PDA

View Full Version : adjusting the beam height on the headlights

rahul
07-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Hi All,

lowered my CD5 and now i need to raise the headlight beam.

how do i do it?

thanks

Rahul

sugz
07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
why do you need to raise the beam pattern?!
shouldnt have much of a difference anyway
how much lower is your car now?!

shadou
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
there should be a small gear that requires a phillips head screw driver on the headlight unit (look down under the bonnet), use the screw driver and adjust the gear, it'll slowly lower/raise the projection

beeza
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
^^ that's the one.Don't raise it too high though.Nothing worse than the the car's light's behind you blinding ya in your mirrors! :)

rahul
07-11-2007, 09:13 PM
why do you need to raise the beam pattern?!
shouldnt have much of a difference anyway
how much lower is your car now?!

the car is 1.8 in lower and i do notice the difference. on couple of occasions had to use high beam for a short period

^^ that's the one.Don't raise it too high though.Nothing worse than the the car's light's behind you blinding ya in your mirrors!

i did have a look, which side of the headlight does is the adjustment knob and do you know the legal beam height at a given distance?

beeza
07-11-2007, 09:26 PM
It will be on the top and bottom.Phillips head screw.Park your car 3m away from a wall and shine your lights on it,then adjust them until they are slightly lower than the centre of the lights.Put a X on the wall where centre is,if needed.

rahul
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
thanks...i'll give it go

beeza
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Your welcome.If you have a manual for your car,it will show you how to do it with pics :)