PDA

View Full Version : Changing headlights Accord - FFS!@#$%^

drunkntigr
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok now I'm changing the left headlight (not high beam) of my 98 model accord, the side closer the battery.

Got rid of the black cover, can't pull out the damn white plug from the headlight connector, which means I can't turn the socket as the white socket is wedge between barriers, and can't use a screwdriver to unscrew the screws as the damn air filter intake of the engine is in the way, and I won't be able to remove it without removing the whole damn air filter intake, this is my 3rd try already over several weeks.

Dad took it to the mechanics who couldn't figure out how to do it either at a quick glance without much difficulty.

Now I'm determined to get this damn thing changed.

URGH

Anybody got any hand tips, ffs what idiot designed a headlight like this.

accord97
18-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm also have the same problem.

The manual says i need to remove the air filter.

When i look at the air filter, i see two big bolts, one on the front and one on the back. Do i just need to remove these to get the filter out ?

Also, where can i get good replacement bulbs from.

Thanks.

garbev
23-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I pulled the light assemblies out completely to do mine a bit of a job as you have to remove the bumper cover, took about an hour all up.

shadou
23-11-2007, 10:00 PM
lol there are simpler ways of doing the globe change on a post 2000 accord, I think it may have involved undoing part of the front bumper and then getting access to it from there, that's from memory did like one and that was back in 2005 so only guessing again

KruZzN
24-11-2007, 02:26 PM
on my bros accord, i just removed the front bumper or at least part of it and stuck em in! last time i did that i actually put in two whole new headlights though, so you might only need to take part of it off and not all of it! hope you got it done!

4ccord98
01-12-2007, 03:04 AM
OOT: Does you 98 honda accord head light fog up?

SiReal
03-12-2007, 07:03 PM
omg i seriously cannot believe its so difficult to change the headlight bulbs on a v6 accord. it takes me 10 minutes max on my 4 cyl.

Removing airbox is simple. disconnect intake hose and probably undo a couple of 10mm bolts.

Hans Bond
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
seems now the cg/ck accord are getting popular these days.. i've not seen many cg/ck in oz honda last year?