PDA

View Full Version : HID problem.

Jezzah
05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
hi,
I've got a issue with my HIDs. when i flick in on, one side blanks out. after playing it for some time ( on and off), it comes back on? if i contiune to flick the switch, both sides go out. what can be the problem? how can i initially approach it?

cheers
Ruben Carter

Stcmon
05-11-2007, 10:55 PM
have u checked the connections?

EWCivic
05-11-2007, 11:07 PM
It's could be the Relay kit problem if you have a relay kit. otherwise could be the ballast overheating and the protection circuit cut out the ballast itself.

Jezzah
05-11-2007, 11:32 PM
wouldnt have a clue if i have the relay kit, and i doubt that it would be the ballast overheating.

lenz
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
does it make a zap sounds when you turn it on if it does your bulbs are going i had some customer comming to me about them

applio
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
you got a faulty ballast, try swap both ballast around and see if that will happen, if it does, you got yourself a faulty ballast. if you dont, check all the connection, fuse etc...

a relay kit is that you got a extra small box with red n black cable that require you to connect it to your car battery.

what bulb size you got?

nowaday most of those ballast will come with a igniter switch inside the ballast, might be something wrong with that.

stk-civic
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
i got the same prob, only one flicks on and also after playing with it (on/off) then the other eventually turns on...

Does ur left one onli work intially?

Do wat the others said, swap over the ballast and bulb.

Jezzah
06-11-2007, 11:54 PM
i'll check the ballast out during the week. i've tested out the bulbs and they were fine.
if in worst case scenario the ballast does play out on me. would i be able to get it replaired or do i get a complete housing.
i think the bulbs are H1 integra dc2r

xntrik
07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
DC2-R = H4 bulbs. non hi-beam.

bungsai
07-11-2007, 01:10 AM
DC2-R = H4 bulbs. non hi-beam.

HB4 Bulbs mate.

applio
07-11-2007, 09:56 AM
i'll check the ballast out during the week. i've tested out the bulbs and they were fine.
if in worst case scenario the ballast does play out on me. would i be able to get it replaired or do i get a complete housing.
i think the bulbs are H1 integra dc2r

dont think you can repair a ballast, everything inside the ballast has been fully sealed.... depeneds on the brand and warranty you got mate. :cool:

EWCivic
08-11-2007, 09:01 AM
here is a pic of a ballast insidehttp://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i199/dougtang/Hallw%20HID%20Kit/DSC01064.jpg

You won't be able to fix it, because it's all fill up

bennjamin
08-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Yup you cannot fix a ballast. Just replace.
Try to borrow one off a friend or someone to try out first and see if that fixes your problem

generally , all ballasts are the same. So , you can get one from another kit or somewhere else and use that. Its the bulbs and wiring that differs.

jayesse
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Yo Jezzah I had this problem in the Jazz about a year ago and it was a faulty relay.

Just had it replaced it was fine.

But as suggested try switching the ballasts first. If the problem follows the ballasts then that is your prob.

If the problem stays on the same side even after switching the ballasts then you prob have an issue with the relay. If it looks like this being this problem, with the lights on, try tapping the relay - light tapping on mine would switch the problem side on and off.

Jezzah
08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
tested out the ballast today and that seemed to be the issue. the unit is not equipped with a relay kit.
where could i source a ballast?

cheers

jayesse
08-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Al lthe ballasts from the asian markets look to be a fairly generic product, just with different branding.

Perhaps try some of the guys selling the kits to see if they can get a hold of one for you...maybe they have had a returned kit or something and have parts that work.

Worth a try I guess?

Jezzah
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
yeap, definately give that a shot.

stoodamire
08-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey, i had the same problem, was a faulty ballast in the end, just get it replaced..

applio
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
yeap, definately give that a shot.

i might have something you need mate.

smoove
12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
generally if the relay is playing up, you'll see both lights flicker...
However if it is one side, looks like the ballast is on its way out (can't hold the charge required for the light).

usually HIDs are sold with 6-12 months warranty so if its under warranty just contact the retailer and get a replacement... otherwise if you want to source just one side look on Ebay or contact resellers... make sure the plugs are correct and the power ratings are the same..

albert107
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Simplly just heard any working sound like (bee") on the ballast when the light on,beacuse all electric to the bulb is from ballast. If the ballast does have the sound but no light on, it could be the bulb. IF ballast no sound, u may get change of the ballast. It cost 100 a pair in E bay ... waste time to repair it...