PDA

View Full Version : DC2; my boots leaking waterr!

xtat1k
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
my boot is leaking, seems like a common problem. i know a couple of people with the same thing. just wondering if anyone knows where it leaks from?

i fried my amp cos i turned on my car with a puddle of water in my boot.
anyone know where its leakin from?

90LAN
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
rubber seals in the boot or holes from spoiler?
maybe rust?

xtat1k
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
no holes in spoiler, covered em up. hmm . could be seals. any other suggestions?

solitz
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
mate i had this same problem and i traced it back to my taillights, i had a whole puddle of water in my bootwell and what i did to fix this was to remove the tailights and then train the water out of them...then i drilled 3 small holes into the bottom of each tailight and resealed them with a new rubber gasket (gasket where the tailight meets the bodywork) and now there is no water in my boot what so ever. very very common problem in integras might i say.
have a look at them 2 sites and try and trace them probelms but im pretty sure its your tailights..thankfully i got this fixed just b4 i got my amp installed ^_^
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1021
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546

pm me if u have any issues..also makesure u get rid of all the alge buildup on the metalwork ><

xtat1k
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
thanks ! will give that a try tomorrow arvo.

Mattski_VTIR
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Being a VTI-R (i'm assume) your Sunroof drain pipes may have come loose! They run from the roof down through to the back of the boot. Check if there connected properly and not blocked. Apart from that the Taillights seems to be the only other option i can think off :thumbsup:

Stoosh
09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I also had this problem! However none of these above solutions was the actual cause!

My problem was the actual sunroof drain tubing didnt come apart but there is a little nipple that the water drains from that sits on the inside of the rear bumper, one on each side. And both of those had seized up and no water was escaping from the sunroof draining tube.

If your in sydney and need some help send me a PM and ill give you some more details

Mattski_VTIR
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
I also had this problem! However none of these above solutions was the actual cause!

My problem was the actual sunroof drain tubing didnt come apart but there is a little nipple that the water drains from that sits on the inside of the rear bumper, one on each side. And both of those had seized up and no water was escaping from the sunroof draining tube.

If your in sydney and need some help send me a PM and ill give you some more details

Yep thats what i was trying to explain, happened to my bros car :thumbsup: Good explanation

magicmike
09-11-2007, 04:54 PM
had the same problem on my teg .. found out that the water was from the tail lights ..

my cousin just stripped the back interior and sprayed water onto the car while i was inside checkin for the leaks .. and yeah .. found out that it was coming from tail lights ..

xtat1k
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses guys ! will try all of the suggested and let you know what my leak was =D