PDA

View Full Version : ITR Shift Linkage -> Eg

zel05
09-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever fitted the ITR shift linkage (support bar) to an eg civic...I have one lying around with the itr gearknob on it and unfortunately, the gearknob doesn't fit the current gear shifter...my only option at the moment is to fit the itr linkage...

I have a feeling it will be too long...any help?

ekhybrid
10-11-2007, 12:40 AM
no it will be fine

90LAN
10-11-2007, 08:17 AM
it will fit perfect and it will have a a better shift feel to it to
if yours isnt a itr shift linkage already

Tu88y
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
it will fit if you have a b series motor

zel05
10-11-2007, 09:51 AM
well thats the thing.

I took mine out last night after i posted this...

the type r one i have is about 5-10 cm longer. Without bolting it up, i cannot see how it will fit.

Unless there is a difference between the JDM and AUDM shift linkages? ie. i have a b18cr, and the shift linkage i have here is from an audm itr.

Maybe i'll give it another go

Oh, and im not confusing myself with shift linkages and stabiliser bars am I. Maybe the stabiliser bar doesn't fit...thats what i have...hmm

zel05
10-11-2007, 10:55 AM
it will fit perfect and it will have a a better shift feel to it to
if yours isnt a itr shift linkage already

by the looks of it...the linkage from the bottom of the gear shifter to the back of the gearbox has been hacked and welded a couple of times...trying to get a hold of this part in the ITR version at the moment. (any idea on how to remove it from the gearbox?)

It also looks as if the mount that holds the stabiliser bar to the gearbox has seen the light of the welder far too many times before.

I guess its the price you pay in a pioneering b swap...lol

90LAN
10-11-2007, 10:58 AM
i knew the owner of the conversion
he would of used the eg vti shift linkages and welded it to suit
as his conversion did not come with shift linkages
just a guess

by the looks of it...the linkage from the bottom of the gear shifter to the back of the gearbox has been hacked and welded a couple of times...trying to get a hold of this part in the ITR version at the moment. (any idea on how to remove it from the gearbox?)

It also looks as if the mount that holds the stabiliser bar to the gearbox has seen the light of the welder far too many times before.

I guess its the price you pay in a pioneering b swap...lol

bennjamin
10-11-2007, 03:58 PM
OR he could of used DEL SOL shift linkage.

Anyway , B series shift linkage will fit the car it comes in IE EK / EG / DC.

zel05
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Well im not sure what was done...but it was quite dodgy non the less.

A "custom" bracket was welded up for the old eg stabiliser bar...I found the proper mounting point for the b series stabiliser bar on the otherside of the shift linkage part of the gearbox.

The shift linkage i have is a "custom" job once again. The combination of the itr stabiliser bar and the old civic shift linkage causes them to knock together when shifting...I will be looking to grab the itr shift linkage to seal the conversion...

geez, all this for an itr knob...lol

zel05
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM
well just to let you all know that i went to get the itr shift linkage today...and well, the "bitch pin" got the better of me today.

Will try again later.

But apart from that...i would not recommend using an itr stabiliser and eg shift linkage...as you will find it semi difficult to get into reverse and sometimes 4th.

lol