PDA

View Full Version : S/C D16y1

nick_sixx
09-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Hey guys i orginally had my heart set on doing a b16a2 conversion on my eg5 vti, but now im thinking i want to supercharge it as a cheaper option. i dont want a turbo (i know they make more power etc) but i'm more after drivability, and dont want the chronic wheelspin and torque steer that come with a FF turbo. I just want to know if it is in fact do-able, taking into account the SOHC vtec motor, price (hoping to spend around $1.5-$2.5k), and drivability. thanks very much for your input, and if you could pm me any replies that would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

aimre
09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
2.5k >

superchargers are more expensive than a = power turbo setup.

For that money, just get a simple Greddy turbo kit, leave it on 5psi. It will be a bit quicker than a slightly modded b16, but no crazy wheel spin etc.

Ask lukezen, helped him with his car not long ago

LVNIT
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Wheel spin is controlled by your right foot.

You cant really do anything for your budget, unless you do everything yourself.

bennjamin
09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
remember that a super charger is run by the engine itself(off a pulley) , so on such a small engine you wont get the benefit compared to a turbocharger.

BIG v8s etc use super chargers because they have the power to power it lol

hondavti25
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
yeah mate as said above Greddy Turbo kits cheap quality will have good resluts for the money spent. all you need is a cooler and its more or less a full kit.

tekung89
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
turbo charge it :P superchargin runs by belt/pulley, and that would jus be steeling power off ur engine to make power =/ u'd benefit much more from a turbo with less hassle, and if u run into any trouble, there'd be more help about it compared to superchargin the civic, all the best with it

aimre
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
yeah mate as said above Greddy Turbo kits cheap quality will have good resluts for the money spent. all you need is a cooler and its more or less a full kit.

dont need a cooler for low boost

Lukezen27
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
2.5k >

For that money, just get a simple Greddy turbo kit, leave it on 5psi. It will be a bit quicker than a slightly modded b16, but no crazy wheel spin etc.

And loving it.. :thumbsup:

Hey guys i orginally had my heart set on doing a b16a2 conversion on my eg5 vti, but now im thinking i want to supercharge it as a cheaper option. i dont want a turbo (i know they make more power etc) but i'm more after drivability, and dont want the chronic wheelspin and torque steer that come with a FF turbo. I just want to know if it is in fact do-able, taking into account the SOHC vtec motor, price (hoping to spend around $1.5-$2.5k), and drivability. thanks very much for your input, and if you could pm me any replies that would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

Dude best value for money.

GReedy kit:
$2080 AU
Install:
$600 to $1000 depending on who you know.

Total:
$3000 ish

Outcome:
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's just on 4.5psi after intercooler install....

Plus the GReedy kit won't fall apart like other cheap kits!

OB
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
2.5k >

I'm selling the one off VTC-80Y, if your interested, everything included as a package ie intercooler, piping, ecu.. the lot...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73849

top little setup, quick mod, fun to drive... pm for price!