PDA

View Full Version : Crome/Hondata, full throttle shift & 1-2 shift

nd55
03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey,

A question to all those running aftermarket ecus, crome, hondata etc.

Can somebody describe Full Throttle Shifting, especially regards to the 1-2 shift.

I'm hoping the ECU + FTS allows a rapid and smooth (almost auto like) shift.

The question is more than academic.
If otherise, I might chase my goals elsewhere.

Thanks.
Nick.

Benson
03-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I think what it does is when you flat shift/change it'll cut out either sparks/fuel so you won't over rev or something like that.

ProECU
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
its a launch control + Full throttle shift (FTS)

FTS limits the rpm's to somewhere just under redline, say 500-1000rpm below redline - controlled by a clutch switch.

Personally, you could probably flat shift without it, but gives peace of mind to not over rev expensive engines.
FTS is useful in turbo applications - together with enrichment of fuel and retardment of timing to help spool turbos between gears.

nd55
03-11-2007, 07:45 PM
> FTS limits the rpm's to somewhere just under redline, say 500-1000rpm below redline - controlled by a clutch switch.

That's my understanding of the system.

Anybody experienced a 1-2 FTS in person?

Nick

ProECU
03-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Anybody experienced a 1-2 FTS in person?

Nick

yes - I wouldn't have commented otherwise.

nd55
04-11-2007, 11:07 AM
> yes - I wouldn't have commented otherwise

oops. sorry, by bad.

So would you describe FTS as a passive safety system, to prevent over-revving?

Or is it usable to enable smooth/fast shifts (especially 1-2 shift)?

> FTS limits the rpm's to somewhere just under redline, say 500-1000rpm below
> redline - controlled by a clutch switch

This is what I'm trying to get a handle on.

If the FST limit is 500-100 rpm below redline as you say, then its a safety system.

Otherwise,

If the FST limit is about 4000rpm, then this rev-matches to 2nd gear and should allow
fast, smooth shifting.

Thanks.
Nick.

aaronng
04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
If the FST limit is about 4000rpm, then this rev-matches to 2nd gear and should allow
fast, smooth shifting.

Thanks.
Nick.

Even with FTS, it will take time for the engine RPM to drop to 4000rpm if you are shifting at redline. So a fast 1-2 shift might not give enough time for the engine RPM to drop.

nd55
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
> Even with FTS, it will take time for the engine RPM to drop to 4000rpm if you are shifting at
> redline. So a fast 1-2 shift might not give enough time for the engine RPM to drop

This is what I was thinking.

Was hoping somebody who uses it daily could describe how the shift sys. works in practice.

Hoping to go Crome this summer and am getting opinions and information beforehand.

Negative threads like this
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78079
aren't promising.

Nick.