PDA

View Full Version : Stock civic exhaust

Gio
10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone, i was thinking about getting a straight through performance exhaust to get my Ek breathing better but my grese monkey mate thinks that the Ek exhaust is a half decent exhaust.

We found that the majority of the exhaust is 2 inch then forming into a shitty 1 inch connection toward the back of the car just before the 2nd muffler. He said that i should just goto an exhaust place and get the 1 inch muffler end taken off and get a 2 inch performance muffler put on it so that its 2 inches all the way through.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Chris

90LAN
10-11-2007, 10:49 AM
depends what motor u have....
looks like a d16 ..... i wouldnt worry about it imo
just get a panel filter and remove the resonator box in your front bar out for your intake to breath better

yesiamaturk
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
most people get exhausts for there sound, if you were to go to an exhaust shop and get one they can custom make you one or modify yours for your needs your best bet is going to and exhaust shop and asking there

Gio
10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Yeah i want one to make the car breathe better thats all.

And what is a resonator, whats it do and where is it?

1996ek1
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Resonator is just big air box, its located in your front bumper. Your airbox joins to abit of pipe which joins to the resonator.

Dunno what it does, apart from waste space?

zco
11-11-2007, 07:12 PM
off topic.. but to answer the reply above.. resonators are there to lower the induction noise.