PDA

View Full Version : air con problem

alphabeatsco
03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
currently have an air problem.
the heater works fine, when u turn on the air con.
it blows warm air...anyone know what roughly can it be?
and how much to fix..

bennjamin
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
it IS all the way to "cold" and on circulate yeah ?
Probably you need to recharge your aircon gas. Take it to a auto electrician or local mechanic and hand over $50-100 and have new gas.

alphabeatsco
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
its not the regas.

Couper_Trooper
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
its not the regas.

is ur a/c compressor working?
thermal fan spinning or spinning right way on condensor?

had to change 2 a slimmer thermal fan coz of my turbo setup...
after enduring 2 days of heat.. realised my thermal fan was blowing hot air
into condensor than sucking cool air into it.. lol

was gonna regas as well(lucky didnt)... works fine now..

bennjamin
03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
yup more info plz. Does the engine slightly dip in revs when you turn it on full ? IE is it still actually working just onyl blowing HOT air not cold ?

alphabeatsco
03-11-2007, 11:56 PM
if worse comes to worst, how much would it be to replace the air con system....im pretty sure it's not the regas.

Couper_Trooper
04-11-2007, 09:21 AM
if worse comes to worst, how much would it be to replace the air con system....im pretty sure it's not the regas.

try this link http://www.aa1car.com/library/ac98.htm
googled automotive air con problems..
good stuff:thumbsup:

had a quick read n apperantly there's quite a few probs
u should check out for...
*compressor engagement
*Blown fuse or wiring prob if the magnetic clutch
on the compressor is not engaging
*magnetic clutch is defective...
*a blockage in one of the hoses preventing lubrication to ur compressor..

list goes on...
better u take it to a qualified technician if u cant figure out d prob..

stk-civic
05-11-2007, 01:40 PM

I would also like to know the answer to this question.
Theres gotta be someone who replaced their aircon!
Thnx

omgzilla
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Argh! It annoys me when people want to know what is wrong with their car and then won't answer any questions asked by the people who are trying to help them.

If you give us more info we can try to help you - instead of just telling you where to go to get it fixed.

Is your A/C Compressor running when your turn it on at the switch?
Checked your fuses?
Checked switch and compressor wiring connections?

Also note that some a/c compressors may not engage if there is not enough or too much gas in the system.

When I purchased my car, after a quick look around - I found that the previous owner had accidentally disconnected the a/c switch plug when removing his cd head unit and forgotten to re-connect it.

Could be something silly like a loose plug or it could be something more - but you'd be kicking yourself not to do as many little checks as you can do (yourself) rather than paying someone else to do it at ~$100/hr!

stk-civic
08-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Well my aircon rattles like a tin can. im guessing its the compressor clutch or something, noise goes much worse when the aircon is actually turned on. im just curious on a price for replacement, i've got a diff prob to alpha.

Besides, how do u tell if u have too much gas or little gas in the system?

omgzilla
08-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Apart from connecting and A/C machine to it and reading the gauges - you can't unfortunately.

I was just adding that there are many things that could be causing alphabeatsco's issues.

stk-civic: Is the rattling actually coming from the compressor? From the exterior of it or inside it (the outer clutch assembly or from within)?

You may be able to get a clutch repair kit...

stk-civic
10-11-2007, 02:17 AM
You can hear the sound from inside the cabin, when at idle.
And you can hear it about a metre or two away from the car.

i was meant to take out the belt last weekend, i read up on the DIY on here, but mates said leave it in there and let a mech do it.

Thnx omgzilla.

omgzilla
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
stk-civic: Why are you taking off the belt? Is the sound happening even when the A/C is switched off?