PDA

View Full Version : The big small car comparision-CAR Advice

fasthonda
15-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Mitsubishi Lancer ES .vs. Honda Civic VTi .vs. Toyota Corolla Ascent Sedan .vs. Suzuki SX4 Sedan.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/7806/the-big-small-car-comparison/

markCivicVti
15-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I like the exterior of the lancer and the interior of the civic... just can't win.

Even though the lancer wasn't out at the time, I think if I had to make the decision again I would have sticked wit the civic. For the same reason why I didn't go for the corrolla.
- I'd have more 'pride' in owning a Honda. Not sure why tho

Tho the corolla also had a 'family on a budget' feel to it...

Lancer looks good tho... would have been a harder decision to make.

Joele
15-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah if the Lancer was out when I bought the civic I would have at least test driven it.. I don't mind it at all but haven't sat in one..

Ohh and I agree from the pics the civic certainly has the best looking interior..

applio
15-11-2007, 08:30 PM
the civic come with Metallic Paint standard!!!!! except white!

whereis the mazda 3 and nissan tiida?

Joele
15-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Metallic painnt was extra on the 2007 civic according to the two dealers I spoke to...

applio
15-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Metallic painnt was extra on the 2007 civic according to the two dealers I spoke to...

i pick up my civic vti last month, and before that i went to 3 dealers for compairing/barganing price, but all i got told was matalic print is standard, in black, silver red, purple, and blueish silver. except white color.

markCivicVti
15-11-2007, 09:20 PM
You can't get any of those colours in non-metallic. Mettalic paint is definitly not standard. White is slightly cheaper because it's non metallic.

White is only 300 cheaper... no one gives a stuff about 300 bucks when they buy a 25k car.

ryanc
15-11-2007, 09:30 PM
cool comparison... mm if the lancer was out when i was buying my new car i'd probably hve given it a serious thought!

although with my family previously owning an accord, i'd still choose honda :)

civic interior has a "wooo spaceship" feel to it :D

buddah51au
18-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Very few cars in this class can match the Civic on build quality, reliability, longevity, resale value and the Civic auto leaves the others way behind when it comes to ecconomy......a major reason we buy small cars

Paul1985
18-11-2007, 05:59 PM
small/sports compact FTW!!
big/family sedan FTL (unless of course you have a 2 kids and a wife lol)

denot
19-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Hahahah, but this new civics are not that "small" anymore though... only few cms diff with Euro if I'm not wrong... :p

anyway, I have test drive the new Lancer and it was ok... although, after driving the FDS civic for more than a year, getting in to the "old and ordinary" interior in Lancer makes me feel a bit uncomfortable (as in everything looks old :p) OMG! now I cant set my mind to buy Evo or DC5S :p

fasthonda
19-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't think that Mitsubishi have done enough with the new Lancer.The car overall,doesn't look modern in it's exterior design nor in interior design.In fact I'll go as far to say it looks a bit boxy.
Some commentators have expressed the opinion that the FN2R will become dated sooner, rather than later-I disagree of course:D.
This new Lancer looks like that it's already been out for a year or so.

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 08:04 AM
I disagree with the comparison. In terms of design the Civic is easily the best out of the 4, the only negatives on the Civic is the lack of ESC and airbags as standard.

The Lancer you get for your money, but the Civic feels up a class to the rest of the 3.

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Hahahah, but this new civics are not that "small" anymore though... only few cms diff with Euro if I'm not wrong... :p

anyway, I have test drive the new Lancer and it was ok... although, after driving the FDS civic for more than a year, getting in to the "old and ordinary" interior in Lancer makes me feel a bit uncomfortable (as in everything looks old :p) OMG! now I cant set my mind to buy Evo or DC5S :p

I think it will be really irrational to have the Civic for a year then switch to an Evo or DC5S. Which are basically the same sort of car but with more performance. You might as well just mod your Civic and you'd get the same sort of thing.

denot
20-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I think it will be really irrational to have the Civic for a year then switch to an Evo or DC5S. Which are basically the same sort of car but with more performance. You might as well just mod your Civic and you'd get the same sort of thing.

IAMVTEC, im not sayin i want to swap it with them, but I was planning to "hand over" the civic to my fiance and buy the DC5S or Evo (me want manual!!!). Well, driving on DC5S maybe the same with civic like u sed there, but driving Evo will actually "catch a little bit more attention" than a normal Civic that "economic and practical". :p

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Get a 350z or Boxter or something. Then you have a practical car and true sports car. 2 sedans? naaa too dull :D

denot
20-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Get a 350z or Boxter or something. Then you have a practical car and true sports car. 2 sedans? naaa too dull :D

Boxter? hahahhahaha... I will be happy if I could afford one... :p Or, should I just go for Audi R8? :p 350z sounds nice, but somehow Im not a big fan of Nissan... anyway... back to topiiiiiiiiiic :p