replaced more often then the front ones by experience.

akina
06-11-2007, 10:10 PM
well brake dust do come from brake pads when they are used through out it lifetime.
the more wear on the brake pads leads to more brake dust you get.

although the Euro's front wheel is dirtier then the rear.(opposite to the FN2)
im pretty sure that the rear pads gets replaced more often then the front ones by experience.

55, well i dunno about that, only had it for 6 months.