PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on delivery

kawara
15-11-2007, 10:06 AM
I ordered a civic yesterday morning.I was told and wrote in the contract my car will come from late december to early January.

2 hours later the dealer called me.He said a customer want to take delivery in December and ask me if I like to accept his car,which will come next week.

I am confuse.Is there any reason behind that?Any trick?

Will the car come December as a 08 model?Or anything else?

markCivicVti
15-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't see any possible tricks. If you prefer to wait (i.e save some money up or get rid of current car) then you can just say no.

Mate, I ordered to my civic 3 months ago, still have another 2 weeks to wait. I'm done with waiting. I'd take it.

I don't see any tricks that they could be playing. It's up to you whether you want the car now or later.
Perhaps the other customer had to still get his finances together or get rid of his old car or whatever.

I'm 90% sure the december car won't be a 08 model.

aaronng
15-11-2007, 10:37 AM
It means someone backed out of a sale and the salesperson now has a car in the showroom ready to go. If it matches the colour and spec that you wanted, that's probably why he called you.

kawara
15-11-2007, 10:40 AM
It means someone backed out of a sale and the salesperson now has a car in the showroom ready to go. If it matches the colour and spec that you wanted, that's probably why he called you.

should I take it?

aaronng
15-11-2007, 10:43 AM
should I take it?

If you want to have your car now, since your Jan 08 car will probably be a "07 built, 08 complianced" car and in the future will have a resale value of an 07. Personally, I'd take a February 08 car. :)

markCivicVti
15-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah if you can wait till feb take that. But otherwise if your happy to take a car asap then next weeks one is as good as any.

Personally resale value doesn't matter to me as I know I'll have the car for a very long time.

EDIT:

Out of interest what colour, transmission (auto/manual) and trim level did you order (vti/vti-l/sport)?

kawara
15-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I believe I will have it for at least 5 years.

The car is VTI silver auto.I didn't add optional.

Initially I ordered a 07 Accord vti.Later I changed my mind because It looks quite old.2002 model any way.

I went to the dealership try to take my deposit back(1000).The dealer offer excahge and the prize is ok(25000+mat+the plastic on the window) as i am not on the posion to negociate.

Freebies are inherit from Accord as I got the price very low(28600) he didin't want give me many freebies.

aaronng
15-11-2007, 09:35 PM
25000 for an auto VTI... ouch... Makes me wonder why don't people just go for the Accord.

Joele
15-11-2007, 09:45 PM
25000 for an auto VTI... ouch... Makes me wonder why don't people just go for the Accord.

Its so ugly :P (the non euro anyway)

Shimian
15-11-2007, 09:51 PM
wow, i still cant believe civics are still selling like hot cakes. Price is still the same.

tkbuild
15-11-2007, 10:08 PM
i see at least 3 every day. :zip: , and when i pass-by Honda dealer their customer parking is always full.

geekmonkey
16-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Its so ugly :P (the non euro anyway)

but I think the driving experiance is different...altough the quality is more or less the same

kawara
16-11-2007, 09:15 AM
A Accord looks ugly,old and bulky.depreation very quick. second hand is very cheap(even euro).

It doesn't belong to this era.