PDA

View Full Version : Which whereis DVD do I get for my SatNav?

GreekWidStyle
07-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Hey Everyone,

I have an Accord Euro 2006 luxury model with SatNav. I called Whereis and Honda to get the latest SatNav disc earlier on in the year with no chance in finding out which update DVD I need to get from the whereis website, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows which model to get so I can update to a newer version disc. It's had me really cranky because I paid how much for a SatNav and in the end I cannot even update the disks. Anyway any help would be great, thanks guys!

Lukey13
07-11-2007, 06:27 AM
In January 2007 a new edition was released. I think it was version 13.

When I got my new Euro in April 2007, it didn't come with this newer version. So I complained and Honda ordered the new one and gave it to me for free. They also installed the Multimedia Player for free (apparently worth $1000) because I had incorrectly been told prior to purchase that MP3s could be played in the car.

I believe Honda charge something like $800 for the navigation DVD upgrade.

neborama
07-11-2007, 07:56 AM

When I got my new Euro in April 2007, it didn't come with this newer version. So I complained and Honda ordered the new one and gave it to me for free. They also installed the Multimedia Player for free (apparently worth $1000) because I had incorrectly been told prior to purchase that MP3s could be played in the car.

Yeah $800 or so for the SatNav DVD, ****en rip. I wonder how long before a new updated DVD will come out ? :confused:
I think I'll try and burn a copy instead of actually buying one lol.

Btw Luke what's the Multimedia player?

geekmonkey
07-11-2007, 07:58 AM

Wow thats pretty good....

hongster
07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
yeah im down if we all chip in and get a few burnt copys (incase one melts)
or someone host it and we download it

i think we'll have to get instructions on how to load the new disc etc too

GreekWidStyle
07-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the reply guys!

That's way too expensive, I looked at www.whereis.com.au and they have update discs there for around $300-$400 but don't know which GPS brand is fitted into the car, and when I asked from honda what brand it is they didn't know themselves. I even called head office at the time and they still didn't know, plus they didn't have the update discs at the time.

Now there is a new update disc (version 14) comming out (I'm using version 12 at the moment). If I can't find it again I'm gonna have to search for someone who has the discs to make a copy at least of the new version and just buy it off them.

Afterall if neither whereis or honda want to help me in finding the DVD update, they can get *****ed. :D

yumcha
23-01-2008, 09:53 PM
i have version 13
tried making a back-up (to preserve the original $400 disc!)
after inserting the back-up the system boots ok,
shows Honda Navigation wallpaper, press OK...
maps comes up on screen...
the disc skips a bit then shows "unable to read DVD..."
any suggestions?

EuroSteve
23-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I don't have any specific experience with Euro Satnav drive, but it could be the type of media you're using. (eg, brand, dvd-r vs. dvd+r)

Also try burning at the slowest speed your DVD burner will burn at.

S.

Psy
24-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Why not everyone with the SatNav systems all team up and chip in to buy one disc and then copy for each other.

*cough*

spentan
25-01-2008, 07:16 PM
any1 got version 14 yet? i have 13 atm, and was trying to chase up a version 14 for the Euro, but Honda Australia says that 14 for the Euro, doesn't exist.

NeoNode
25-01-2008, 09:41 PM
You do know what you guys are talking about is entirely illegal, not to mention being discussed on a public viewed forum where cops might be present at any time...

Psy
26-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I think it's just sarcasm :P

breninoz
26-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I did back up my Sat Nav vs13 DVD (just for security of a backup, if anyone cares) and am running off the backup with no obvious problems. I've been told the Legend owners have been promised the new map version, but was also told the Legend is a different Sat Nav brand and their DVD won't work in the Accord.