PDA

View Full Version : Go the mighty Camry

MTX BOY
20-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Me ( 93 vtec sedan) pulled up next to a modded up camry at some lights. He reved it up like the toss would haha ..as i just bought my car 3 days before i didnt have any mods or an exhaust to rev haha but i did anyway. lights went green, 1st gear pretty even (camry was auto) 2nd gear... Vtec ...bubye camry 3rd gear game over hahah.. i loved it :lol:

Teggy-Vtir
20-10-2003, 08:10 PM
=)) hehe nothin beats hondas =))

neways shouldnt dis b posted on kill stories??

MTX BOY
20-10-2003, 08:19 PM
yeh sorry haha i dunno what happened it just became a new topic! It wont happen agian... :oops: 8)

mo
20-10-2003, 08:42 PM
yeh sorry haha i dunno what happened it just became a new topic! It wont happen agian... :oops: 8)

hehe i think u click on new topic instead of new reply :D

vti-2
20-10-2003, 08:46 PM
yeh sorry haha i dunno what happened it just became a new topic! It wont happen agian...

:lol:

dc2r
20-10-2003, 11:20 PM
I have a friend who keeps telling me which cars will beat my Type-R. At one time he says "you know what'll beat you in a race? The Sportivo Camry!" and I just laughed at him... :lol:

SiNH
21-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I have a friend who keeps telling me which cars will beat my Type-R. At one time he says "you know what'll beat you in a race? The Sportivo Camry!" and I just laughed at him... :lol:

LOLOLOL, Im not a Honda expert by any means but I know that the R is a 7 second car and it being beaten by a 9 second Camry? Hahahaha!

I dont know what planet your friend is from but here on earth the winner is always the first car that crosses the finish line.

toE
21-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Dont be too proud of the car dere man...

Credit goes to the driver too ;)

SLAVE
21-10-2003, 12:17 PM
You, uh, beat a camry? lol. Picking unfair fights, lol. ;)

MTX BOY
21-10-2003, 06:27 PM
hey! haha he started it! :lol: nah he deserved it to! :D The corolla spotivo's are quicker then the camry sportivo's? true?

Civic Type R
21-10-2003, 06:45 PM
The new corolla sportivo have the 140 kw celica engine in them !
but i dont know how heavy they are .. ?

MTX BOY
21-10-2003, 07:47 PM
yeh me and my mate took one for a test drive the other day and the dealer was in the car and he let us flog it even drag it.. they fly ! yeah not sure wat the camry specs are though?

dc2r
22-10-2003, 07:23 PM
yeah the corolla sportivo has the celica engine. but they are heavy and therefore slowed down a bit. i reckon a civic vti-r vs a corolla sportivo would be a pretty good race, if both are stock standard....

MTX BOY
22-10-2003, 07:55 PM
ok thats evryones task! find soprtivos camry or corolla and drag them ( on private property ofcourse ) then paste them here? deal? :wink:

SLAVE
23-10-2003, 08:15 AM
I dont rate those corolla's. I've beaten one quite well, and it was the corolla that started the run. So dont know whats going on there. Same as the SP20's, Meeg's saw me lay one of them out very easily.

dc2r
23-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Haha SLAVE. Now you're picking on unfair fights here. I don't know which CRX you have and what mods you've done, but an SP20? They are quick cars but with only 100kw or so, and heavier than a CRX. But a Corolla sportivo does have 140kw.

I have never seen a Sportivo on the road. I would love to see one though :D

SLAVE
23-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Lol, yah, Im sick of these modern so called "Hot Hatches" when so many of them are just piss weak!

sesshoumaru
23-10-2003, 05:30 PM
according to motor magazine, the stats for the corolla sportivo are:

-1.8ltr dohc
-141kw/180nm
-1224kg

0-100 - 8.21
0-400 - 16.0

MEH.... give me one to race any day of the week!

wynode
23-10-2003, 05:33 PM
I have never seen a Sportivo on the road. I would love to see one though

Looks just like a normal corolla with the factory kit.

luzinit
23-10-2003, 07:15 PM
I dont rate those corolla's. I've beaten one quite well, and it was the corolla that started the run. So dont know whats going on there. Same as the SP20's, Meeg's saw me lay one of them out very easily.

slave are u talkin about the older gold ones with a lil turbo?? that car is pretty crappy, but theres a new one now, 14X kw celica engine but heavier.. i'd be interesting to see it go against my EK4! heheh, pretty nice car tho, leather heated seats n stuff :)

Weq
24-10-2003, 12:03 AM
the corrola has a better power to weight at 8.6 VS vti-r ek4 at 9.5. But ud need to see the dyno charts to compare them any further, as peak power doesnt mean everything.

Civic Type R
24-10-2003, 12:29 PM
i was on a cruise last friday and a red new corolla pulled up next to us. He revved and tried to drag me. I downshifted and booted it and left them for dead. A 5- 10 length car kill over 200m.
At the next checkpoint i found out it was not a sportivo.

But anyways .. how the fark can that sportivo weigh so much ! damn !!
our EK4s are heavy as its fully laden with everything but where can you get another 100kgs in there ?

PIN01S
06-11-2003, 12:54 PM
ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP.... I LINED UP AGAINT DC2R AND MY FRIEND IN HIS 94 MODEL CAMRY, DC2R WAS BY HIMSELF AND MY FRIEND IN HIS CAMRY WAS BY HIMSELF TOO BUT I HAD MY LIL BRO WID ME... SO LIGHTS TURN GREEN AND AS I EXPECTED DC2R WAS LONG GONE AND MY FREIND HAD A GOOD START.... THE CAMRY AND I WERE EQUAL BY THE END OF 2ND AND THEN I PULLED AWAY ON THIRD.... HAHAHA... HE SAID THAT HE DIDNT HAVE THE POWER BUTTON ON AND I SAID I HAD MY BROTHER IN MY CAR SOO NEXT TIME.... AND WE FINALLY CAUGHT UP TP DC2R AFTER HE SLOWED DOWN LOL........

A'PEXi
27-11-2003, 09:30 PM
how bout the new celica then? with the engine which the corolla sportivo took into play :D

SLAVE
03-12-2003, 03:40 PM

slave are u talkin about the older gold ones with a lil turbo?? that car is pretty crappy, but theres a new one now, 14X kw celica engine but heavier.. i'd be interesting to see it go against my EK4! heheh, pretty nice car tho, leather heated seats n stuff :)

nah it was some new corolla, alloys, zaust etc, girl driving it was baiting me up at the lights, ripped her.

dcii_sir
10-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi guys.. my friend who drives a civic hatch (EG model) with a b16a had a drag with the new camry sportivo... He lost.. i dunno what to say.. i was lost for words.. he told me that first 2 gears the same but by 3rd.. camry was pulling away from him.. :?

dc2r
10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
those 6 or 8 cylinder cars will get you at top end.... but I think that an EG with a b16a in it should have beaten him easy...

FR33K
15-03-2004, 08:11 PM
ive raced a corrola sportivo.. theyre mm not that fast for 141kw vs my 96kw Teg Ls..hehehe i got an exhaust and so did he.. duno what else he had but it sounded like an animal !! anyway 0-100 was pretty much dead even but i couldnt keep up with his vvti in 3rd.. got me by bout 1 1/2 car lengths..

tofu R
15-03-2004, 08:44 PM
actually i know this white Camry .. that will actually put a lot of people on this forum to shame on the old road ..

auto, 4 cylinder, with just a muffler ..
im sure there are other people that can vouch for this car as well

totti
15-03-2004, 09:15 PM
lol...wheres danny and his oddessy :P

joneblaze
15-03-2004, 09:51 PM
actually i know this white Camry .. that will actually put a lot of people on this forum to shame on the old road ..

*sigh*.... he speaks the truth.... :oops:

LOL

dc2r
16-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Please tell us how a 4-cyl auto camry can beat most guys on this forum? :shock:

Calvo
16-03-2004, 09:01 AM
umm... my parents have a Camry Vienta Grande, top of the line model (think 2001/2002, the last of the old shape). i can say they do boot pretty hard, torque baby :D
V6 auto, ive put many p-platers to shame in it...

wynode
16-03-2004, 02:03 PM

Wasn't that quick around the corners though........

tofu R
16-03-2004, 02:54 PM

hmm ..
i dont think weve ever met wyn ..
what brings u to this conclusion
its only fast on the corners..
not in a straight... screw straights i wasnt even talking about red light gp ..

JAP88R
16-03-2004, 04:10 PM

*sigh*.... he speaks the truth.... :oops:

LOL

whats with the *sigh* jon? cant face reality? ;)

which car were u in?

hmm ..

thats right.. 8)

fried
16-03-2004, 05:10 PM
hahaha.....

all balls...

ginganggooly
17-03-2004, 01:33 AM
was it a purple camry with chomes by any chance?

wynode
17-03-2004, 07:56 AM

hmm ..

Maybe i've got the wrong camry.......I just read you said 4 cylinder but I remember someone telling me its a 6cyl manual?? I'm sure it was white and had a zorst.....or maybe he was relaxing that day :?

Its EG Si BTW

JAP88R
17-03-2004, 04:12 PM
was it a purple camry with chomes by any chance?

me man.. haha

not tat.. :p