PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my euro lux. finally. :) First thoughts....

kanthan
13-08-2004, 12:06 PM
I picked up my euro last night. Very impressed.

here are my first impressions on the car so far.....(i will add to it as time goes on)

GOOD
- 6 speed gear box is awesome
- extendible arm rest is the perfect thing when driving long kms.
- auto wipers works better then expected
- a decent car manual....some 400+ pages.

BAD
- when car is locked, u need to unlock it before getting out...u cant just pull the leaver as in some other cars (maybe other euro drivers have a solution??)
- getting used to realising the interior console is always lit up...i forgot to turn on the headlights thinking they were already on.
- noticed the interior light gets a hot when turned on a long time.
- Finding out that they charge for the oil at your first 1000Km service! :x
- the headlights seem to project an unusual kink towards the centre left....(maybe needs to alignment)
- plates holder is massive

i have only driven 100kms so far....so when i find other things i like or find annoying, i will post. so far nothing is really to my dislike. just need a bit of getting used to.

yfin
13-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Congratulations!

I found your "bad" list to be amusing as these are really not bad at all. Things that I would say are genuinely bad are - no trip computer and the odd rattle.

Anyway - Re the car needing to be unlocked before getting out - not something that bothers me as I usually drive with the doors unlocked anyway.

There is a green light on the console when your headlights are on.

The first service only costs $60 or so. Not much really.

Your headlights sound fine to me.

ONe thing Nick on this forum pointed out to me which is pretty cool - is the pen holder under the arm rest. See if you can find it.

kanthan
13-08-2004, 12:42 PM
i found the penholder.....did u realise the two other slots are business card holders?

what do u mean by no trip computer?

My bad lists is currently full of annoying things thats all. I am so used to driving cars that light up the interior when the headlights are on. thats all. I will get used to it after a couple of drives. I was annoyed with honda that they are charging me for a oil so soon into the life of the car. I have been quoted $38 for the service...so i guess not bad...other cars that i have had, never charged for the first oil change.

EuroSip
13-08-2004, 12:56 PM
There's a pen holder!! :shock:

yfin
13-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah - there is a pen holder under the lid of the arm rest!

Haven't noticed the business card holders.. will check that out later! Come to think of it - I haven't read through the manual in great detail yet and I picked up the car in January!

Trip computers vary in type but they usually display current and historical fuel consumption, distance to empty, time travelled during trip, average speed, etc.

A trip computer is handy on long distance drives and would have been a nice feature for the Euro - even if an optional extra. Even the Honda Jazz has a trip computer! Go figure.

Your comments about the first oil change are fair enough. For the cost involved to the customer - Honda should make the first service free.

wynode
13-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Don't worry about kanthan, he complains about lifes little things :)

/waits for a drive and the more comments........

kanthan
13-08-2004, 01:49 PM
just spoke to honda spare parts in regards to purchasing a cigarette lighter socket to place under the armrest console. There is a plastic cap covering the socket hole. The other accord has the socket under the armrest. Spare parts thinks i should be able to use the v6 accords part and place it in the euro. (i have seen a picture of the american acura tsx, and they have the lighter socket there).

i am going to drive down 2day or 2morrow and have a look at the specs before ordering the part. Its like $44. Otherwise its gonna be a pain try to charge mobiles and laptop infront of the gear stick.

Archangel
13-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Im grinding my teeth as we speak.

Waiting for my car which they said will be ready on Monday.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Im a patient man........also a compulsive liar....BUT ANYWAYS..

euro77
13-08-2004, 11:47 PM
What plates holder? my car didn't come with any plates holder.

and yes, there is a pen holder and business card slot underneath arm rest. my dealer showed it to me on delivery hehehe...

EuroAccord13
14-08-2004, 02:51 AM
You know what's best?

Do what I do, don't read the manual and discover things yourself LOL!

CHEERS
Nick

toE
14-08-2004, 04:06 AM
congrats mate and lol @ EuroAccord13 :lol:

bigdongers
14-08-2004, 05:40 PM
- the headlights seem to project an unusual kink towards the centre left....(maybe needs to alignment)

This is normal. The headlights are supposed to point slightly to the left to avoid blinding on coming traffic. In LHD markets, the lights point slightly to the right.

wynode
14-08-2004, 07:34 PM
They don't actually 'point to the left' as such. Its more the light that faces oncoming traffic is dipped abit/points lower than the one on the kerb side.

Point your lights at a wall and you'll see the effect.

blueeuro
15-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow there is a Pen holder !! What else don't I know about ?

I agree with you on the doors not un-locking themselves. I ussually lock the doors when driving when I put my wallet or phone just laying on the passenger seat. I have heard of people that will just open the door while you're stopped at lights and grab whatever is on the passenger seat.

Slugoid
15-08-2004, 01:25 PM
My BIGGEST gripe about the Euro is that the handbrake is uterly useless. You pull it (while in motion) and you lock up nothing. Also, it is near impossible to spin your car out at low speeds, even with VSA off ;)

Just went to a advanced driving course yesterday, and the skid pan taught me alot about the Euro.

EuroAccord13
16-08-2004, 12:30 AM
My BIGGEST gripe about the Euro is that the handbrake is uterly useless. You pull it (while in motion) and you lock up nothing. Also, it is near impossible to spin your car out at low speeds, even with VSA off ;)

Just went to a advanced driving course yesterday, and the skid pan taught me alot about the Euro.

Spinning out at low speeds? Isn't that nice? LOL

Where did u go for the skid pan and how much? Me wanna go too!!!

kanthan
16-08-2004, 10:38 AM
I went for a afternoon drive to mornington. I am trying to get to 1000km so i can send it in for service before the weekend. I want to drive to sydney this weekend. about 500kms to go. any other suggestions for drives during the week?

btw...black is such a pain in the rear when it rains....now i know why i enjoyed having a white car. =)

yfin
16-08-2004, 11:53 AM
I went for a afternoon drive to mornington. I am trying to get to 1000km so i can send it in for service before the weekend. I want to drive to sydney this weekend. about 500kms to go. any other suggestions for drives during the week?

btw...black is such a pain in the rear when it rains....now i know why i enjoyed having a white car. =)

Don't know if this is bs or not - but my dealer said when I picked up the car -not to drive the Euro at constant revs for too long (ie Mel to Sydney).

With such low miles on your Euro - maybe turn the cruise control off and play around with the gearbox on your way to Sydney!

Slugoid
16-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Spinning out at low speeds? Isn't that nice? LOL

Where did u go for the skid pan and how much? Me wanna go too!!!

Well at a skidpan, the fastest I could go was around 60km/h....I guess that's what I meant by "low speeds" ;) Plus on a skidpan, it not hard to spin out for most cars.

The course cost me $125 for a full day of driver training, which included a short skid pan session. Did it with Kevin Flynn down at Melbourne.

kanthan
16-08-2004, 03:12 PM
maybe we should organise euro skidpan day? :D

EuroAccord13
17-08-2004, 02:29 AM
I'm up for it! I'll even volunteer to make the call to that place :D

kanthan
17-08-2004, 11:24 AM
maybe work out the numbers and then see what 'discount' they give us.