PDA

View Full Version : H22??

dundas
13-08-2004, 01:09 AM
so how much is the H22(last letter i dont know lol) conversion set people back?
hard to find engine in adelaide?

hmmmz would be nice wouldn't it ehehehe--- just thinking about it at the moment but wouldnt mind knowing the price it would cost.

wanna keep da accord for a while and maybe save up for a lil beast car eheheheh "oldschool import" ehehehehe..or maybe just nice turbo ;) and also keep da accord of course ahahahaha

h22a accord
13-08-2004, 07:54 AM
H22A conversion cost me all up about $4000-$4500.

i got the front cut from www.adelaidejap.com.au

The cut was $3200 + $300 shipping.

I did 95% of the work involved myself which kept costs to a minimum

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
13-08-2004, 08:27 AM
hard to find engine in adelaide?

Adelaide Jap should be able to supply one, i forget their webby but

dundas
13-08-2004, 12:04 PM
ohh adelaide jap--- dats JMS (japanese Motorsport) in adelaide yeah i know where they are, bit expensive arent they... ehehehe---ill be like aww come'on im a student $500 less heheehehe

h22a accord
13-08-2004, 12:21 PM
mate, i didnt want to skimp when it came to buying a front cut. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

I have had no problems with the engine what so ever. it had done a genuine 60000km when i bought it and adelaide jap replced the timing belt as a precaution before I took delivery. they had performed a compression test and they said it put out some high consistant numbers in all 4 cylinders.

everything i needed from the front cut was included.

U can probably get a bare h22a engine for under a grand but thats only a motor. you need the loom, an engine mount, the exhaust 'A' pipe, ECU etc.

Motors in front cuts generally have all the sensors etc fitted and not broken.

if u get just a bare motor, it probably wont come with a warranty like adelaide jap ones and the extra money and stuffing around for the additional parts you require might end up costing as much as a front cut.

the best thing with a front cut is that you can sell off the parts you dont use. Iv'e already sold of parts to a total of over $500

I do not hesitate in recommending adelaide jap as a supplier of good quality 2nd hand front JDM front cuts.

4thGenExi
14-08-2004, 09:19 AM
4.5k all up hey?

Man thats awesome. Say if I were to purchase the front cut but willingly pay someone to fit it (mechanical n00b that I am) - would 6k be a better figure to work with?

toE
14-08-2004, 01:44 PM
try 7 cause you wanna factor in unpredicted problems. ;)

CHU85
16-08-2004, 03:42 PM
mine cos me about 1.5k cos i used my old tranny for boosting purposes and that me and some mates did it over the weekend. Thats including oils too.
If any one wants a long block minus the tranny and comp pm me.