PDA

View Full Version : i/h/e rough kw gain ?

diffuzn
08-11-2007, 01:22 AM
hi all, i'm a student who owns a dc2 and i just want some extra power so i searched the forums and it seems the right idea is for intake headers exhaust. At the moment i have a hks air filter but how many kw ROUGHLY would i be gaining?

I know it comes down to how much i'm willing to spend but considering i'm a student on $15.80 wages does anyone have a rough idea of price and gains?

cheers guys

Int3gra-T
08-11-2007, 01:24 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699

dsp26
08-11-2007, 11:54 AM
the fact you said "Some extra power" and that your on budget should autamatically tell you to go for the cheap stuff as you can't afford to chase maximal gains on an NA.

the cheap stuff will give you bang for buck... check thread mentioned above... but i dare say start with the x-force headers

***EDIT***
exhaust components are expensive and one of those things you don't want to have to spend on twice...
KNOW your goal and what you plan to do... ie, don't get 2inch exhaust when you know you will need to upgrade to 2.5 later....

OR save up the cashe and get everything done in bulk, that you know yo have a combo that works well together for the money (assuming you did your research of piecing bits together)

diffuzn
08-11-2007, 03:01 PM
i've searched through the header and exhaust threads in there but couldn't really find what affect xforce headers would have on a vtir, roughly are we talking about +5-8 hp?

anyway cheers for the reply

dsp26
08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
i've searched through the header and exhaust threads in there but couldn't really find what affect xforce headers would have on a vtir, roughly are we talking about +5-8 hp?

anyway cheers for the reply

thats fair rough guess.... remember that any power that parts give will be different depending on what you already have.

For example purposes

Stock cat-back
Add X-Force = +5wkw

2.5mandrel catback
Add X-Force = +8wkw

it's all in the combo dude....

there was a thread in that section that had test results for all the major header brands.. cant find it right now.

Should give you a good indication of what powerband which brand works best at... then decide on piping thickness

ZeForce
08-11-2007, 05:18 PM
You should be able get a decent I/H/E combination for around $1500 which would give a 10-15kw gain at the wheels

diffuzn
08-11-2007, 05:46 PM
thanks guys

fatboyz39
08-11-2007, 06:38 PM
HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING.....

you could go make 2kw or 10kw or -2 kw.

94dc2tegz
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
a piece of string is only as long as the sum of it's parts

ZeForce
08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
The whole is usually greater than the sum of its parts

aimre
08-11-2007, 08:16 PM
a piece of string is only as long as the sum of it's parts

u mean 2x half its length

diffuzn
09-11-2007, 01:04 AM
HOW LONG IS A PIECE OF STRING.....

you could go make 2kw or 10kw or -2 kw.

erm ok... i guess i would be asking how long a peice of string was if i said how many kw would i get if i installed headers? which i didn't. i simply asked for rough examples and estimates on brands and costs.

VT1-R
09-11-2007, 02:03 AM
i have Xforce 4-2-1 and Twin loop catback.. its not bad for a daily driver and add good useable mid range throttle and a gd exhaust tone.. not too loud.. I would say unless u are hardcore or wan maximum gains.. Xforce is the bang for the buck..

If u are hardcore, dun waste time on Xforce.. haha.. go TODA headers and Mugen Twinloop exhaust combo.. you nid to take out a $3k budget to get these two plus intake done.. jus get a J's racing replica intake.. simota makes them... with this 3 done.. you be looking at minimum 10kw atw.. 15kw atw or more if ur engine is great condition.. ur DC2 should see about 100kw atw after this on a conservative dyno.