PDA

View Full Version : Something's missing with my teg

94dc2tegz
13-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey all dc2 owners,

I've got the case of incompleteness with my VTiR. I've had it ever since I got the car. At first I thought it could be cured if I added i/h/e and what not. But I haven't done that as yet. I've got an exhaust sitting my garage which I haven't put on yet which leaves me in a very interesting fork in my 19yo life.

Would I be much more happier with an ITR? Work my ass off and get the car I always wanted and rid myself of the 'what if' feeling I get every day. I mean I'm a uni student on P's but I love to drive (as we all do) and an ITR would've been the most logical step in my car choice. I was aiming for an ITR but because of my need for a car overcame my need for an ITR I got the VTiR and sold out on myself.

I've always justified my purchase to myself and others by saying stuff like "an ITR would cost me twice and much and with that money I could mod my VTiR and still have some! :D" but i know it's not true. It'll never be the ITR and I'll probably regret it for the rest of my life lol when I get older and start to drive camry's and what not.

Point is, i've never driven a ITR and I don't know the difference between my car and the ITR. Is a world of difference? Should I place all my efforts to change my single biggest mistake? I can already perceive all the countless one liner replies of thoughtless people going... "yeah go for it!" but take a thought b4 ur reply cuz hell who doesn't want a typeR over the other variants.

I know it's a long post and most ppl are going to skim or and miss my points completely but thanx for reading to those who sat down and full appreciate my situation.

TeMp
13-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Simple. Go test drive an ITR.

L a z y b O Y
13-11-2007, 10:08 PM
well i own a dc2 vtir myself, when i had the opportunity to drive my mates dc2r it was absolutely awesome. you cannot compare a dc2 vtir to a itr. the handling and the feel of the itr is awesome.
as many people would agree its a total package, a race bred machine.
if you dont wont to spend alot of dosh doing up your vtir then i suggest you go for the itr.
i would personally one day want to own a itr myself.

hope this helps you

94dc2tegz
13-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Simple. Go test drive an ITR.

Most people who have their ITR on sale don't want test drivers.

94dc2tegz
13-11-2007, 10:13 PM
well i own a dc2 vtir myself, when i had the opportunity to drive my mates dc2r it was absolutely awesome. you cannot compare a dc2 vtir to a itr. the handling and the feel of the itr is awesome.
as many people would agree its a total package, a race bred machine.
if you dont wont to spend alot of dosh doing up your vtir then i suggest you go for the itr.
i would personally one day want to own a itr myself.

hope this helps you

Thanx dude. Exactly what I wanted to know. Now I have more motivation to save those pennies!

Although anymore feed-back is welcome.

proto-fenix
13-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I feel exactly the same about my car. I've always wanted an ITR but never had the cash. Only difference is that I've got a GSi, so count yourself lucky.

One day I will own an ITR... don't give up the dream!

94dc2tegz
13-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Haha, yea it is the dream. It is the dream. I just hope I won't get the same feeling once I get there! OMG! I would so hate myself.

proto-fenix
13-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Nah I don't think you will. For me at least, knowing that I've got the ULTIMATE Integra will be enough :)

94dc2tegz
13-11-2007, 10:30 PM
yea even though the newer versions may pump out bigger numbers and have better features the best integra of all time for me will always be the dc2R.

xntrik
13-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah the only way to cure your craving is get an ITR,
I let my mate who owns a VTi-R test drive mine,

Results was he loved it, more response handling & accelerating + others.
Not saying that VTi-R arent good as well.

But it is a good gap between both car's price.

CHILLS
13-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I had a VTiR before my ITR..coz i sold my self back at uni like urself...ITR is worth having at least once...get one while u still can...

T-onedc2
14-11-2007, 07:11 AM
I bought my VTi-R over an ITR at the time purely because there's no sound deadening or sunroof, and I wanted to experiment with various ITR mods. I fitted ITR suspension and what a difference, but I am currently on the prowl for the lowest km ITR possible just so I can own a piece of automotive history.

quenjose
14-11-2007, 08:43 AM
yeah, used to have a 94 gsi teg for about 2 years... was a great car for what it was. Although it was sort of a substitute till i could afford an ITR.
got one now, never been happier. It is WORLDS apart.:thumbsup:

In the course of this transition, some ppl asked me why i was selling my integra to buy another integra that was more than twice the price...

well, i guess they'll never know. :)

CHILLS
14-11-2007, 09:03 AM
they'll never know until u beat em...hehe..

well the VTiR simply teases you with the true capabilities of the type R. When ur in the VTiR u think that its not far from the ITR feel, but once u own one u'l never go back...the sheer balance between power and control is indescribable..

94dc2tegz
14-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I had previously emailed a tuner in regards to getting the full potential out of my car. They had replied to me last night and stated that they could help me get similar performance out of my car as a type R or better!

This was clearly music to my ears and I was quite excited at the time. All my faith was restored but after some time I started thinking again. Even if they could get it upto the same or better power after i/h/e and tune. Would it b the same feel? or is it just pure power? For example will the acceleration still lose out. The ITR cams are more aggressive right? So vtec really KIcks in in ITR right? Spose thats y ppl go 'VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO!'. I've always wondered y ppl say that cuz my vtec is kinda linear... just a litte faster and louder... no kicking around my street.

Anyways, any experiences from people who have messed around with their VTiRs? regrets or pride?

Zilli
14-11-2007, 10:00 AM
i remember when i bought mine almost 8 years ago, i drove the VTIR then the ITR and there was quite the difference... VTIR felt numb, while the ITR felt raw and alive...

i wouldnt mind the sunroof, and the rattles and noisiness you get in an ITR resulting from the suspension setup and everything gets bothersome, but then you find a nice road where you can throw it around a bit and it all makes sense...

go drive one mate

hui
14-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Most people who have their ITR on sale don't want test drivers.

you can drive mine for $10.00/km:cool:

94dc2tegz
14-11-2007, 11:10 PM
you can drive mine for $10.00/km:cool:

wow.. what a bargain.

94dc2tegz
14-11-2007, 11:27 PM
i remember when i bought mine almost 8 years ago, i drove the VTIR then the ITR and there was quite the difference... VTIR felt numb, while the ITR felt raw and alive...

I get the numb feeling! but since i don't know the feeling of an ITR i just pass of it off. But i know it's there! wow i'm missing out lol.

Initially in my head it was GSi<<VTiR<ITR
after reading what u guys are saying it feels like GSi<VTiR<<<ITR
ZOMG! such a fool i am.

akira96
14-11-2007, 11:46 PM
u can never b satisfy with what u got...trust me once u got an itr, u then want an s2k etc and so on...my suggestion is to keep ur vtir or go turbo.

Andw0o
14-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Deffinatly do it man! work work and work to get that car of urs! im in the same boat! full time work, full time student at uni; saving for my own honda.

you wont regret it man! believe me!

94dc2tegz
15-11-2007, 06:47 AM
u can never b satisfy with what u got...trust me once u got an itr, u then want an s2k etc and so on...my suggestion is to keep ur vtir or go turbo.

well, my friend (who has no idea about cars) said the same thing. When I said "i'm selling" he looked at me like a retard. To him a car is a car if it doesn't make funny sounds and is obviously not working well he thinks that it's fine. So he's like why not get a ferrari?(sarcastically obviously)

But the ITR is a possible dream and honestly it's the only car I've always wanted. Sure once I there are ALWAYS better cars but they're like obviously ridiculously expensive and quite obviously a impractical goal. I duno, the ITR to me just makes sense as most ppl will say that the ITR is more value than the other variants.

Vinnie
15-11-2007, 08:32 AM
will you be doing a lot of track work? because honestly thats where all the engineering benefits of the itr shine, if you are just using it as a daily then most of the features you pay more for will go unnoticed. you seem to have put the itr on a pedestal and, not doubting its capability, you have to look at whether the significant price hike from your dc2 is truly justifiable. not to say you can't get one at a later date either (this thread makes them sound almost rare) when you will have finighed uni and have more time and money get the most out of it. :)

BlitZ
15-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Some great comments here...

ITR is a great car.. but heaps of owners upgrade to evos ahaha

sometimes in life u have to make do with what u got... I have been thinkin about upgrading for sometime, but the end of the day it isnt about the fastest lap times or the best handling car..its how u enjoy the car and how much fun it is..

Give me a huyundai lantra.. i'll strip the Farker and track it.. watch me smile

94dc2tegz
15-11-2007, 06:32 PM
end of the day it isnt about the fastest lap times or the best handling car..its how u enjoy the car and how much fun it is..

Give me a huyundai lantra.. i'll strip the Farker and track it.. watch me smile

I agree thats the biggest reason that bugs me at the moment. I use to drive a toyota starlet 1.3 mofos! And it was the best. I mean it listened to me and I could do practically anything my imagination dared to conjure up within the boundaries of physical limits.

The VTiR as mentioned before is numb. Its a tease of the possibilities of vtec. It doesn't listen to me sometimes and i'm sure everyone knows as a driver that really pisses you off(haha when I say that I don't mean "go left" and it goes right but sometimes it's good and sometimes its shit).

Now obviously alot of people are going to say vtec is not the be all end all and turbo is a bigger step up but hey i know you all still love it. All in all, the idea of raw power and response, stripped car from the factory with option to track is very appealing. Yes it is twice as more, but hell it's all worth it in my eyes, (if I had the money i would have got one in a blink of an eye rather than cheap out and buy the VTiR).

CHILLS
15-11-2007, 08:58 PM
well, my friend (who has no idea about cars) said the same thing. When I said "i'm selling" he looked at me like a retard. To him a car is a car if it doesn't make funny sounds and is obviously not working well he thinks that it's fine. So he's like why not get a ferrari?(sarcastically obviously)

But the ITR is a possible dream and honestly it's the only car I've always wanted. Sure once I there are ALWAYS better cars but they're like obviously ridiculously expensive and quite obviously a impractical goal. I duno, the ITR to me just makes sense as most ppl will say that the ITR is more value than the other variants.

ferrari? yeah we all dream of being schumacher..but hey being an itr lover..i thoroughly like reading type R stories or magz with itr pics on them. And one european mags rated the top ten (or twenty i cant remember) cars in europe...with all the ferrari's or what not type cars thats over $200k, the ITR made it into that list. being an ITR and honda lover makes me proud...

bottom line is, u have to go own one to enjoy it fully...before the write off last fri...when i stepped outside to drive i'd say "hi baby" to my ITR.sound gay i know specially when the mrs slaps me one...but when we drove off in it, u feel the love back... and the mrs was always the first one to say it. =)

please note: when i say "u feel the love back", i mean the response of the car...LOL

T-onedc2
15-11-2007, 09:11 PM
94dc2tegz - it's probably worth noting that even a 99 vtir and 99-01 ITR (and any other 99+ model car) will feel much tighter than a 94 model due to wear and tear.

94dc2tegz
15-11-2007, 09:14 PM
94dc2tegz - it's probably worth noting that even a 99 vtir and 99-01 ITR (and any other 99+ model car) will feel much tighter than a 94 model due to wear and tear.

yea I figured that already. If i manage to do it it'll b like two birds with one stone. Newer and better car. sweeeeet.