PDA

View Full Version : Honda Warranty.....???? How does it work?

Miz_II_Die_IV
12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi guys....
Well jsut a few questions to ask b4 i ring honda...
I have a 2006 Euro... Im the 2nd owner for the car....my question is.... how does my warranty work... When i purchased the car i sent off the slip in the book for the ownership thingy.... Do i still have warranty for the car... its a 2006 model and has done roughly around 16000kms.... so yeah.... the problems i am having now are listed below... can you please tell me if they are covered under warranty..

1. Slight vibration when braking....
2. Steering wheel not in centre.... (slightly to the right)
3. Back cover of driver side fallen off.... Tried to put it bak on.... broke a clip.. purchased a new one but still doesnt work???
4.front right hand side shaft boot is leaking??? ( something to do with the transmission)

With number 4....When i purchased the car... i had it inspected and thats what they told me on the report...

Can anyone tell me what is covered under warranty... I dun wanna get a huge bill at the end... also i just did my service at 15000kms.. so yeah will they just fix those problems for me???

johnprocter
12-11-2007, 04:35 PM
i also have 1. when iam breaking down a hill but i only find it happens within 10mins of me starting up the car..

EuroAccord13
12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
1. Rotors might be warped, it can still be machined if there is enough rotor left.
2. Alignment is off slightly, needs a wheel alignment, but it's ok if it is only abit off.
3. What is back cover of driver side???
4. Go get it fixed under warranty...

Miz_II_Die_IV
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
well you know the back of the driver side... where there is that pocket thing... somehow it fell off... i think the street direcctory is abit too acient.... lol... that thing... the whole panel fell of... thanx god i got a gps..lol... hmm... btw... 1, 2, 3 arent covered... confused***

aaronng
12-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi guys....
I have a 2006 Euro... Im the 2nd owner for the car....my question is.... how does my warranty work... When i purchased the car i sent off the slip in the book for the ownership thingy.... Do i still have warranty for the car... its a 2006 model and has done roughly around 16000kms.... so yeah.... the problems i am having now are listed below... can you please tell me if they are covered under warranty..

3. Back cover of driver side fallen off.... Tried to put it bak on.... broke a clip.. purchased a new one but still doesnt work???
4.front right hand side shaft boot is leaking??? ( something to do with the transmission)

With number 4....When i purchased the car... i had it inspected and thats what they told me on the report...

Can anyone tell me what is covered under warranty... I dun wanna get a huge bill at the end... also i just did my service at 15000kms.. so yeah will they just fix those problems for me???
1. Deposits on the rotor. Changing to aftermarket brake pads might help. Machining the rotors is a temporary fix as it will just come back. Dealer might or might not cover it depending on how nice they are. (rotors are a wear item and not covered under warranty)

2. The toe on the front wheels is slightly to the left. The next time you go to the tyre shop to do a wheel alignment, tell them about it and they can set the front toe slightly to the right for both wheels so that the steering wheel comes back to the middle.

3. If you already have the new cover, get your dealer to install the new cover for you. They might charge you for it but at least you can get it fixed. Just leave your street directory on the rear seat floor.

4. Probably the CV joint boot. Yes, get it replaced under warranty.

LXRY
12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi guys....

1------> not covered

2------> not covered

3 ------> Do you mean the back of the seat ? If so should be covered unless you tampered with it or if their is a manufacturing fault.

4------> should be covered.

*read the warranty card should have come with your car it should be with the service manual/books

EUR003act
14-11-2007, 09:03 PM
1. Deposits on the rotor. Changing to aftermarket brake pads might help. Machining the rotors is a temporary fix as it will just come back. Dealer might or might not cover it depending on how nice they are. (rotors are a wear item and not covered under warranty)

2. The toe on the front wheels is slightly to the left. The next time you go to the tyre shop to do a wheel alignment, tell them about it and they can set the front toe slightly to the right for both wheels so that the steering wheel comes back to the middle.

3. If you already have the new cover, get your dealer to install the new cover for you. They might charge you for it but at least you can get it fixed. Just leave your street directory on the rear seat floor.

4. Probably the CV joint boot. Yes, get it replaced under warranty.

thats why we love you aaronng lol :p

if you were a transformer, you'd be bumble bee!

tony1234
15-11-2007, 06:23 AM
since you're female just sweet talk the service guy and they should fix all of your problems.:p

BiLL|z0r
15-11-2007, 06:46 AM
The brake issue IS covered by wty.

I've had my pads replaced twice & rotors machined then replaced all under wty.

tony1234
15-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Re:issue no.1.I've now got 28k on my car now with aftermarket pads that were installed at 7k.NO pulsating,steering wheel shake at all.Get rid of the OEM pads,they're crap.

aaronng
15-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Re:issue no.1.I've now got 28k on my car now with aftermarket pads that were installed at 7k.NO pulsating,steering wheel shake at all.Get rid of the OEM pads,they're crap.

Same here, after going to aftermarket pads, zero pulsations!

Suntzu
15-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I want after market pads but suntzu is confused about what to get. theres so many threads and opinions!

tony1234
15-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I've got Delphi(from Japan)0-500c,good pedal feel,got them from IS in sydney.Aaron has Hawks,he reckons they're good as well.Endless are supposedly good as well.One of the traders here has them MAX-HONDAPOWER.

r-r-redEuro
15-11-2007, 09:27 PM
how much are endless ? im looking at some brembos, but abit expensive there.

EuroAccord13
15-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I've got both Endless and Hawks on my car.. The Endless pair for the front retails for around 200 a pair....

tony1234
16-11-2007, 06:15 AM
I've got both Endless and Hawks on my car.. The Endless pair for the front retails for around 200 a pair....
What's your opinion on the Endless?Which ones are they SSY or SSS?

EuroAccord13
16-11-2007, 03:24 PM
I would recommend SSS for street use plus a bit of spirited track work :)

My tuner gave his thumb of approval after testing them.....

aaronng
16-11-2007, 04:39 PM
SSS has better initial bite than the Hawk Ceramic. But both pads can lock up the tyres and engage ABS when braking hard. SSS is more expensive than Hawks. I paid $260 for both front and rear Hawk Ceramic.

LXRY
17-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Same here, after going to aftermarket pads, zero pulsations!

This has happened to my brakes aswell..............slight pulsation and slight steering shakes under braking.

Thanks..............you guys are legends ;)

aaronng
17-11-2007, 06:50 PM
This has happened to my brakes aswell..............slight pulsation and slight steering shakes under braking.

Thanks..............you guys are legends ;)

After you install your pads, let them bed in properly. Then after that, go for a nice firm and hard brake from 100 to 20km/h without locking your wheels. That should clean off the old deposits.

My rotors used to be patchy grey. I could see the outline of the rear pads where it had the handbrake on whiel warm. After using the new pads, the grey patches are gone.

tony1234
17-11-2007, 07:07 PM
After you install your pads, let them bed in properly. Then after that, go for a nice firm and hard brake from 100 to 20km/h without locking your wheels. That should clean off the old deposits.

My rotors used to be patchy grey. I could see the outline of the rear pads where it had the handbrake on whiel warm. After using the new pads, the grey patches are gone.
Exactly.Try changing the pads and bedding them in as per what Aaron said and i 'd be surprised if you needed to get your discs machined.My discs went from a slight orange/brown colour to a nice smooth"polished steel"look after i changed the pads.

EUR003act
17-11-2007, 07:08 PM
SSS has better initial bite than the Hawk Ceramic. But both pads can lock up the tyres and engage ABS when braking hard. SSS is more expensive than Hawks. I paid $260 for both front and rear Hawk Ceramic.

do you have part numbers for thew hawk pads?

and where is the best plce to try find them? thanks

aaronng
17-11-2007, 07:13 PM
do you have part numbers for thew hawk pads?

and where is the best plce to try find them? thanks

Don't have the part number with me now, but you can just check tsxparts.com. That's where I got mine from. Get the ones for the TSX.

EuroAccord13
18-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Different pads require different styles of breaking them in but I mostly do 60-20km/h moderate braking (in excess of 25 sets) to get the initial bite in...

Best to check what the manufacturer's recommend...

aaronng
18-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Different pads require different styles of breaking them in but I mostly do 60-20km/h moderate braking (in excess of 25 sets) to get the initial bite in...

Best to check what the manufacturer's recommend...

With the Hawk Ceramics, it's 1 long stop from 80mph to 20mph to warm up and then a hard stop from 80 to 20 mph again. Repeat about 3 times and it's all set. I think the Hawk Ceramic pads were the first ones that I have seen that need such a hard breaking in.

hongster
26-01-2008, 06:39 PM
anyone know how/what honda say to upgradeing rims????

do they still cover the gear box,tourque converter etc.. if you put big heavy chromies or big jap rims under it??? i want to upgrade the wheels but scared they'll see it next servicing and void my warrenty??

i also wanted to lower it a few inches but again damn warrenty i know itll void if i change springs and shocks...

it would be cool if they said - wheels are ok, and only the bits you replaced (springs/shox) are your problem if they break,, but i dont think they would as it would/could put extra strain on other components so they wouldnt want a bar of it..

can anyone shed some light on my soon to be problem i will email honda next week but would mind bit of a heads up before i know what to do.

also from previous post's this week regarding turning circles of the lux, i wonder what honda would say if i put the 07 lux 17's under my tourer??? as people say the shock/spring combo are frimer to accomdate the lower profile tyres

hongster
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
? anyone help ^^^^ as above

(still no official response from honda)

LXRY
05-02-2008, 04:57 AM
If you lower your car and lowering causes damage warranty void.....ownus is you to prove otherwise. You signed agreeing that if you mod warranty void.

Lets say if you lowered your car and it caused a squeek or thump/noise in your suspension, this wouldn't be covered under warranty, it doesn't effect warranty on the rest of the car.

If your mod causes damage to your car and you can't prove otherwise warranty void..........don't see how larger wheels would cause damage. Me personally 18" is best.

Hope this helps

EUR003act
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
as LXRY said... if you put 18s on, and 2months later your piston shoots thru the rocker cover... no your warranty will not be void...

however, if u put 18s on and you suspension causes havock, or you get squeaks/rattles/noises in the cabin, honda might try blame your wheels..

hongster
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
sweet as no response by emailing honda HQ , ill just pop into a dealer and get them to write something down on paper .........

LXRY
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
sweet as no response by emailing honda HQ , ill just pop into a dealer and get them to write something down on paper .........

Don't hold your breathe with honda aust.....hehehe. Try a few dealers aswell, they all different

wpn.ls
09-02-2008, 06:50 PM
thats why we love you aaronng lol :p

if you were a transformer, you'd be bumble bee!

Why a bumble bee?

Someone tell me :confused: lmao

EUR003act
09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Why a bumble bee?

Someone tell me :confused: lmao

bumble bee is the name of the coolest transformer... the best one... hence, aaronng would be him.... lol

tron07
11-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Jazz and Tracks are the cool ones, not bumblebee...