PDA

View Full Version : Civic cxi hatch pod tips and help

Gio
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, can anyone out there help me with a pod filter installation. I have a 98 civic and have installed a pod filter into it and i was wondering if its safe to leave it the way i have installed it. Any feedback or other tips would be greatly appreciated.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/chrisgiovine/civicpod.jpg

I have installed it as is in the picture with the stock cold air pipe underneith the pod. All i done was take out the stock filter and clip the pod straight in.

Thanks, Chris.

mrwillz
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
can u even close the bonnnet?

Gio
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
yeah i can but it just touched the top

Gio
06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
when i close the hood it just hits the hood

redinteg
07-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I'd say your hampering performance with that setup over the stock one.
i had a DIY SRI with a pod on my DC4 teg for a while made buggerall power difference but i left it on because i liked the sound, I put the stock box back in for roadworthy when i sold it, took the car for a final trash and there was a noticeable power increase over the SRI with the pod.

Stick with the stock box and get a k/n panel for it, will give a bit better response or wait till you can get a proper CAI.

philBo
07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
no offense, but that looks like ass

Fo55il
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I'd say your hampering performance with that setup over the stock one.
i had a DIY SRI with a pod on my DC4 teg for a while made buggerall power difference but i left it on because i liked the sound, I put the stock box back in for roadworthy when i sold it, took the car for a final trash and there was a noticeable power increase over the SRI with the pod.

Stick with the stock box and get a k/n panel for it, will give a bit better response or wait till you can get a proper CAI.

lol hope u dint sell to sum1 on ozhonda!!!

its better if u just invest in a proper cai or sri. Looks better n will perform better than what u have. + im pretty sure d bonnet touching it/ pushing it down would stop the pod from performing at its best

Fo55il
07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
+ doing a full on camflouge ghetto style intake would be better, cops wont hassle u much if they cant see anythin.

1996ek1
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
How often do cops make you open your bonnet when they pull you over??

lenz
07-11-2007, 09:48 PM
get rid of your air box but keep your air intake pipe and just pop your pod on the end of it

Limbo
07-11-2007, 10:11 PM
as lenz said.

ekdez
07-11-2007, 11:23 PM
stock filter will do u better. fullstop!

Gio
08-11-2007, 08:12 PM
+ doing a full on camflouge ghetto style intake would be better, cops wont hassle u much if they cant see anythin.

Whats a camo intake? can anyone tell me?

And yeah i decided just to buy the pipe anyway lol :)

Fo55il
08-11-2007, 10:37 PM
wen u open the bonnet it looks all stock, stock box n piping. But under the car there sits a pod.

So what u do is connect a pipe from underneath the air box that will be connected to the pod underneath the car / behing the bumper where the vents r.

Im not 100% sure if this would work for an ek tho. But hopefully it will.

Reynaldo7
14-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Why not just get a new pipe and filter panel and just replace your stock ones, I've yet to see drastic difference in performance from that compared to the pod filter set up.

Would love to be proved wrong though, might make me change my mind on things, to me it's just a visual upgrade.