PDA

View Full Version : Dealer extended Warranty - 07 Civic

Joele
16-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Called the dealer about an extended warranty as I am getting maybe my second warranty repair and I havent even reached 2000km yet, so a little concerned regarding future costs..

The extended warranty from Honda they said is 140,000km and 5 years ($795) includes 5yr roadside assist. The Robert Lane warranty is 6yrs and 150,000 ($795) but requires they do the servicing although I get the 10,000km and 20,000km services thrown in for free...

Anyone know if other Melbourne dealers do their own warranties and what they offer? or have good/bad experiences with dealer warranties?

My Mazda (previous car) had a warranty repair one month before the end of its 3 yr warranty which would have cost me more than $795, I was lucky. So I don't see the extended warranties as a bad idea, as I plan to keep the car 5 years like my last two cars..

Joele
16-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Interesting I just called Yarra Honda, and they said $535 for the genuine Honda warranty... $270 cheaper than Robert Lane..

Did anyone else buy the extended after they purchased their car and remember what they paid?

Zdster
16-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Personally I wouldnt get the dealer warranty and get the manufacturers warranty instead.

Joele
16-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah I am leaning towards that as it is 5yr which is all I need, doesn't lock me in to one service center (even though RL was just cheaper for services) and $270 less up front if I buy from Yarra Honda..

dmx
16-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah I am leaning towards that as it is 5yr which is all I need, doesn't lock me in to one service center (even though RL was just cheaper for services) and $270 less up front if I buy from Yarra Honda..

hmm... why u should pay for extended warranty :confused:
my civic got extra 3 years dealer warranty for free when i bought around feb'06. make it total 5years.i also read in newspaper in NSW, nearly every dealer offer 5 years warranty for honda cars (assumed 2 year honda warranty + 3 years dealer warranty).

Joele
16-11-2007, 09:18 PM
my civic got extra 3 years dealer warranty for free when i bought around feb'06. make it total 5years.i also read in newspaper in NSW, nearly every dealer offer 5 years warranty for honda cars (assumed 2 year honda warranty + 3 years dealer warranty).

Honda standard warranty is 3 years not 2.. You pay for the extra 2...

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/Honda.com.au/Home/Owners/Warranty/

Here are the details on the Honda Australia deals being advertised at the moment, the 5 year warranty is only for the Jazz and Accord Euro..

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/honda.com.au/Home/Buying+Tools/Latest+Offers/ListingPage/Region-Sydney

dmx
16-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda standard warranty is 3 years not 2.. You pay for the extra 2...

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/Honda.com.au/Home/Owners/Warranty/

Here are the details on the Honda Australia deals being advertised at the moment, the 5 year warranty is only for the Jazz and Accord Euro..

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/honda.com.au/Home/Buying+Tools/Latest+Offers/ListingPage/Region-Sydney
ok, so we get 3 years standard + pay 2 extra years HONDA warranty ?
oh, mine, 3 years + free 2 years DEALER warranty.
but during all 5 years u have to do all the service in that dealer
otherwise will void the free 2 years warranty.

Joele
16-11-2007, 09:38 PM
but during all 5 years u have to do all the service in that dealer
otherwise will void the free 2 years warranty.

Yeah the RL one required at that dealer, but if I buy the official Honda one (was $535 mentioned above) any Honda authorised service center can service my car they told me... I don't like the idea of being locked to a dealer... I guess that was the decision I had to make...

JaCe
16-11-2007, 11:51 PM

lol i got the same deal when i bought the civic in feb06 also :)