PDA

View Full Version : 05 Honda Civic

AMC
06-11-2007, 09:31 PM
i purchased a switchblade key from overseas for my 05 Honda civic and i had it cut and programmed to my car but it wont start. i had honda to try reprogramme it but it still doesnt work. can someone please help me out and tell me who could get this key to work??

ABS121
12-11-2007, 11:27 AM
If your talking about the Acura TL key, i dont think its compatible with the Civic. regardless the remote portion of the fob runs a different frequency to the ones used in Oz so the buttons arent going to work anyway.

i purchased a switchblade key from overseas for my 05 Honda civic and i had it cut and programmed to my car but it wont start. i had honda to try reprogramme it but it still doesnt work. can someone please help me out and tell me who could get this key to work??

AMC
15-11-2007, 04:52 PM
if i cant use the TL key fob in Australia for my 2005 civic then what switchblade key can i use? do you recommend anything else?

ABS121
20-11-2007, 10:46 AM
non of them will work with your car.. only two acura's use switchblades at this stage and they run different remote button frequnecies to ours, so it wont work.

you'll have to wait till honda, more specifically honda JDM cars have them, their remotes are similar to ours.