PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Pod filter set-up

Gio
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, as you know i have been trying to get as much info on connecting a pod filter to my 98 ek civic. I havnt had much luck at the moment as i need to find a way to push cool air into the engine bay close to where the pod will sit.

How did you guys get the cool air comming up under or around the pod? Is there a way to use the stock pipe from the air box to feed the pod?

Hit me with some of the things you have done to get the air flowing to the pod. Pics would be appreciated, thanks :)

Chris.

hondavti25
09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey mate, if your after bang for buk why not something like the simota CAI just use the K&N pipe you bought instead of the simota one. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59400

Gio
09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
ahh thats nice, is that a pic of what the set up will do?

shinji112
09-11-2007, 06:14 PM
just get some air conditioning ventilation piping. its like made from tough foil and has a metal coil running along it.. maybe 12cm in diameter.. u can get it from like Home Hardware. just run it from ur front bar up where ur resonator used to be and up to ur pod

Gio
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
any watter ever make its way up the pipe?

kn1ghtm4r3
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
^ nah it wouldnt make it up. unless maybe u vtec when u see puddles lmao.

but its a full ghetto setup lol

get a cai or sri =)

shinji112
10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
an actual CAI would be good.. but even a SRI would have heatsoak probs.. so the chatty aircon venting would help

but ahrdly any water would make it up this piping.. even if it did u could get an oiled air filter like a K&N which would solve that prob

Gio
10-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah thats what i have, an oiled K&N pod filter. I went to autobarn today and the dude told me that a pod is only illegal if its exposed in the engine bay. So to overcome this he siad goto an exhaust shop and get the dude to bend u some stainless steel so the pod sits behind the front bar :)