PDA

View Full Version : standard air box?

ABZY
12-08-2004, 11:41 AM
hey all, when i had my zorst put on a got a cold air intake, like the intake pipe that goes down into the gaurd sort of thing, one day i decided to pull it off to hear what it would sound like with the filter on the short pipe i seen that it had been sucking in a little bit of water (not good). so now my two questions are, when looking at the size of my intake pipe it seemed to be smaller in diameter than my freinds, its the same size at the throttle body, would this affect performance or have no effect? my last question being since my cold air feed sucks in water and cops down here love defects, i was considering using my original air box. run the after market intake tube to the box and have a cold air feed coming from under the box?? does this sound like a good idea or just havin my self on? sorry bout the big post but i wanted to explain it.
thakns all...

mytoycivic
13-08-2004, 10:15 AM
water's never good. i would keep the air box on if the cops love defects, and maybe a cold air intake at the bottom, but do you want to waste that much time???

VTEChnique
13-08-2004, 10:50 AM
remove the under fenderbumper resonator and duct into the botom of your stock airbox..

Setanta
13-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Stock airbox, high-flow filter and you prolly won't notice anything in terms of power output ATW.

ABZY
16-08-2004, 06:58 PM
yeah, the intake i had was down in the front bumber, ie the water prob, yeah i was looking at doing it on sunday, couldn't be bothered stuffin round, i think i'll wait for better weather then put the cold air tube, thanks for the advice anyways